IMDb > 2005 MTV Movie Awards (2005) (TV) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

2005 MTV Movie Awards (TV) More at IMDbPro »

The boring glorification of Lindsay Lohan...

Author: Joelle from United States
19 June 2005

The MTV Movie Awards have been on a continuous decline for several years now, and this year's awards ceremony was no exception.

Gone are the entertaining days where comedians came in casual attire and staged humorous skits (i.e. Jim Carrey), and here to stay are the days where talentless stars like Lindsay Lohan and Paris Hilton are actually meant to be interpreted as serious, accomplished actresses. Yawn...

This is not the Oscars, folks, so here are some recommendations: leave the dresses at home, and show us your finest jeans and shirt. If you win, don't go in to some long-winded speech about how you are so thrilled to win. I mean, c'mon, it's an MTV award, which are basically handed-out at their discretion just to get you in the audience and boost their ratings. And lastly, ditch the red carpet and aftershow coverage: we've all seen what happens when a celebrity expands their ego at too early of an age, and Dakota Fanning or Paris Hilton have nothing enlightening or intelligent to say pre or post awards ceremony.

Pretty great, actually

Author: bsinc from Ljubljana, Slovenia
19 September 2006

I saw these MMA's today (yes, muy tarde) and must say I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the show. Was it the dark lit stage or the host...no, wait, it was because there were frigging proper celebrities around to present/give out awards. Comparing it to the 2006 MMA's which I saw a couple of days ago shouldn't even be allowed, it's a totally different league. Most of the awards went to the rightful winners, but Lindsay Lohan is one over-hyped, over-publicized & talked about and definitely uber under-talented ho. Her receiving the best female performance award was too big a slap on the face. The Cruise/Holmes award thing didn't fool anybody, it was merely an excuse to see if he kisses her or something...which by the way never happened. Loved everything else though...memorable moments by Dustin Hoffman (who convinced everybody that people over 60 don't have to be "old"), the best kiss winners, Samuel L., and some wicked wicked singing and drumming from Foo Fighters. All in all easily above my expectations, especially considering recent (and sadly future) MMA's. Known and respected movie stars, a great host, funny parodies of movies and many unforgettable moments.

Don't be fooled by the shockingly low ratings here on IMDb (who the hell voted anyway), the 2005 MMA's have just improved the overall terrible streak of MMA's for the last 5 odd years.

Enjoyable Awards Show!

Author: jphandle from Raleigh, NC
14 July 2006

With the exception of Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes thing. This awards show was really enjoyable. The Batman spoof and the Star Wars spoof were really funny. Not to mention Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson doing there teachings on how to be a playboy. Jimmy Fallon was hilarious and in my opinion and should be doing the awards every year. Cause he's a natural. All the people who won awards really deserved it. From Dustin Hoffman, Ben Stiller, Dakota Fanning, and Jon Heder (aka Napolean Dynamite). And who will ever forget the best kiss award. There was just a good vibe in this years awards. All the high-fives or low-fives to the guests around the stage was awesome. The music - Mariah Carey, Eminem, and Foo Fighters. A tribute to the Breakfast Club. Just a good awards show all together!

an mtv delight with all traditional movie award features

Author: MagnoliaFan98 from brooklyn, New York
18 June 2005

i think that out of all movie awards, this would almost definitely be number one. the skits spoofing batman and star wars were laugh out loud funny, and the musical guests were great, especially foo fighters. i thought that jimmy fallon did an exceptional job, and made some pretty funny jokes like "chris rock said: viewers either want to see a black man in prison or in a zoo, any place behind bars". i also thought that the winners of the awards deserved what they got (especially john heder and rachel mcadams, who both took home three awards). there was even a bonus to this years movie awards, a tribute to the breakfast club, the 20th anniversary, which was also quite enjoyable. so, all in all it was a great event, and a hope the rating just go up (its already on 7.4)

worst MTVMA ever

Author: kechupydeath from Romania
19 August 2005

I'm sure everybody has seen at least an MTV Movie Awards, so you know what to expect from it: those funny parody movies, lots of celebrities, cool bands, etc. Frankly MTVMA has been in a downfall for over 3 years know so don't expect anything amazing out of this one. Sure it has some nice parts but if you add those so called "nice parts" you end up with about 20 minutes of a good show. This leaves a whole hour of senseless speeches and a very dubious presentation of a certain number of movies. Personally I'm outraged to see Lindsey Lohan win over Hilary Swank, "even a blind man could see" that Lindsey Lohan can't act and can't possibly out-act an Oscar winner. Don't even get me started on those award speeches, if people find those things funny these days then that means that I'm from planet Venus, literally. I mean, if those celebrities knew that they would be presenting or winning an award they could at least spend 10 minutes at home making a decent speech for those who have a +100 IQ. To conclude I want to say that this show was really bad except for those 20 minutes mentioned earlier which, quite frankly, make the hole show worth it. If you're a Lindsey Lohan fan say YES to the awards, if an Al Pacino (or any Oscar-winning actors) fan just say HELL NO! (unless you have a lot, and I mean A LOT of free time)