IMDb > "Dancing with the Stars" (2005/I) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Page 1 of 5:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [Next]

Not Exactly Reality Television

Author: ericpop27 from United States
18 June 2005

Some people would like to write this off as another trashy reality show, but it's definitely not. It's a classy, professional, dance competition. It's refreshing to watch a cultured show and because it's in the summer, younger audiences are tuning in. It's started a craze and it's it's boosted careers for the show's celebrities. It's a hot item on the Yahoo Search and Buzz Log, for a good reason. Don't miss the international phenomenon of...Dancing With The Stars.

Going down hill. Less like a family show and more like a strip show now.

Author: robjones-10383 from Virginia
29 March 2017

I used to love dancing with the stars but as the seasons progress it is becoming less and less like a family show and more of a strip show now. The judges seem afraid to tell the contestant when it is raunchy because when they have in the past the star throws a hissy fit saying how unfair it is. I miss the fun family show that DWTS used to be.

Outrageous elimination

Author: daneldorado from United States
25 April 2017

Until last night -- that would be Monday, April 24, 2017 -- "Dancing With the Stars" was an agreeable, fun show that kicked off each new week with music and rhythm and brilliance. Not any more.

The shocking elimination of Heather Morris -- dancing in the arms of past winner Maksim Chmerkovskiy -- unmasked the ugliness behind the scenes at DWTS. No, this is not just another rant by a disappointed viewer; this was a catastrophe of the highest (or lowest) order. Heather had just wowed the audience with a PERFECT rumba, beautifully choreographed and performed, and had won an enthusiastic perfect score from the judges: Forty points out of a possible 40. As I said, PERFECT.

Then, after all the cheers and the hoopla, Heather and Maks were unceremoniously ELIMINATED from the "competition." What the hell?

That's it. This show has been failing in the ratings, and I guess now we know why. We won't be watching DWTS again, ever.

Dan

Show is rigged

Author: tracerules from Texas
23 June 2015

So it has come out that AT&T accepts a certain amount of votes before none count anymore. The question is what is limit? Regardless of the voting counting issue. People who get 10's can lose to someone who has no dancing ability like Season 17 where Elizabeth Berkley who won two all 10's throughout the show's progression and lost to Bill Engvall, who has no dancing ability at all. I get them wanting to bring on people who are older for a larger audience but they need to invite people who can dance or at least have a shot. Bill Nye did way better to me than Bill Engvall that season and was booted so fast. This show is about POPULARITY NOT ABILITY. When you find out that the judges scores basically mean nothing compared to the people's votes then you see how sad this show is. I will say there are some seasons where the winner made sense but it is roll of the dice.

Rigged with the stars

Author: No Limits from United States
24 May 2017

It's no secret that this TV show is rigged, they literally know who's going to win as soon as they announce the contestants, the winners are usually up hours before they're even announced. Also most likely if they're doing the DWTS Tour then they're the winner, just because some stars schedules are too busy, it usually ends with them losing.

I suspect my dry cleaner will be a 'star" next

Author: uggs94 from United States
16 May 2017

OK, I watched this show once or twice when Emmitt Smith was competing. Emmitt could rightly be called a star. But now? Who are these people? And if no one knows the dancers, who cares who does what?

DWTS now falls into the category of the walking dead. The show died 5 years ago but the producers are making enough money to keep it on TV. The big question is who tunes in to see how Rashaad Jennings is doing?

Fun

Author: lilamendezes12 from United States
4 April 2017

All right, so Dancing with the Stars is what it is. It's a entertaining show for people who like music and or dance. For me, over the past 12 years, it has become something of a tradition for me and my family to watch.

Every season is different, and every season there are those who complain about the season's cast not being "stars." However, anyone who has watched this show knows that the term "star" is used subjectively- you are not going to find current major movie stars doing this show, although you may find a former A-lister doing the show. That is just the nature of this show.

There are always dancers on the show who have more dance experience than others, and it is never going to be a completely even playing field. But for me, and countless other viewers, that is what makes this show what it has become over the years!

So, watch and enjoy it!

Season 20 DWTS

Author: B Ward from United States
17 March 2015

Why is it that Derrick is never paired with a person that has no dancing experience? Keto, who just started, is getting a "Bad" rap. He was voted off the first week last year, and it's not looking good this season. Is there any wonder why Maxx left? I hope someone speaks out on this issue. It almost seems as though the paring is "FIXED", but say it isn't so!!! I am hoping that Keto gets an opportunity to prove that all he needs is the right partner. Maybe Maxx needs to come on a show and speak up about the "Bad" rap that was given to him over and over. Is it that no one wants to challenge Derrick with a partner such as a "Non- dancer?

Just one person's opinion!!!

Dancing With The Trainwrecks.

Author: BlackJack_B from Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
4 April 2017

It's no secret that I loathe reality television and this show really needs to do what American Idol did and go away. It's yet another rigged contest where the winner is pretty much decided the day they announce the participants.

First of all, these aren't exactly who I would call "stars". While they might bring in relevant NFL football players such as Von Miller, most of their "stars" are has-beens and never wills. They love to bring in brainwashed religious fanatics such as Sadie Robertson, Candice Cameron Bure and former Texas Governor Rick Perry who spew their silly beliefs to appeal to the uneducated Bible Belters in the South or people who have had "adversity" affect their lives. The audience has to see long and pointless "talking head vignettes" full of sobbing. You won't be seeing Hugh Jackman, Emma Stone or even Christopher Walken on this claptrap.

Second, after the "star" and their partner have done their dance routine, the annoying judges scream at the top of their lungs sounding desperate for attention while the coached audience reacts. The judges then scream out their scores as an announcer says their name. If you have seen Bobcat Goldthwait's God Bless America then you know what I'm talking about. A normal person would only loathe the entire set-up.

Hosted by failed game show host Tom Bergeron and Casting Couch Connoisseur Erin Andrews, we see endless interviews during the show that are painful to watch.

Put it all together and what results is the worst kind of television imaginable. Only the truly desperate or those devoid of intelligence would even watch this crud. It gets a 1/10.

Correction

Author: shadowxp_92 from United Kingdom
27 March 2007

This is just correcting a mistake that was made:

' Not Exactly Reality Television, 18 June 2005 Author: ericpop27 from United States

DWTS originated out of England made it's way throughout Europe and down under, assuming different titles. BBC, responsible for the American version, entitled the British version 'Strictly Come Dancing' which spawned sequels 'Strictly Come Dancing : It Takes Too' and 'Strictly Ice Dancing'. Of course, there are the obligatory wannabe knock-offs (Fox's Idol-ized 'So You Think You Can Dance') but make no mistake, this show offers real entertainment value about an art form that's often overlooked and seen as outdated. '

Im not sure about the DWTS but the title 'Stictly Ice Dancing' was/is not a BBC program. The correct title is 'Dancing On Ice' and this is shown and made by the British channel ITV who have nothing to do with the BBC. I just wanted to point this out.

Page 1 of 5:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [Next]