Poultrygeist: Night of the Chicken Dead
Page 1 of 7:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [Next]

The best cinematic experience of my life.

Author: this_email_Address_is (this_email_Address_is@hotmail.com) from United States
10 December 2007

It was disgusting, perverse, and childish, and I loved every minute of it--including the times I wanted to throw up. There were quite a few of those. If you're a longtime Troma fan, or if you just like the idea of a musical about zombie chickens full of nudity, gore, and satire, then this movie is for you. The first five minutes delivered more than most movies can in two hours. It was the best Troma movie I've ever seen. The acting was actually good! Don't wait for it to come out on video. Find a theater near you that shows it. I drove 2 hours to see it, and I regret nothing. Nothing. Thank you, Lloyd Kaufman. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

It's Tromarific!!!

Author: LoneWolfAndCub from Australia
5 April 2008

Poultrygeist: Night of the Chicken Dead is Troma's latest offering and easily one of their best movies. Loaded with everything that makes Troma awesome; copious gore, breasts, sex, lesbians, political incorrectness, scatological humour, fat people, slime, car crashes...did I mention gore and sex?? Poultrygeist tells the wonderful story of an American Chicken Bunker fast food store being built on an Ancient Indian Burial Ground (the 'Tromahawk' tribe, to be precise). Young Arbie decides to work there to defy his now ex-girlfriend (who is now a lesbian). What follows is, in typical Troma style, the employees fending off a horde of zombie-chickens who want to the humans flesh.

Lloyd Kaufman has returned to his 'Toxic Avenger' roots and gone for a gross-out comedy/musical/horror that is so much fun, it is hard not to love. Consistently funny the whole way through, with some excellent musical numbers and some truly disgusting special effects, 'Poultrygeist' proves that morally incorrect satire is still alive and kicking. The fact that movies like 'Meet the Spartans' get theatrical releases and this doesn't further proves something needs to be done to get these far superior flicks out for everyone else to enjoy.

Of course, you have to take into account that the acting is not that good (although surprisingly passable), it looks cheap, the story is incredibly random and illogical and it IS shocking. The point of the movie is to be as foul as possible, and it works. The last 20 minutes are a non-stop gore-fest that is bound to please gorehounds around the world.

4½/5

Shocked, Offended, Grossed Out...And It Was Hilarious!

Author: Samualt from Earth
27 July 2008

This was my first Troma film and the most outrageous thing I've ever seen. It is not for the faint of heart or straight laced ignoramuses. This is gonzo cinema all the way. It contains lots of blood, slime, low ball humor, nudity, singing, more blood, more slime, some more blood, and even more disgusting low ball humor. This movie gets really really disgusting and silly in case you haven't guessed. So, get some friends together, grab some brews, and laugh till you drop. The talented and beautiful Kate Graham does some fine acting as well as the lead Jason Yachanin. The movie couldn't have been cast better. The plot may be a little silly but it works well for this genre (comedy horror exploitation.) A must see!

You'll laugh, you'll scream, you'll wish you hadn't eaten

Author: CarolynneD from United States
24 August 2007

By offending absolutely everyone, POULTRYGEIST can offend no one ... and even if it did, they would be laughing too hard to do anything about it. Nothing is safe from ridicule in this gory TROMA comedy -- fast food people, lesbian people, fat people, Middle Eastern people, Latino people, zombie people, middle-aged male people in scout skirts and thongs ... they all get Tromatized! In addition to buckets of chocolate pudding, chicken guts and lime gelatin, this movie also contains singing and dancing, which sends an over-the-top film right over the edge. Bring a strong stomach, a sense of humor ... and any friends who don't take themselves too seriously.

"The chickens! The chickens have come back from the dead!!"

Author: schism101 from United Kingdom
1 June 2008

If you love troma, then you will no doubt be wanting to see Lloyd Kaufman's latest opus POULTRYGEIST: NIGHT OF THE CHICKEN DEAD. It is one of the most entertaining films that i've had the pleasure to sit through. You want OTT, then this film brings it, almost outdoing itself, yet still filled with enough ideas, action and humour that can fill a 100 films! The simple plot is, the American chicken bunker fast food chain has built a new restaurant over an ancient Indian burial ground, yet unbeknowist to them, the Indian spirits are restless and seeking revenge, leading to the body's of the dead chickens coming back to life and causing havoc all around, while at the same time our hero, Arbie, has to fend off the mutant chicken zombies, while trying to win back his former girlfriend, Wendy, who has become a 'left wing lipstick lesbian!' Nothing is sacred in tromaville and everything is under attack, from right wing bigots, left wing protesters, jihad obsessed suicide bombers, Indians, the handicapped, the American public in general, corporate culture and political correctness all backed by buckets of bloody over the top gore and musical numbers!! If you have a chance to see this then do so, as you will not regret seeing it, though be warned its troma, so leave your sense of seriousness at the door!!

Loved Every Minute Of It

Author: ary08004 from Australia
4 April 2008

Oh joy of joys,why aren't there more movies like this around.From the opening scene in the cemetery,the songs,"Fast Food Love",is no.1 on my hit parade"MY MEAT IN YOUR BUNS MAKES A SPECIAL SAUCE",LOL,and should be on everybody's,funny as hell yet somehow,bizarrely,touching.The chemistry between the two leads is obvious,and is why this movie works so well for me,apart from the hundreds of other crazy scenes and dialouge.Troma somehow melds all this craziness and disgustingly hilarious anarchy into an almost perfect piece of z-grade pap,but as with almost all Troma film's,there always seems to be an underlying "eco" message in there somewhere,where i'm not exactly,sure but you just know it's in there somewhere.But hey don't take my word for it,buy it,rent it,watch it at a drive-in,(perfect drive-in fare),but whatever you do ,indulge.8/10.

Troma fans unite, and rejoice at the release of POULTREYGIEST!

Author: Jeff Chitty from United States
24 September 2007

This film may be the most absurd, violent, gory offensive and hysterical film I have ever seen!

I loved every minute of it!

Troma fans delight, Lloyd has returned with a film definitely worth waiting all of these years for, and he pulls no punches and makes no appologies. There is at least one thing in this film to offend nearly everyone in the audience.

It is gleefully sick and twisted and made me laugh so hard that I cried and my stomach hurt. One person in the row with me nearly vomited!

It will not be coming to DVD for quite some time, so if this film comes to your town GO SEE IT AT ALL COSTS! You will not be disappointed!

Great dramatic potential, but they had to make it into a musical!

Author: siderite from Romania
23 February 2010

The movie is in the same time gory, funny, stupid, musical (complete with dance routines), offensive, gross , racist and it features Ron Jeremy in a cameo. It's what you get when you build a chicken fast food on an Native American burial ground in Tromaville.

You have to understand that I just had to watch it all. I knew it was sick, but I did it anyway. I rated it 3 stars because the musical scenes annoyed me, otherwise I would have rated it 2, that is: so bad it is worth watching.

Truth be told, the movie had great potential for fun, I was in a continued state of disgust but with a happy smile on my face at the same time. However, the jokes almost turned into one of those Scary Movie kind and that potential was partially lost.

It is not with zombie chickens, but people zombies with chicken attributes. It is not really a horror movie, but a parody. It is what you would get for crossing American Pie with Poltergeist, Scary Movie and a political movie against fast food chains. Damn effective, too. I can't imagine anyone actually eating chicken after they saw this film. You will find yourselves unconsciously ordering veal or pork and not know why :)

Bottom line: could have been better, but who am I kidding? They never went for quality here. Had some good jokes amongst a lot of average to bad ones.

Troma Sweet Troma

Author: chaos-rampant from Greece
5 April 2008

Troma's return to form is probably one of the better pictures they've ever produced. In the Troma scale Poultrygeist takes the full 10/10. Watch it for zombie chickens, gay Mexican chicken tackos, inbred trailer trash chicken f-ckers, the most insane 15 minutes of gore I've seen in some time, a Ron Jeremy cameo, fundamendalist Muslim hotties defending America, musical numbers, bucketloads of green slime, blood and sh it, a man transforming into a giant egg with a giant zombie chicken hatching out of it, laugh out loud moments and of course that very familiar car crash stunt. Heck this is as good as it gets. In case you're wondering, no this is not one of those movies where the description is better than the actual movie.

Blemish, but can still be enjoyed by fans.

Author: jaxenross from California
14 May 2017

It's been a while ever since I've seen this movie; yes, it's bad but still has potential. Top it all off with shoddy writing, dialogue, crummy special effects at times and the godawful projectile- diarrhea sequence. If you're a die-hard Troma fan, you'll enjoy this.

What's more appealing is watching the behind-the-scenes documentary: Poultry in Motion, showing the real-life pain and suffering of making a Troma movie - it does have its share of jolly moments and a happy ending, for now.

My only option to make this movie preferable is toning down most of the sex, violence and dialogue - about five minutes - in hopes of attaining an R-rating and then expanding the movie into a wide release, so it could lucrative as opposed to the disappointment it was, since the movie was unrated and didn't get into too much theaters.

I could still see why.