IMDb > American Wasteland (2005) (VG) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

American Wasteland (VG) More at IMDbPro »

Great game, cheesy dialogue.

Author: anbleth from Philippines
27 November 2005

I just started playing and am almost finished with the latest installment of the Tony Hawk series. Tony Hawk's American Wasteland plays similar to its predecessors, only difference being that there are a few new moves and options that greatly enhance the game play. The levels are all linked together so you won't have to select them from a screen; you just ride to the location using the Skateboard, BMX, or the bus or truck if you're lazy. The downside seems to be that the conversations amongst the characters could be dull or sappy, and sometimes really cheesy. This doesn't really take away from the game due to the fact you'll spend most of your time completing missions or riding from town to town.

I can personally say that once I started playing, I couldn't put it down for hours. The missions are just really exciting, creative and challenging enough to keep you playing nonstop.

Aside from the dialogue, I give it a 9/10.

The best Tony Hawk video game to date

Author: hchais from United States
5 May 2007

This game is the best Tony Hawk game to date and it might even be the best Tony Hawk game ever. I don't know why people hate this game so much. It might not have a very good story, but it is still incredibly fun. The graphics are very good and you learn a lot more stuff in this game, like the bert slide and more specials and stuff like that. I don't care what people think about this game. It is a good game. It is even funny in parts. This is a great game. Tony Hawk's Project 8 was horrible. That is the worst Tony Hawk game ever. I hope that they come out with a better Tony Hawk game in October 2007. So, in the end, this is a great game. I hope you can understand me with this. A great game. 10/10