IMDb > "What About Brian" (2006) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"What About Brian"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"What About Brian" More at IMDbPro »

Funny and witty comedy about different types of love

Author: blueseas from USA
17 April 2006

I turned to this show by accident and I could not turn away. I loved the show's premise where love is portrayed in 4 stages - the single dating scene; a couple before marriage; a married couple without children; and a long-wed married couple with many children. Each of the different stages faces their own problems and they have to figure out ways to deal with them, and the show does not try to convince you about which stage is the best. The single guy faces as many problems as the married couples, so it is up to the viewer to decide what to do. Of course, there are some twists involved in addition to these stages, but the show is great to watch.

The actors fit their roles entirely and the problems they face can be identified by all people who have ever been in love. In an era where Friends, Sex and the City, Everybody loves Raymond and other quality shows that depicted the relationships of people in a comedic sense are gone, I'm glad that there is finally a new show to continue this genre. I only hope the rest of the series continues like this and keeps my interest!

What About Brian

Author: jerryc-4 from United States
2 May 2006

This series is one of the best shows in recent years... it has a wonderful cast, moves quickly and seems very fresh.

My wife and I both love it, and we've been watching it despite it's terrible placement at 10PM on Monday Nights... and despite the fact of being huge Medium fans.

I'm really glad to see Rosanna Arquette back in the acting scene... ironically up against sister Patricia.

The initial trailer for the series did not disappoint and the episodes have all been better than advertised.

Hopefully it comes back for a second and third season.

Jerry in Gladstone Oregon

This show is fantastic!

Author: cns714 from United States
9 May 2006

I was hooked on this show from day one. Loved all the characters .. all the stories ... so much more realistic than Desperate Housewives etc etc ... I would love to see it come back. Please 'abc'... Bring 'What About Brian' back. My Boyfriend who loves action packed, thriller, horror movies love this show as well. We look forward every Monday 10 pm est. They cannot just end that show with that finale also ... these are stories that must come back and fill us in on what happens next. I couldn't believe how fast the finale come up and how I read that the ratings weren't that good but I hardly ever saw any marketing for this show ... marketing and hype which it deserves , if given a chance I know that this show would be loved by all.

Light and refreshing Brian Watson is adorable!

Author: rebecca_jansen from Canada
2 May 2006

Enjoying the show. Hope it gets picked up in the fall. With so few episodes - just enough to get hooked - it's like your friends will be away in Europe all summer and you can't stay in touch! I have to say Brian Watson, who I was not familiar with, is very good. He is so real, vulnerable and human in his portrayal of his story line. I am looking forward to seeing more of him in the future. There are so many criminal based shows it is nice to be reminded about the subtle and not so subtle relationship dynamics we encounter. I am looking forward to Brian being in a relationship, so hopefully next season. The open marriage storyline threw me but I think there are going to be some interesting episodes coming full circle with that concept. Good Luck

Great New Show

Author: marciabertolli from United States
25 May 2006

I have seen all the episodes of this show, which appear to be all the episodes they have so far. They better create more since they had a great finale and I can't wait to see how it pans out. What I really find different about this show is the relationship among the male characters. They really care about each other and help each other out and have more to talk about than just sports and sex. Most TV shows have one dimensional male characters. These guys are actually interesting. The writing is great and the casting was really well done -- no weak links. Hope they bring it back next year. There are so few good shows out there and I absolutely REFUSE to watch any of those brainless reality shows.

Great new show

Author: Bud Gott from Delaware, United States
17 April 2006

Last night was the premiere (although they called it a 'sneak preview') of What About Brian. Tonight was the actual 'premiere.' I'm already hooked after watching these two episodes.

I'm one of the few people who have never seen Seventh Heaven, but I'd heard of Barry Watson. This is the first thing I've seen him in and I think he was a great choice to play Brian. He's a likable actor and he's perfect for the part of Brian.

The entire cast is good. I especially like Sarah Lancaster, and not just because she's drop dead gorgeous.

Both the acting and writing on this show are great. There's a really nice mix of drama and humor. A lot of shows attempt to blend the two and fail. What About Brian succeeds.

I hope this show gets a big audience and becomes a huge hit.

Bud Gott

More people should watch this show

Author: nash8784 from Canada
17 April 2006

I didn't know what to think when I first watched this show. After having watched it I want to show my support for the show. I was actually happily surprised how much I liked the show. I recommend others watch this show and give it a chance. This is a different role for Barry Watson, than when he played Matt Camden. I think he could really grow into this GREAT character, if viewers give the show a chance. I loved Dave in todays episode. He's so cute and a great husband... his wife on the other hand...! I don't know what to think of her. I guess her character flaws make Dave look better. Adam was so sweet at the end of this episode, I just fell in love with him.

I love this show

Author: caldwell01 from United States
9 May 2006

I have been a serial reality TV addict and this is the first actual show that I have gotten into. I love this show. The chemistry between Brian and Marjorie is great, I can't wait to see what happens there. I can't believe only 4 or 5 episodes and it's already season finale. I hope it gets picked up. I love the dynamic between Adam and Deena also. Nic and her husband makes a strange couple but whatever. I love this show! I hope it's being watched by all the Neilson families..... .. anyway I don't know what else to say other then watch the show! Please watch so it will stay on the air please...

Writing is witty, people are pretty, and the overall feeling is real

Author: MichaelWeihn (mweihn@yahoo.com) from Las Vegas, NV
17 April 2006

Not very often does a romantic dramedy TV show come along and really stick to very real and controversial issues in love. It's only had 2 episode air so far & we've already seen one night stands, sperm donors, open marriage discussion, and Brian is in love with his best-friends fiancée'. And apparently they are just getting started. It's got a very beautiful cast including one of my favorites, the always sensational Rosanna Arquette. I'd definitely recommend this new show, one of the best new shows of the season. My favorite new shows of this season would be (in no particular order) What About Brian, Thief, Three Wishes, Out of Practice, War at Home, Criminal Minds, Night Stalker (which unfortunately was the one show on this list that was canceled), and the New Adventures of Old Christine. Every other new show I watched this season I only made it through one episode. Oh I also enjoy So NoTorious on VH1 which I'm even shocked I like that show.

the TV show is real great- so far

Author: cineasten89 from Sweden
4 March 2007

I have watched the five episodes of the first season as well as the fifteen episodes of the second season which have been aired so far- and so far, I am completely loving this TV show. It is one of the finest TV shows that are airing right now, because of its three-dimensional characters and very realistic story. The cast is of the high class- the funny, somewhat cute Dave Greco who has troubles in his marriage with Deena; Brian, who never seems to be able to have a long relationship with a girl; Adam, Brian's best friend, who is a lawyer; Marjorie, who is a doctor and leaves Adam by the altar; Nicole, Brian's sister whose husband dies and leaves her a single mom to a new born baby. An interesting TV show that gives us many surprises by each episode. The most TV show that is being aired on TV right now often has one dimensional characters, especially when it is about men, but in this TV show it is so different. I like the new idea to make a TV show about thirty years old group of friends and their everyday life, instead of the melodramatic and unrealistic high school TV shows or the morally TV shows like 7th heaven- or the "rich life" TV show, The O.C.

This is definitely better than Desperate Housewives, according to myself.