IMDb > "Supernatural" (2005) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Supernatural"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"Supernatural" More at IMDbPro »

Page 10 of 58: [Prev][5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [Next]

perfection

Author: fpjsell from United Kingdom
30 April 2006

When i saw the Pilot i was immediately hooked, i was scared and i also recognised the story from when i was younger. I had been told this ghost story of this woman who would catch out drivers by appearing in the road then in their back seat. I cannot imagine going a Sunday without Supernatural now! I would recommend it to everybody who is even the slightest bit interested! It has got to be the best TV that I have seen in a long while. I continue being amazed and I know that the season finale is going to be great and I'm sure it will impress. The acting is just brilliant and the imagination of the writers is just unbelievably magnificent, above all standards! Supernatural is just what TV is about.

Its Great

Author: ema_h_89 from United Kingdom
28 April 2006

When i first saw the advert for Supernatural, i was hooked, just one look at Jensen Ackles, i think hes great! I love the supernatural things they solve and as soon as it comes on, i'm watching, i just cant get enough! I really like watching sci-fiction programmes including charmed, invasion, surface and dark angel, which Jensen Ackles also stars in dark angel! He is lovely.

i hope the series never ends, I'm hoping it is going to be running for a long time.

i think it is interesting to watch, with the ghost, spirits, and i think the one that had the insects in a few weeks a go was horrible, i could not stop itching, i kept thinking there were bugs on me!

I LOVE WACTHING

Genius!

Author: Jodibabe_2325 from United Kingdom
7 April 2006

What can I say what you all haven't said already? Supernatural is a great combination of the surreal and reality. The narratives are unbelievable yet they are represented so strongly, that the messages about the closeness between two brothers, coming of age and family bereavements, which all relate to experiences people have keeping it from making the audience see it as far fetched. The highlight of the show is the protagonists because they are amazing they add sex appeal, humour and intense depth through personality. Both characters are extremely opposite, which is stereotypical between two brothers but is still endearing to watch because of the secrecy behind their individual persona's. The absence of a father figure leaves the audience captured and feel obligated to take this journey with these brothers, which is really effective because it involves us in the fight against the surreal. Rock On Supernatural!!! 9/10 from me for suspense, humour and the ability to keep the audience hooked.

perfection in television

Author: Borninne88 from United States
7 April 2006

I have seen every episode religiously, this is my favorite show that is running right now. People who don't like the scary stuff, like me, can watch this show and not be spooked, it is a horror show, but it makes you laugh through the whole show. When the two brothers go at it, making jokes and pulling pranks on each other, it shows that even though they do a tough job, traveling and killing monsters most people believe to be fake, that they can have fun and they are very close. If you like to watch stuff that makes you think sometimes, or just for a thriller, this is the show for you. My family hasn't watched one episode, but if and when it comes out on DVD for the first season, which has been very long, I will be the first one in line to buy it.

Like a drug

Author: jennadj2002 from Germany
2 March 2006

This show is somewhat like a drug. I was addicted to another show for a long time and then came Supernatural and turned me around. The actors Jensen Ackles and Jared Padelecki are really remarkable. I'm normally don't like this dark movies or shows but an Dean Winchester (Jensen Ackles) is able to make you forget a lot of things, like your name...or the birthday of your kids. Just joking. But he and Jared are HOT HOT HOT. What makes the show so specific???? The story maybe??? The lines, the good acting of both actors???? I think it is a mixture of many things. It's dark but somehow bright too. It's sad and witty at the same time. This show has too continue.

Yes, Everyone Should Love This Show

Author: Punkever08 from United States
3 January 2006

This show contains pretty boys and an amazing storyline. The show could not get any better at this point. It is my Tuesday night fetish along with Gilmore Girls. Supernatural is my main one. A few of my friends and I cannot wait for Tuesday to roll around thanks to this show! I can't wait for the new episode next Tuesday. I've been waiting for weeks now for it to come on. I can't wait to see what's going to happen next. My friends and I are patiently waiting until the 10th.

I recommend this show to anyone and everyone who likes a bit of suspense! It keeps you on edge until the end. It explores the things that people aren't sure really exist and that is awesome!

Never expected the storyline to be this AMAZING!

Author: bling77 from Egypt
23 April 2010

Well to be honest, Supernatural isn't just like any show! Its amazing, creative and a masterpiece! this isn't coming from a geek no its coming from a guy who watched all of the shows that are airing now! It started with bad effects but it got better and better and i never thought the storyline would be that tall and amazing.

It was just building itself throughout the seasons! i though they ended the storyline in season 2 but when season 4 came then i understood everything. its not that complex but it will make you jump all day because of how you want to watch the next episode! Jensen & Jared are funny and great actors! i hope the show never ends I'm serious! its very unique and they limit their effects and stuff! they are not like Buffy with monsters and flying stuff, no! they just know how it should be done!!

Guys can watch this-- The writers are talking to us

Author: Rabh17 from United States
24 August 2007

When I first heard of Supernatural-- I panned it because the first couple of reviews here on IMDb were from women squealing how HOT the co-stars were. And oh, the stories were good-- and Dean was HOT. And the dialogue was great and Sam was HOT HOT HOT.

Being that as a Guy I wasn't interested in shows that profiled "hot" guys-- and I am ashamed to say that the squeals about HOT made me erroneously think that the female posters were ignoring the show content and judging the show with excess estrogen levels-- I passed it over.

Then I downloaded an episode from iTunes and was utterly surprised.

One-- the Special effects are superbly toned.

Two-- When the episode goes for 'Creepifying' they hit it dead on.

Three-- when the episode is serious-- it's like a miniature Creature Features (Anyone remember that?)

Four-- When the episode was a little tongue in cheek-- I almost expect to see the Crypt Keeper cackling in the background.

FIVE-- Until this point-- I had not realized how well the two co-stars went together. This was a show about Two Guys. They're Brothers. They're Family. They don't always Like Each other. And they deal with emotional issues, physical issues, political issues like Guyz. Sometimes they resolve issues by Decking each other, and YES Ladies, it makes sense. And it's not always a joke-- it's a resolution. If you don't have the hormones or a brother, I can't explain it to you.

The show isn't being artificially cluttered up with non-stop soppy talky-talky female lovey-dovey please-hold-me-I'm-Cold infatuation. In the first season-- the purpose of the woman in the episodes was to SCREAM. And SCREAM. And SCREAM.

I loved it! But then, I'm a Guy.

Best show on TV today

Author: mm-39 from Winnipeg
3 July 2006

Super Natural is the best show on TV today. Nice to see low budget reality TV fade away, and even worse Jerry Springer over the top style shows. I love the super bad car, and love the relationship of the one sensitive brother who is balanced with the macho/cool brother. The plots very, with interesting spooky stories mixed with humor. The characters and the stories have believability to them, which creates a levity for the show. No social messages or hidden meanings, just normal people and towns with strange happenings. My wife noticed one of the guys is from Days of are lives. I can see the actor going to the big screen one day. 10 out of 10. Get your VCRs warmed up and tape the show if you work nights like I do. Unfortunately, there are only 8 episodes. Hopefully, they will continue and make more for next season.

Author: RaidaS from Queensland, Australia
29 May 2006

Much as I liked Buffy, and Angel, and Smallville, and XFiles, I like Supernatural for a few simple reasons, specifically because I've watched the other shows. The main characters aren't in high school for one thing. Most of the characteristics I like can be drawn back to that one fairly easily.

The fact they're 22 & 26, and male, means that these characters can swear. They can get laid. Not every girl they see has "first kiss" lovey-dovey built in. They can go to jail without their parents being called. They don't have deadlines in assignments to meet. They can drive. They can drink. And they can get hurt without hiding the fact from all their friends.

Halleluja! If I wanted to see more of the same, there's 7 seasons of Buffy, 5 of Angel, 5 of Smallville, and dozens of other examples I could go to. This is new, with the action I'd expect, without the XFile's restrictive regulations imposed on the characters due to their jobs. (Which I also like - but who doesn't?) Throw caution to the wind!

I like that it's two brothers driving around, not girls being insightful or oh-so-smart or chick-flicky or even empowered Buffy-style. I like action films, and thrillers, and sci-fi, and horror, and comedy, and this show's got a little bit of everything. Don't expect high art here, it's just a bit of good fun, entertaining. And I dunno about you, but I'm watching these shows to be entertained, not find out the meaning of life, the universe, and everything. (42 by the way ;] ) I'd suggest you sit back, watch a few episodes, and see if you agree. If not, don't watch anymore :P