IMDb > "Supernatural" (2005) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Supernatural"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"Supernatural" More at IMDbPro »

Page 4 of 57: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [Next]

Supernatural is Amazing!

Author: sanity_is_forbidden from United States
30 November 2005

I have seen all but one of the episodes of Supernatural, and i can say that the second i saw the first episode i loved it. I'm into the supernatural stuff and the fact that they have Jared Padalecki and Jenson Ackles playing the two Winchester boys just makes the series a whole lot better. The series is basically about how their mother dies a horrible death and how they are recovering from that, and how then Sam(Jared Padalecki) see's his girlfriend murdered right in front of his eyes. Then their father disappears almost suddenly and while they try to find their father they are suppose to take up where their father left off (their father and dean, together without Sam, went out getting rid of supernatural spirits and stuff)and get rid of as many "things" as they can and try to find their father in the process. There has also come up a few times that Sam(Jared) is started to have these weird dreams and feelings and doesn't know why, and although Sam is getting freaked out by what is mysteriously changing him and the power that is growing in him that he doesn't even know he has, Dean is starting to get worried about his brother's safety and the fact that they still haven't seen or heard their father in months. Dean(Jenson) hides the fact that he's freaked and scared and keeps up a tough boy act. Can Dean hold up the act much longer without cracking, will Sam ever come to realize what mysterious powers he holds, will they find the killer of Sam's Girlfriend(who's name is Jessica) and their mother, and will they ever be able to find their father..."alive"? I love the mystery and the little horror this series holds. It keeps me on the edge of my seat and i know that as long as the fans keep watching this series will continue showing...for many seasons.

The Best Creepy Show

Author: edd1922005 from Canada
22 November 2005

Finally a scary show that does not gross you out, but gives spine shivers and plays with your mind and imagination with great writing and the stars handle comedy (refrence to other ghost TV shows currently on-air made me laugh) and the scary stuff perfectly (Seeing a shadow behind a curtain is more frightening then a million bucks worth of CGI). Supernatural is a hit for me and the members of the media I work with, its always water cooler chat the next day about Tuesday nights episode.The cast of 2 reminds me of the early episodes of the X-Files, and thats a good thing, Jensen Ackles (Dean)fits this role to a Tee, much better then on Smallville, but working with Kristin Kreuk in Vancouver must have had its positives and Jared Padalecki (Sam) from Flight of the Phoenix is such the opposite it makes interesting characters. Its a big bowl of popcorn and an hour well spent Tuesdays at 9pm (Eastern Time)BRAVO !

Supernatural

Author: Mystick_Angel_Faery from United States
17 October 2005

Even though this show has only been on a few weeks, the plot of each story is well written and to the point, much of what is written is based on history and urban legends from both the US and Canada.

This show is for anyone that is into the paranormal, ghost-hunting stuff. I find this show useful and entertaining as well as descriptive.

Jared and Jensen do a superb job acting like two brothers though in the first episode they lacked the relationship as brothers but by this week thee acting improved.

Still I have many questions pertaining to Jessica and the mother and how they died. The way the writer presents their death is fantastic and well creative.

Shows promise.

Author: neaera from United Kingdom
16 September 2005

I enjoyed the pilot episode very much, the opening scene was very well done. It was suitably creepy and had some stunning imagery. The two leads have good chemistry. Jensen Ackles has immediately introduced a likable character, and has established from the onset what his character, Dean, is about. the other brother, Sam, is also a likable guy, and we can understand his reluctance to go with his brother on his "missions". The premise is also very clever, so long as it does not get stale, as could happen with a TV show like this. As long as the chemistry between the leads is maintained, and there is lots of character development, as well as "scare-of-the-week" stories, this show could go far. I'm definitely looking forward to coming episodes, and what other mythical creatures will be brought into the fold.

Supernatural

Author: hermitme from New York, USA
30 November 2005

Is a good show with potential to be better if given a chance. The characters definitely play well against each other, there's good chemistry there. The idea of taking urban legends and myths of small towns is well done, and with a little more effort from the writers, this show could become top notch. The actors are very good, and the scenes are pretty authentic.

The story of two brothers in search of their father, in search of monsters/ghosts and things that go bump in the night, and at the same time in search of themselves is a good ploy. Not to mention, these guys haven't seen each other for years and now need to do some catch up. You can sense the different worlds they grew up in, as sometimes they have a difficult time in relating to each other. One will mention something that will totally go over the other's head. Different pasts.

Supernatural is definitely not a time waster, and a heck of a lot better than most of the shows on TV right now.

disappointed

Author: rubee666 from Norway
7 December 2015

What the F*** is going on with this show?? This show isn't rolling downhill anymore, it's being sucked into a void of crap, i'm at the point where i just skip to the end of the episodes just to get the info i need to understand the actual plot of the season. If you had asked me 3-4 years ago about this show, i would rate it nr. 5- 6 on my top 10 list, but now, i'm now i don't even know why i watch it. Season 1-5 was good, original, got me exited and made me wanna watch more, but now you can tell the show is reaching so far and trying everything to fill out the seasons, every bit of stuff they can find, they will put it in. Bringing in old characters, old monsters, new cursed objects that kills people or make other people kill people.. yes i just watched the one with the masks, and i tormented myself into watching all of it, in case there was info i needed for the next ones. I'm sorry if i seem like a party-pooper, but when they bring in the darkness, and turns Crowley into a dad, then it's clear that they are really running out of stuff to use. If you are going to try this show out, then watch season 1-5, that's the good stuff, what comes after is starting downhill slowly, slow enough for you not too notice at first. But stop after season 10, there is no good reason to continue, pretend it's over, and have a small happy memory of the show. good luck.

An Excellent Show Gone Down the Drain

Author: (rainy-designs) from United States
22 July 2015

If I could write a review of Supernatural for seasons 1-5 only I would give this show a 10 star rating. The first five seasons of the show are amazing, they're strongly driven by both characters and plot, the writing is spot on, the acting is fantastic. Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki live in their roles - the supporting cast is also great. Unfortunately after season 5 the show completely bombs on the writing front, the plot lines for seasons six, seven, and eight are terrible - so bad they border on being unwatchable. Seasons nine and ten are only average at best and while the acting continues to be good the lack of plot has taken all life out of the show and turned it into a supernatural soap opera. This show is a good example of a TV show that has been run into the ground by writers and directors and fans that don't understand that all stories have natural end points and there is no shame in that. It is sad that this has been done to a once awesome show.

Love this Show!

Author: gossipgrrl13 from United States
17 August 2009

i heard of "Supernatural" a few times but i never actually watched it. i just started watching it a few weeks ago and i must say i was hooked. Jared Padalecki (Sam Wincester) and Jensen Ackles (Dean Winchester) are great in this show. It kinda reminded of old school "Charmed" mixed with the "X-Files". Whats great about that show is that its also in ways easy to catch up because there's really only two main characters its easy to get into. It has non-stop action and mystery and it just gets you hooked. The acting is great and the characters have so much depth and history. This is a great show and i hope it lasts a lot more seasons. i give it a 9/10.

Carry on me my wayward son, You'll be sad when it is gone!!

Author: Jeffrey B from Denmark
18 June 2009

This show is and will always be AWESOME! It follows two brothers who fight demons and the likes. Back before it started, I saw the commercial. I have to admit I thought that this was just another boring show like "Ghost Whisperer". It 100% isn't. I got hooked. I watched it every week. Nonstop every time of the day, I thought of new creatures that Sam & Dean could kill. I wrote these different essays about this show and about the creatures that are in this TV-Show. It is AMAZING! Oh and don't forget you have the Incredible Metallicar! BTW: On Facebook become a member of the group " The Metallicar is better than a Ferrari".

I have to tell you this!: WATCH IT! GET HOOKED!

If you don't... You'll regret it!!!!!

Supernatural review

Author: rubydreamer from Canada
1 January 2006

I've only watched a few episodes, but this show shouldn't be disregarded as just another WB made-for-teen shows. Yeah it actually makes sense most of the time. The plot isn't stupid or completely outrageous and makes you want to barf all over the carpet. Sure the two main characters are extremely good looking, but the characters (while they might be a bit stereotyped) are interesting and fun to watch when they have the brother bickering going on. It has some great lines too...at least I laughed. It has some scary moments,some suspenseful ones and some just really f-ing cool ones.

Yeah I definitively recommend it. It sure ain't "normal" teen show and thank the heavens for that. The only thing i'm worried about is if they try and make the show more appealing to the more shallow and weak little girls of our generation. I'm soooo f-ing tired of all these Mary-Sue like chick personas with flat stomachs and just begging for people to save them.

I must admit the show is flawed in many ways, but the flaws aren't so apparent and the show is still excellent even with them.

You! Go watch SupernaturaL RIGHT NOW!