IMDb > "Reunion" (2005) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Reunion" More at IMDbPro »

Page 1 of 4:[1] [2] [3] [4] [Next]

Guess they never knew there were other time slots.

Author: jwjwjwjw1 from United States
10 January 2006

Can you imagine the outrage if 24 were canceled mid-season? I have to believe the "bigs" at Fox never thought that Reunion might succeed if it weren't up against two heavy-weights on other networks. They make adjustments for other shows, often showing re-runs and re-runs and re-runs. And now the producer basically says that "Reunion will only return over my dead body." Wait! I know why it was canceled. They weren't smart enough to have an ending. Sounds like a child who covers his eyes and says, "You can't see me." That will solve the problem.

Maybe the solution in the future when it comes to Fox is just wait until the season is over and buy the DVD. That way you won't be left wondering who....

I liked it just fine

Author: Fugitive_at_imdb from Phoenix, AZ
10 September 2005

This show should do well, despite the negative reviews I've been reading on here. There are plenty of cool story lines opened up in just one hour, and several of the cast members have already become interesting. I don't see a problem with the show fulfilling all these multiple story lines in the space of a year. Should be fun.

And I look forward to it. I believe many times reviews are based on "expectations vs. reality," but as a viewer who had no wish at all to see The Greatest TV Show Ever Created, I can tell you I enjoyed everything thoroughly.

If you think a program with 24's formula, but in a Dawson's Creek setting, sounds like your kind of show, then by all means sit back and enjoy. But if the sound of that terrifies you, then be afraid. Be very afraid.

But it suits me. So I'll watch it all the way through. Happy to be here.

I loved it!

Author: CHiCkLeTdC from United States
16 September 2005

I'm usually not too into a specific show (save for The O.C. & Desperate Housewives...hey, I am 20!), but, no kidding, after one episode of Reunion I was hooked.

I can't even say how bummed I was that it's time-slot conflicted with Bush's speech last night because I was really looking forward to the 1987 episode, which will now air next Thursday. Again, that conflict was disadvantageous because, being a new show, it needs to build up a following and having the second episode pushed back a week kills some momentum.

That said, TV doesn't always have to be Emmy worthy to be enjoyable. I don't expect Reunion to take home any prizes, but I do expect it will be able to capture my attention all season. Ever watch the first few episodes of a beloved show years later? Sometimes you wonder how you ever got hooked. Character building takes some time.

The one episode for each year idea is wonderful, in my opinion. The only other show I can recall doing something similar is 24, with each episode being an hour...and having an eventful year is more realistic than a day that eventful! Please give this show a shot. Relax about art form...it's just TV!

Not bad, not bad at all!

Author: Bill Persell (billntwrk@yahoo.com) from San Diego, California
9 September 2005

An interesting concept. Each episode representing a year starting in 1986. Music clearance must have been a massive pain because they producers seem to hit 1986 pop music *dead on*. (I wonder what impact this will have on future DVD sales, if the show gets that far. SO, the premise is, *The Gang* reunites 20 years after getting out of high school for a funeral. So far, so good. Question is, who is the target audience? 18-24 or 18-39. Looks like it is going to take a few episodes before an audience is established. HAving said that, I did enjoy the first episode. I suppose I am biased, having worked with Alexa Davalos on *Surrender, Dorothy*. She really is the anchor of this show (Pregnant, single mom. College student in the United Kingdom. Torn between the boy she is with and the boy she loves)I was particularly drawn to Chyler Leigh as "Carla". I mean, when I was in high school, I knew a girl just like this char. All in all, this show has a shot! FOX did the right thing and got it out to the audience early. Maybe it can develop a decent enough audience that it can survive the fall on slaught. Time will tell.

One of the best shows since O.C.

Author: bc04_13 from United States
8 September 2005

This show kept me on the edge of my seat! i love all the actors Amanda and chyler were great! This show also had a couple of good love stories to go with the good mystery! the music was also top notch(it was 80s music! I STRONGLY recommend u watch this!I'm so happy Amanda joined the cast of a good show! I think this show can survive at least 1 season( the premise is gonna be so hard to give it a 2nd season! Sean Faris was also great ! Finally the timeslot after the O.C. has something worthwhile since tru calling! PLEASE WATCH THIS!i give this show a 10/10! Awesome actorts, premise, setting, music, and timeslot! This is gonna be one of my favorite shows i can already tell!

The Reunion premiere...

Author: somenoise from New York
15 September 2005

I just watched the premiere of Reunion on Fox. And I must admit that I really enjoyed this show. It's very interesting to see history of a group of six friends over the course of 20 years in just one seasons. When I watched the first episode,, it already made me curious to know how it's going to be, twenty years later. It's a very interesting, has some drama, some mystery, some love and etc. I hope to catch every episode! Here are a synopsys that I saw, about Reunion, is very interesting: WILL (Will Estes) longs to leave his small town behind. Aided by an athletic scholarship, he is the first in his family to go to college. CRAIG (Sean Faris), handsome and privileged, looks forward to the Ivy League with his girlfriend, SAMANTHA (Alexa Davalos), whose ambition is surpassed only by her looks and intelligence. The beautiful JENNA (Amanda Righetti) dreams of becoming an actress, and behind his cynicism, AARON (Dave Annable) dreams that his relationship with Jenna will go beyond friendship. CARLA (Chyler Leigh), innocent and quirky, must choose between loyalty to her father and staying near her best friends.

REUNION opens in the present day at the funeral of one of the friends, whose death is being investigated by DETECTIVE MARJORINO (Mathew St. Patrick). Before the identity of the deceased is revealed, we're transported back to 1986, as the group is celebrating their high school graduation.

The pilot episode follows all six through the summer of 1986, and we witness the formative events that alter their dreams and desires forever. Episode two finds the group a full year later, in 1987; episode three tells the story of a seminal event in 1988, and so on – culminating in the season finale as the friends celebrate their 20th high school reunion.

REUNION also will build toward answering two important questions raised in episode one: Which of the friends is dead? And who is responsible for that death?

Can We Trust Fox?

Author: drglenn-1 from United States
1 October 2006

So, Fox pulled the plug midway through a drama/mystery...

How lame is that? Do they expect us to invest our time in their new shows when there is a realistic risk of never finding out what happens? Why weren't the remaining, already filmed episodes aired in the US? They were broadcast elsewhere.

Hey, Fox! Are you listening? This was a great show, but you left us hanging. If you're going to introduce new drama/mysteries, at least air a conclusion before abruptly ending mid-theme. Every time something like this happens (and it seems to happen a lot with you - i.e., Fox), there are more of those who will "wait and see" before investing their time. This means you will see an artificially low interest share, and are more likely to end the series. See? It is a vicious cycle. Don't let us down again...

It is good

Author: Storywriter83 from United States
30 September 2005

I think it is a good show.It keeps me wondering every week at 10pm when the show ends who is dead and who killed them.Plus I hate having to wait the next week to see the next year and what happens in that year.Plus I am trying to find places I can find out who died before Episode 5.

I think the Actors and Actresses are pretty good.And it's not just Drama.It's Drama and Mystery in one.You watch what they went through after High School and you watch how much they change year by year and see they are kinda growing apart sort of and plus you wonder many things.

If people don't like it nobody is forcing them to watch they can watch something else or read a book.It'no loss to the show or it's viewers.

I love this show!!!!

Author: peacheskd from United Kingdom
10 September 2006

I really love this show, it's like reading a book and each chapter leaves you wanting more. It gets you thinking about what is going to happen in the next episode, and the struggle of trying to maintain their friendship throughout the years. After each episode ends it leaves a sweet bitter taste in your mouth knowing that: One - The show was good, you can't wait for the next episode and it really gets you thinking about what actually happens to the friends throughout the twenty years. And two - the fact that the show has been put "on hiatus" and we will not see the show finish in it's entirety. Fox obviously do not know what they have done, they claim that they are losing viewers in the 18 - 49 category they clearly do not know what people want to see if they got rid of a good show such as "Reunion". I have one query though that I would like to raise. If they were to bring the show back and it went on for another season how would it work since each episode is done in the period of a year and the story is based on what happens in the span of twenty years? Your answers are most welcome. Bring back Reunion! Bring back Reunion!

canceled???

Author: juli_uribe from United States
2 January 2006

I heard on the news that the show was canceled and the the end was never filmed.....i was wondering if this was true cause i love the series and i want to know obviously the ending!!! please answer me!!! I love the suspense in every episode and the further it goes the more secrets are either revealed or intensified...also the relation with the police man and the characters is it really important or was it just a small detailed? i was also wondering if there were any other news you've heard about the show cause I've become the top number one fan!!! i just cant miss a show because its just so interesting how they can put 20 years of everyones life in just 20 episodes...i hope anyone can answer me if the show is really being canceled...please answer as soon as you can!!! thank you!!!

Page 1 of 4:[1] [2] [3] [4] [Next]