IMDb > "Killer Instinct" (2005) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Killer Instinct" More at IMDbPro »

Page 2 of 2:[1] [2]

This show is about Jack Hale and Danielle Carter on the cases of the most deviant crimes in the SFPD

Author: lauren199206 from United Kingdom
8 June 2007

This show is fantastic it is better than all the CSI put together!!! it was canceled from channel five but it is BACK ON!!!!! YEY on Sundays at 11pm if anyone wants to know. I think Johnny Messner and Kristin Lehmans characters are the perfect match!!but Hale is still coping from the death of his partner but i love the flirting!!!. Well i think it should come out on DVD so all the killer instinct fans can watch it 24/7 which would be really mint my friends arnt really interested which i think sucks!! but me and my mum are. I missed the pilot and forget me not but i have watched the rest and i can watch them over and over again because this show does not get boring and i think everyone thinks so as well well i am off to WATCH IT KNOW!! bye

Pleasantly Dark

Author: notxman from United States
11 December 2005

The best thing I liked about Killer Instinct was its darkness, and is why I ditched ABC at 8:00PM Friday night. However, Johnny Messner can't act and seems to be too preoccupied about establishing and maintaining some macho image that is more harmful to him than beneficial because it's not genuine...it's pseudo, false, and whether or not he realizes this the tactic is weighing him down. Nonetheless, Kristen Lehman and Chi McBride seemed to always save the show which is what I found most intriguing because they were just enough of the spice to overlook Messner's flaws; not yet strong enough to be the lead. The important thing about acting is to depict someone other than the celebrity, but the most important aspect of acting is to be comfortable with the camera and/or the audience. I'd welcome the return of the show simply for its darkness, which is indicative of the dark side of reality.

very good show.

Author: stefan_tk from Sweden
12 June 2006

I feel really sorry that this program stopped so suddenly.

This program is from what everyone else says REALLY awesome and should have kept going, no one ever gave a good explanation to why they think it stopped.

Lack of class is to me lack of expression from your side "mercutio_41". If you can't tell me what was wrong with it, your comment is quite useless. But since u are still watching it i wont hold grudge against you ;)

Nevertheless; good show, get it back going and i will keep watching as i did from start.

Good plot. Interesting characters. From what i understand a lot of people liked the show. why would people go and trash talk such a show..? Oh yeah, a sentence comes to mind; "people with lower than average intellect."

Follow your own Instincts...Nothing new to see here (Minor spoilers but Nothing Crucial)

Author: Cold-Cock from United States
23 September 2005

Fox gives us Killer Instinct: a TV show which features some amazing twists we've never seen before: a male lead cop whose Mr. Lone Wolf in the field. The principal, I mean his lieutenant, airs his frustration at him playing cowboy but doesn't really try to reign him in. His hanger-on female partner does her best to give all that she's good for: following on the heels of Alpha Male's footsteps and tailing his car whenever he runs off to be Mr. Lone Wolf and catch the bad guy on his own.

The pilot showcases a twist we've never seen before: a serial killer who sexually assaults and murders women who are single and live in apartment complexes.

All in all Killer Instinct is just a few stock characters we've all seen on other more superior cop dramas thrown together by "deviant crimes" which is a cynical euphemism for Low-Budget Special Victim's Unit. In other words, Killer Instinct relies on the eye candy of snuff entertainment in order to hold onto what ratings it needs to stay on life support. Respectable cop shows have always had the common decency not to be so obvious in their glorifying sexual violence and victimization against helpless women, except in November, February and May.

FOX canceled The Inside: a well-written show about abnormal gruesome crimes featuring a frigid, wooden female lead...to replace it with a hackneyed, run-of-the-mill, white bread drama about abnormally gruesome crimes and a glazed-over lead-faced male lead.

Producer Instinct !

Author: ahmed elshikh (ahmed_abd_elreheem@yahoo.com) from Egypt
29 July 2007

I keep telling my self "it's just an era.. a fashion.. something will not last forever.. because you know.. God is so merciful.. The most merciful.. and all of those shows will go away soon and burn in hell !!"..

That's simply because the spreading of the forensic medicine's shows like a pestilence at all the channels to the extent that every single time I set to watch any one of them.. I found myself ready to throw up by their horrible scenes, bare violence and the stupid painful performance !! What did ever happen to the TV that I know, love and respect?!!, at the 1970s we had a lot of the detective shows (good and bad ones) and after that era ended all the people (mostly the next generation of viewers) said : HEY, that was corny !, then at the 1980s we had the melodramatic soap operas (high and low) and after that era ended another voices said : HEY, that was corny !?, my point here is; when will it be the time to witness the end of THAT disgusting era and had the opportunity to hear by my own ears a lot of people crying "We had enough.. That became corny.. So corny !".. Well.. It's coming undoubtedly and I pray for it.

All of that fuss is coming from that kind of producers whom want more money and the way to have it is by profiteering the success of whatever seems to have the best rating to milk it like a cow, so you'll have a lot of it even if it repeated itself so many times, along with cloning it also. And so the creativity became poor during the years with no enthusiasm for something new. Till that dumping, glutting and flooding drain all the good and bad ideas, and all the patience of the viewers too !

Of course I'm talking about a lot of shows but in particular (The X Files) which had the distinct preeminence and the huge successes all over the 1990s and I really love it .. But the producers perverted it utterly ! Firstly by the extension of it for more than its endurance (they continued it for 9 seasons which nearly 3 of them were unnecessary !!), and secondly they cloned it in so many forms using some of its private elements : one devoted male cop, one sincere female cop (not emotionally involved.. or that what seems !), one helpful superior, a lot of bizarre horrific crimes, abnormal killers, physical terror and using the forensic medicine to solve the cases, so without the science fiction factor nor the conspiracy theory then you'll have (Bones) or (Killer Instinct), because those elements made another, not so far, formula : The forensic show!, hence no wonder when you find half of (Killer Instinct)'s producers worked in (The X Files) before, using the very same elements to attract the audience to watch what's assured and contented for them (as producers !), therefore we've got at least a dozen of THAT kind which became too repulsive to watch and too boring to stand.

OH GOD.. That was my comment after (Killer Instinct)'s promo.. It's another corpses, psycho serial killers, nasty bloody series. But after watching the episodes I must admit, the writing was above mediocre and the mysteries were good yet unlike everything else such as the acting which was so poor : (Johnny Messner) is overacted (remember the scene when he met his father), I think he can be used in the movies trailers.. He got the right VOICE to do such a work. (Kristin Lehman) there is no new nothing about her personality so her performance. And as for (Chi McBride) let me tell you.. He is doing all of what he already did in (Boston Public) with the very same sad presence, the very same upset face and the very same baldness (every time I saw his bald head I fight this desire to grow a plant there !?).

And that laughable direction with all the too many sudden zoom-ins ! Like it's an old movie from Hong Kong or something ??, plus that strange opening credits which present the heroes themselves like there are the actual killers !!

Who's to blame ?.. I think the producers firstly and mainly. So it's not killer instinct, No my dear friends.. It's producer instinct which made such a repeated unoriginal show to have it canceled after 9 episodes !.. However the other analogous CRIMES are still on.. and THAT instinct is still loose.

Page 2 of 2:[1] [2]