IMDb > "Everybody Hates Chris" (2005) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Page 4 of 6: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [Next]

Brilliant Show

Author: Katey Rudinskiy from Israel
25 February 2014

I have just finished watching the 4 seasons of Everybody Hates Chris. Let me say, every episode is extremely funny and outstandingly entertaining! Why you ask. Because, the entire cast and guest actors are extraordinarily talented with sharp comic skills; and the directing, the script and Chris Rock narration, just excellent! It is sad that there are only 4 seasons, but 4 seasons of pure entertainment. The show also does a sentimental approach but always remains entertaining and funny. It is vivid that all the actors appearing on the show take their role extremely seriously. Also, I have to emphasize the facial expressions of the stars on the show are so funny! And also Mr. Omar's : "Tragic, Tragic" phrase makes you laugh so hard each time he says these two words.

clever title

Author: Sumedha Mane from Europe
6 May 2009

I think that is a clever title for a comment. Now I find the name of the program "Everybody hates Chris" really funny! I mean the comment entitled that asks whether it is a parody of "Everybody Loves Raymond". I was wondering why the show was called that since it is a comedy show, I expected some sort of funny title-now finally I get it..I think? I'm quite enjoying the show at the moment. I love the relationship between Chris and his friend at school, and all the 80's nostalgia. Really takes me back. It doesn't seem like long ago at all-perhaps it is a long time for younger people! I liked the Prince costume episode where Chris went to his first party for Halloween. 13 is a strange age isn't it? You're not a baby anymore, or at least you don't think you are, but you're still a school kid. I wonder how long the series will go on for-if like "The Wonder Years", we will see what happened to Chris when he got further into his teens. That would be interesting I think.

Chris Rock is funny even when he doesn't appear...

Author: Caio Coletti from Brazil
25 August 2008

One of the greatest humorists today, Chris Rock is grantee of great comedies even when he's just producer or, like in this case, a character.

"Everybody Hates Chris" is an acid comedy that plays with teenagers and family relationships, all with elegance and intelligent jokes. That's clearly the mark of Chris...

Anyway, the show tells the story of Chris (Tyles James Williams), a 12-16 (according to the season) boy who lives in Bedstie with his family: the scandalous mother Rochelle (Tichina Arnold), the hard-working father Julius (Terry Crews), younger brother Drew (Tequan Richmond) and annoying sister Tanya (Imani Hakim). He studies in a "white" school, and have to deal with Caruso (Trevis T. Flory), a boy who has a compulsion for beating young boys. His only friend is Greg (Vincent Martella) a trekker nerd.

Various situations come out on this plot, almost all of them creative and very funny, in his peculiar way. A show to be seen, be laughed, but maybe, to be forgotten. Unfortunelly.

One of the Best Shows on Television

Author: (sylviastel@aol.com) from United States
16 June 2008

Chris Rock revisits his childhood in the tough part of Brooklyn, New York with Tichina Arnold playing mom. Chris Rock narrates each episode with a great cast including the child actor who plays him. The show is set in the 1980s Brooklyn before gentrification took over the borough. Chris Rock has some memorable stories about growing up like his job at a local convenient store where he discovers the minimum wage is $3.35 and his boss is only paying him $3 per hour to work in the store. He claims that he can't afford the minimum wage so Chris gives an ultimatum. So he loses his job but he does have thoughts about striking and protesting the store owner. There was another episode where he and his brother went to see Wayne Gretzky out on Long Island which was pretty good. This show is an excellent comedy in times when we need to laugh more than ever.

I Love Chris!!

Author: cute-kid-10 from United Kingdom
8 March 2008

I think that Everybody Hates Chris is a very funny and awesome show!! It is exactly what TV needs nowadays and I'm glad i gave this show a chance!! When it first came out, I thought it was just going to be another stupid unfunny show, so i didn't tune in. One day, nothing was on the TV and i just tuned in, i am so glad i did!! I don't know what i would do if this show never came on air!! Everyone i know likes this show, lots of people talk about it at school. It is really funny and i think if you haven't watched it, you really should because you definitely wont regret it. I still haven't regretted it and i have been watching it for a long, long time and i wont give up on it. I so hope they don't cancel the show!

Ms. Morello Rules

Author: chicoandtheman2001 from Englewood, NJ
10 January 2007

I think the actress who plays Chris' teacher is really under-utilized, although I applaud the show for portraying such an original character, one who means well and isn't the cardboard-cut out of some lame cracker teacher. It's hard to bring out comedy in a small part, but she's done it. I haven't seen a character like that in a school comedy since the legendary Mr. Woodman. If I had a teacher like her in grade school, maybe I wouldn't still get cold shivers when asked to do simple math equations. I would like to see this actress in other rolls, or a larger one on the show -- say, a Vice Principal like Woodman in the new school. I hope they find a way to keep her in the cast.

Realli nice show

Author: eskhaleed from Nigeria
17 December 2006

Hey Chris Rock am a big fan of you and so many of your shows, but this one especially 'everybody hates Chris', and whenever i watch your show i feel kinda optimistic bout many things that will reflect my life............., but i always ask too many questions in my head like will Chris grow? will he have a girlfriend(though i definitely know he will, just eager to see it lol)? and will he stand up for the big bully in his school? Anyway am too curious and i think i ask too many question, its a really show and all the cast fits too, another cast i really like are the young thugs across the streets that always dun remember Chris's name, always calling him "lil dude across the street lol" keep it real and wish you and your show a long life and prosperity too.

I can't believe the Emmys snubbed this show!

Author: careyzur from United States
26 August 2006

I watched every episode of Everybody Hates Chris during its first season. The show and cast are wonderful. I am so disappointed this show was not nominated for an Emmy. T'china Arnold, especially, deserves best actress for her work. The Man with the Golden Arm has nothing on mama's sugar withdrawal. You can't put a price on this character's sacrifice giving up chocolate turtles to cut expenses for the family. Her portrayal was outstanding. The whole series has been great family entertainment, important values displayed each episode and, thankfully, very light on the schmaltz. I hope UPN continues to realize the gem they have here, even if Hollywood has overlooked its sparkling appeal.

Everybody loves Chris

Author: wijibaby23 from United States
8 May 2006

Chris hit the spot with this one. It is funny and has a great cast. I can really relate to the show. I love to watch it and hate when i miss it. Too bad i don't have a VCR but i will by the DVD of the first season when it comes out. The cast has great chemistry. Chris captures the 70's, I feel like i'm getting a real glimpse at how black folks lived. I'm 27, so i barely made it in the 70's or remember anything. If any one hasn't seen this show, I recommend it. Chris Rock is a pure genius. There are not many shows now a days that have a person run home or asked to be woken up to see it. I also love those back to back episodes because i just can't get enough. This show is a show that disappoints you because it's only 30 minutes long. I love Chris.

This Show Is The Absolute Greatest!!

Author: princessldybg91 from United States
1 April 2006

When I first watched the debut episode of "Everybody Hates Chris", it was really cool. At first, I wasn't sure if the show would be a big hit. but now it is. All the kid actors are really good. Imani Hakim does a great job playing Chris' spoiled little sister, Tayna, Tequan Richmond also does an excellent job as Chris' brother, Drew, Vincent Martella does a great job playing Chris' best friend, Greg. And especially Tyler James Williams, who plays the main character, Chris.

This show is totally cool. I hope that this show comes out on DVD by the end of the first season. It would be really cool for this show to be on DVD and be renewed for a new season.

Page 4 of 6: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [Next]