IMDb > "Alejo y Valentina" (2002) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Alejo y Valentina" More at IMDbPro »

More spoilers (Jojoooojo)

Author: Federico ehhh no me acuerdo from Argentina
1 August 2006

Hello!! I think that the commentary above is in certain way very amusing but the spoilers are not really spoilers. They just warn against certain type of humor that US residents may not understand. I wont give a description of what i think it's a spoiler. I don't want to argue so peace, it's just an opinion. Here you got some things i'm sure you didn't know about Alejo y Valentina:

- "El viejo del baston" (old man with the stick)is virgin but he actually maintains relationships with "la vieja" in the fifth chapter(who is also a virgin).Therefore from this point forwards both of them are no more virgin.

-If you look well in the second chapter (MC KING) the guy of MC king picks up crap from the cows to make the burgers this is probably a critic to MC DONALDS and it's hamburgers supposed to bring dangerous diseases for the people who eat them.

-if you pay attention, in the main page below the menu section it's the guy of back to the future doing strange things if you click it you will enter to a secret section called "delitos" (crimes) where "el loco" (alejandro syzkula)names one by one all the jokes he stole from other people and that he put into "alejo y Valentina"'S chapters.

Hope you enjoyed it be well

*no smoking*

Absurd Humor takes over

Author: thelatinronin from Argentina
16 July 2006

First of all, let me warn you I have been an Alejo y Valentina fan for a long time, so this comment is fully partial. Alejo y Valentina, as stated in the plot summary, is a series of flash animated chapters of crazy, absurd events dealing with a young couple living in Buenos Aires. This animated story will parody several movies like "Back to the future", "The Matrix", "Star Wars", "Independence Day", "It" in such an absurd and comical way you will literally fall of your chair from laughter. (There are so many movie references that it's impossible for me to drip them all in here). Unfortunately, no English subtitles are still available for this Flash Animated series, so you need to sharpen your Spanish understanding capabilities or, such as my case, live in a Spanish speaking country. It creator, Alejandro Szykula, have repeatedly stated he never took any flash animation courses and he has mostly done everything just by himself (including most of the voice impersonations and characterizations). Taking this into account, I would say this is a very impressive work to be done for almost only one person. It's humor is so absurd that I'll need give you some examples of what you would be able to see just for you to get an idea. (SPOILERS COMING)

1) One of the main characters is always able to "float" at will (Carlitos) 2) The main characters always have sexual relations with their clothes on. The reason for it lies in them learning to do it watching a sex scene on TV where people were on the shower, so they thought they where naked just because of that. 3) There's is a 70 year old very horny virgin guy as one of the main characters (El Viejo) 4) Buildings tend to explode all of a sudden to finish chapters quickly. 5) When the main characters speak, they always seem to be just about to have a seizure.

It's creator has recently signed contract with MTV Latin America, so we can hope to see a lot more about this overwhelmingly funny piece of work in the nearest future. Be prepared for Alejo y Valentina to take over MTV's Audience.