Earl is a low-life who buys a winning lottery ticket, only to get hit by a car, losing the ticket in the process. He then realizes in the hospital that his bad luck is the result of karma in which fate punishes him for all the rotten things he's ever done in his life; therefore, he then decides to dedicate his life to making amends to all the people he has hurt in his life. Written by
You know when you do something stupid and you realize your life sucks? Well, that's me! My Name Is Earl!
See more »
Did You Know?
The items in Earl's list shown during the opening sequence read as follows:
- 56: Stole Liquor from Liquor store
- 57: Told Joy Dan Dodd messed himself on the (rest cut out of frame)
- 58: Fixed a high school football game
- 59: Everything I did to Dad
- 60: Pulled fire alarm
- 61: Stole Mom's car (but I gave it back)
- 62: Faked death to break up with a girl
- 63: Wasted electricity
- 64: Spray Painted The bridge
- 65: Cost Dad the election
- 66: Let mice out at school play
- 67: Stole beer from a golfer
- 68: Blew up mailboxes
- 69: Cheated on School tests a lot
When Joy is shown counterfeiting 20's in 1996, they are the bills that were redesigned in 2004. See more
[title sequence voiceover
You know the kind of guy who does nothing but bad things, and then wonders why his life sucks? Well... that was me. Every time something good happened to me, something bad was always waiting around the corner. Karma. That's when I realised I had to change. So, I made a list of everything bad I've ever done and, one by one I'm going to make up for all my mistakes. I'm just trying to be a better person. My name is Earl.
The "Amigos de Garcia" production company card in the closing credits features a different friend of Executive Producer 'Gregory Thomas Garcia' every week. See more