Earl is a low-life who buys a winning lottery ticket, only to get hit by a car, losing the ticket in the process. He then realizes in the hospital that his bad luck is the result of karma in which fate punishes him for all the rotten things he's ever done in his life; therefore, he then decides to dedicate his life to making amends to all the people he has hurt in his life. Written by
Karma is a funny thing!
See more »
Did You Know?
The items in Earl's list shown during the opening sequence read as follows:
- 56: Stole Liquor from Liquor store
- 57: Told Joy Dan Dodd messed himself on the (rest cut out of frame)
- 58: Fixed a high school football game
- 59: Everything I did to Dad
- 60: Pulled fire alarm
- 61: Stole Mom's car (but I gave it back)
- 62: Faked death to break up with a girl
- 63: Wasted electricity
- 64: Spray Painted The bridge
- 65: Cost Dad the election
- 66: Let mice out at school play
- 67: Stole beer from a golfer
- 68: Blew up mailboxes
- 69: Cheated on School tests a lot
In the scenes where pregnant "Joy" is in the shower, the body double is wearing flesh colored panties, just barely visible at the bottom of the screen. This goof is likely not visible on CRT televisions that over-scan. See more
Is his sister getting married? Is she? Cause if she didn't ask me to be a bridesmaid I swear to God, I will march down to that Club Chubby and wrap her neck around that pole!
The "Amigos de Garcia" production company card in the closing credits features a different friend of Executive Producer 'Gregory Thomas Garcia' every week. See more
Referenced in Go On: Win at All Costas