IMDb > "E-Ring" (2005) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"E-Ring"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"E-Ring" More at IMDbPro »

Page 4 of 4: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4]

OK...but the producers need to do some research...

Author: minerva95825 from United States
22 September 2005

Overall, I enjoyed the show but the nomenclature got on my nerves. The producers need to research and use the correct terms. Boskowitz was not an "agent". In the intelligence world, an "agent" is a foreign national who provides information to the agency. Boskowitz is a CIA officer. CIA employees take an oath of office. The Chinese "asset" was not an "asset". She was an "agent", a foreign national who provided intelligence. Aside from making all the CIA characters look like bumbling careerist fools, the show was pretty good but, please, use the right names for people, positions and things! It ruins the authenticity of the show when these details are not correct. I'll look forward to future shows.

Love it, but Kelly Rutherford has to go

Author: KRican from United States
9 November 2005

So I just finished watching my first episode of E-Ring. Honestly I love Benjamin Bratt as an actor and he is so incredibly sexy in his roll of Maj. Jim Tisnewski without coming off as overly macho or cocky. OK my hormones aside, the show is well written and extremely well acted (for the most part). I was riveted to the story from beginning to end and actually was as emotionally caught up as I would be in a good movie.

HOWEVER, Kelly Rutherford is so unbelievably bad that its jarring. Every scene she appeared in, I was immediately shot back to reality ... "Oh right, they're acting, it's only a TV show." She was awful in Melrose Place, but, since this roll requires less emotional depth since her character is a pragmatic professional, I watched objectively. The dialog written for her character of Samantha Liston is awesome. Long, arduous-sounding words with a rapid-fire delivery that a Diane March (A.D.A. Alexandra Cabot, Law & Order: SVU 2000-2003) type (or preferably, Ms. March herself) would have sailed through beautifully.

The rest of the cast is fantastic and overall it is an excellent show. Definitely give it a look.

Terrible and Unbelievable.. and I KNOW

Author: graelson from United States
26 October 2005

As a former Enlisted admin assistant to J-3 Special Ops Division on the Joint Staff (the same position as portrayed by the female Marine Gunnery Sergeant on the show) I can tell you that this show is the epitome of Hollywood fake.

First and foremost, NO O-4 (Army Major) has THAT much power and pull in the Pentagon. As for the rest of the show, the plot lines and overly dramatic tones are ultra-fiction at best. Also, the Colonel isn't even Army Special Forces (As every J-3 SOD commander is). Where are the green berets?

Lastly, it's not even that entertaining.... I'd rather watch JAG.

Bunch of Macho Flubber

Author: Darryl from Seoul, South Korea
22 September 2005

I watched the premiere last night. I found it a very macho show, with Bratt strutting around with the built body, bedding the girl, and strutting around the pentagon with an arrogant smirk that he is Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.. Let any new officer would be stupid enough to insult an under secretary and have a career to worry about afterwards. Seriously need to tone this show down, and lose the smirk and cockiness Bratt, this is not the gym. It can be witty and serious as well, but that constant arrogant smirk makes the show too smug for my liking, and I was waiting for this show too. Tone it down, get a leash on that boy, and it could be as good as the West Wing.

Accuracy?

Author: AF_COP@yahoo.com from United States
12 October 2005

Just saw the latest episode and once again attention to detail goes out the window. The Commando Solo is not an AWACS but an EC-130J airframe. Can't wait for this show to be canceled. I think what this show needs is people who know what they are talking about and not ideas based on speculation. From the first episode it ticked me off. A major doing what Bratt was doing would be jacked up from the get go. Majors might give opinions but they sure as heck do not make policy or do things on their own. In the first episode if that major approached me like that when he came to the police officer at the entrance (yes they are police) I would have had him in handcuffs right quick.

E-Ring

Author: Deltfsu22 from United States
22 September 2005

I caught a few minutes of this show last night and thought it was absolutely horrible. The acting was atrocious and the graphics were even worse. To be completely honest it looked like a very cheap movie where the scenes and scenarios were extremely unrealistic and put together with an overhead projector, they definitely weren't using technology from as early as 2000 to make the graphics. What caught me by even more surprise was to see who produced this show as the credits rolled. I could not believe I saw Jerry Bruckheimer was behind this show, usually his movies are great, but this was flat out terrible. My guess is he is the only reason that Dennis Hopper and Benjamin Bratt agreed to be in this show, without Jerry they may never have signed off on this script.

Wow, just wow this was awful and I only saw the last 10 minutes, there is no way I could have watched the whole thing. The cast of military actors you see in the end should be ashamed of their talents as the celebration in the end looked like something out of Hot Shots Part 1 and Duex.

Page 4 of 4: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4]