IMDb > "E-Ring" (2005) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Page 3 of 4: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [Next]

E-Ring - Uniform Error - Marine MSGT

Author: Doug Jennings from United States
10 November 2005

Please fix the collar insignia on the Master Sergeant working for the Colonel. As a former Marine it just gets to me. The EGA (Eagle, Globe, and Anchor's)on the lapels of all Marine uniforms are always affixed to the lapels with the Anchors pointed INBOARD. Toward the center of the uniform blouse. I Like the show - Have a little trouble with Dennis Hopper as a Army officer, but he carries it off well. Great actor. So Far.... pretty good plot lines. I like the continuing episodes with a building story line and chacters. Don't forget "FIX" the MSGT's Uniform!! Thanks

Doug Jennings Jacksonville, Fl

Detail

Author: ironteacher from Italy
15 October 2006

This is an excellent show but they should pay more attention to detail. The episode about catching chemical warfare terrorists in Amsterdam London Washington etc. had two basic mistakes One: Kings Crossing station does not exist in London it's King's Cross Two: English policemen have not had whistles since the '60s they have radios on their left shoulders.

I would have thought they could spend a little money on these details as they make you think that other things in the show are not quite as accurate as they should be. Surely they should employ someone to check these small details especially about foreign countries when they show is shown in these countries.

These people are just TOO unrealistic

Author: madisonwisconsinite from Wisconsin USA
7 December 2005

MSgt Jocelyn Pierce (E8) is portrayed by Aunjanue Ellis, who was born 21 Feb 1969. There certainly were no 36-year-old master sergeants in the USMC when I served. I recall a black Gunnery Sergeant, but he was 42.

Benjamin Bratt is six years older than Aunjanue, born 16 Dec 1963 but he is only a Major which is an O4. At the age of 42, he ought to be at least a LtCol, especially since he is such "hot stuff" to be a part of the team he is on.

Dennis Hopper was born 17 May 1936 and in spite of being 27 years older than Bratt's character, he is only TWO ranks higher than Bratt's Major Tisnewski. Aged nearly 70 years, he is doubtless older than the overwhelming majority of "real" active duty service personnel, and CERTAINLY too old to be a mere active duty colonel. He has had 50 years of adult life to serve in the military, and they just would NOT keep him if he could not have made it to the flag officer ranks (Generals, who wear stars, are referred to as flag officers) by that time. I knew a Marine LtCol who was promoted to Colonel at the age of 45, and he was an average guy. Colonel Eli McNulty is working in a place for the best the military has to offer, and should not be portrayed by an old man - no offense to Mr Hopper.

I saw a character tonight who was wearing a Joint Chiefs of Staff badge in the wrong place on her uniform. Well, maybe they've had a bizarre change of mind since I served the Joint Chiefs, but I doubt it; the badge should have been worn over a breast pocket, but was above all of the service member's personal awards.

They just have not done their homework to make this series a realistic one, and frankly, I find it offensive to myself as a veteran, and to our current service personnel, that actors are portraying us who really don't do us justice. My money says that the only black female master sergeant aged 36 in the history of the Marine Corps is a woman on television. Now mind you, I don't suggest that I personally believe that that is how is _should_ be, I'm just saying that that is how it is. I would really appreciate a little more realism and believability in my television viewing. When I want fictitious blahblah programming, I can watch cartoons.

Great show

Author: Ardy G from United States
16 November 2005

I love this show, it's entertaining and kinda sticks a little bit to the reality of the real world. The only military show TV had in the past recent years was JAG on CBS, which was not even close to the actual reality of the military and what happens in it. E-rings stars are veteran stars with many years of acting under there belts. I hope the audience pick up on it, because most people change the channel when they see people in uniform. There is a little bit of romance flowing in the hallways of the Pentagon between the Major and the attorney, and that is just enough to keep it interesting. I really don't have much else to add, but the program requires me to input ten lines before I can submit my comment. I think I made it.

Great Show....Now they'll probably cancel it.

Author: dniezby from United States
10 November 2005

I love this show. Sorry to those that feel the same. It seems that every show I love they cancel.

Like "Over There" on FX. Though the advantage this show has over "Over There" is that they seem to have the networks support. NBC, seems to actually give shows a shot.

Could you imagine if they didn't give Seinfeld the chance? It had some really lack-luster ratings for three years and then look what happened.

Thankfully, E-Ring doesn't seem to have this problem and people will soon start to find the show.

For those with the earlier comments about realism and lingo...Come on. It's a TV Show and it's designed to be entertaining not realistic. Even true stories add fluff to build up the drama and energy.

Just sit back and enjoy.

Music

Author: slhook from United States
18 January 2006

I really do like this show but is there any way they can tone down the music? It overwhelms what the actors are saying and sometime I feel as though I am missing something important. Turning the volume up doesn't help because the music rises accordingly. Many of my friends have complained of the same thing. It is so frustrating at times that I've even skipped an episode or two. If it continues I'll probably stop watching altogether and that would be a shame. Please regulate the background soundtracks so that we can enjoy it even more. This is the only show that I watch that I have this problem with so I know it is possible.

Desperately Trying to Hear.

Ignorant fools

Author: dvuckovic from Serbia, Nis
19 April 2006

OK. The people could ask if there is someone inside movie industry that actually read history books. What a hack was that? You don't use something until you check all the facts. It is offensive when someone uses the name of your nation in any contest he or she likes. Equaling Serbs with Kurds and Palestinians?! Never checking that Serbs does "not want" but already have their country for centuries now. Respect to US Special ops, but come on. That kind of ignorance helped us lend F-117 in a middle of corn field. Remember Americans! You are living in a World not in America. Course, I only think about people that write this kind of cr**, not about all those wonderful people out there that know the difference between Asia and middle of Europe. Respect to Americans, Kurds and Palestinians!

OK...but the producers need to do some research...

Author: minerva95825 from United States
22 September 2005

Overall, I enjoyed the show but the nomenclature got on my nerves. The producers need to research and use the correct terms. Boskowitz was not an "agent". In the intelligence world, an "agent" is a foreign national who provides information to the agency. Boskowitz is a CIA officer. CIA employees take an oath of office. The Chinese "asset" was not an "asset". She was an "agent", a foreign national who provided intelligence. Aside from making all the CIA characters look like bumbling careerist fools, the show was pretty good but, please, use the right names for people, positions and things! It ruins the authenticity of the show when these details are not correct. I'll look forward to future shows.

Love it, but Kelly Rutherford has to go

Author: KRican from United States
9 November 2005

So I just finished watching my first episode of E-Ring. Honestly I love Benjamin Bratt as an actor and he is so incredibly sexy in his roll of Maj. Jim Tisnewski without coming off as overly macho or cocky. OK my hormones aside, the show is well written and extremely well acted (for the most part). I was riveted to the story from beginning to end and actually was as emotionally caught up as I would be in a good movie.

HOWEVER, Kelly Rutherford is so unbelievably bad that its jarring. Every scene she appeared in, I was immediately shot back to reality ... "Oh right, they're acting, it's only a TV show." She was awful in Melrose Place, but, since this roll requires less emotional depth since her character is a pragmatic professional, I watched objectively. The dialog written for her character of Samantha Liston is awesome. Long, arduous-sounding words with a rapid-fire delivery that a Diane March (A.D.A. Alexandra Cabot, Law & Order: SVU 2000-2003) type (or preferably, Ms. March herself) would have sailed through beautifully.

The rest of the cast is fantastic and overall it is an excellent show. Definitely give it a look.

Terrible and Unbelievable.. and I KNOW

Author: graelson from United States
26 October 2005

As a former Enlisted admin assistant to J-3 Special Ops Division on the Joint Staff (the same position as portrayed by the female Marine Gunnery Sergeant on the show) I can tell you that this show is the epitome of Hollywood fake.

First and foremost, NO O-4 (Army Major) has THAT much power and pull in the Pentagon. As for the rest of the show, the plot lines and overly dramatic tones are ultra-fiction at best. Also, the Colonel isn't even Army Special Forces (As every J-3 SOD commander is). Where are the green berets?

Lastly, it's not even that entertaining.... I'd rather watch JAG.

Page 3 of 4: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [Next]