IMDb > "Star Wars: The Clone Wars" (2008) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Star Wars: The Clone Wars"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"Star Wars: The Clone Wars" More at IMDbPro »

Page 5 of 7: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [Next]

Not bad

Author: markostrljic
4 July 2011

I'm a big star wars fan so i wanted to check this series. I could tell that it' pretty good. I mean of course i find droids conversations ridiculous, and immortality of few jedi's but in the end it's show for kids, so i guess it must be done that way. Personally the best thing in show are characters. Now we can see the wisdom of yoda (not in movies where he was just an action figure) and other jedi's, they finally introduce us with characters in SW prequels and show us they development. There are lot bad and good things about this show,there is no point of writing them all here. Just watch it by yourselves and then you will decide if it's a good or a bad show.

Truly one of the best Animated Series ever

Author: cdietz94-667-599244 from United States
12 February 2011

I just wanted to say, I do love Gendy T's series, but it in comparison to this one it falls a little flat, but I still love it. This series has introduced some characters that have quickly became some of my favorites. Such as Captain Rex, an epic Clone Trooper at Anakin's side, Savage Oppress, the ruthless brother of the infamous Darth Maul, Cad Bane, a bounty hunter who is so badass, he doesn't need a theme song like Darth Vader.

As I write this we are almost done with season 3 (Secrets Revealed) and while the first half was alright, the second half is astoundingly excellent. My favorite episodes are currently Rookies, Hostage Crisis, Witches of the Mist, ARC Troopers, and the entire Geonosis Arc.

EDIT 2012 We are halfway through season 4 now, and the most recent episode of the show A Friend in Need was fantastic. Episodes such as the Citadel Trilogy, The Padawan two parter, the mon cala trilogy, the umbara four parter, and a friend in need are among my favorite episodes.

This is almost my favorite show ever.

It's truly a great series, and it will be sad to see it go.

As a time goes by it gets better

Author: jebaczelenekadulje from Croatia
4 April 2010

Firs I was disappointed, but as a series goes by it gets better and better, or to say darker and darker. It is Star Wars for masses and young's, so some compromise has to bi done. Characters in the beginning where a little bit shallow but they evolve and develop, and also a connection between them grow deeper and deeper, new world emerge and some new location too, old repeat too, but wot would be Star Wars without all known places like Dantooine, Coruscant and other known worlds :-). Perhaps the villains may be a less shallow, but they are expendable so perhaps that is a reason why the authors did not lose to much time on building a deeper characters, but who knows may bi they will. To sum it all together, I like it now and hope to like ti to the end.

A time absorber for Star Wars nuts

Author: kdubs-3 from United Kingdom
7 May 2009

I've been an avid fan of the Star Wars world since the beginning so on hearing (many moons ago) that there was going to be a TV series slotted between episodes 5 and 6, I was rather eager. I was surprised to hear that the 2003 cartoon releases were to be remade. They provided interesting tie-ins (to note: Mace Windu force-crushing General Grevious's chest causing his asthmatic wheezing from then on - not shown in new series). And so came the Clone Wars Movie. My initial disappointment started with the re-scored John Williams music - disastrous decision which made this avid fan rather sceptical for the duration of the movie. Hands up, I was expecting a rather more adult approach to the fill-in movie but I had to remember that I was ten when episode 4 was released so it's fair to say that there are a few younger fans out there too. Obviously I was so disappointed that I immediately bought the Blu-Ray on its release and have viewed it several times since. And so to the series: the critics were right... the movie IS a pilot for the TV series, no doubt. Finally managed to watch a couple of episodes on Cartoon Network and was very impressed. Last weekend I managed to subject my partner to 12 episodes as Cartoon Network transmitted a marathon day last Monday and I have to say - it's compelling viewing. You can watch an episode without having had to have watched the previous one but there is a continuity if you've some 6 hours to spare! Yup, Jar Jar Binks is still sadly there and as pointless as ever but the Clone characters have developed individually as has the relationship with "Snips" and Anakin (Snips does remind me of my teenage daughter with her back-chat! slightly annoying). The space battle scenes are quite frankly amazing. It would appear that each episode/group of episodes has a subliminal life-lesson buried in it but that's not always a bad thing... right kids? I'm uncertain how many episodes have been made but I'm sure they will continue - here's hoping. As for the DVD/Blu-Ray release: Only FOUR episodes per disc - oh come on Uncle George! To summarise: I was initially disappointed but the series has really grown on me. Consistent quality visuals with entertaining story lines are highly recommended viewing. Enjoy!

This is not the movie! Yes!

Author: gabrielmatosm from Venezuela
12 October 2008

Well, I'm a super Star Wars fan, but I'll be frank. I was very disappointed by the movie, much because I was expecting another epic Star Wars movie and also because of the acting... It was really annoying, especially Ashoka and the droids...

But now... Well, now it's different! OK, the battle droids are the same, but everything else has improved. The first two chapters are really good. We see real Jedi in action. First, Yoda (no more comments required) and then Plo Koon! He had never done anything before so he's very welcome.

I even want these chapters to be movie long! I hope to see more Jedis in action in the next installments and to keep up with the action! The Force is with this series!

Absolutely wonderful show!

Author: andcasso-nielsen from Denmark
25 January 2009

So we're finally going to see the clone wars. One of the funny things about the six Star Wars movies is that you actually don't see too much of the front line action of neither wars. Revenge of the Sith was the only movie to show us anything from the front lines and of the clone wars. But now we have a brand new show and its actually really good.

The story is exciting, and it is nice to see, that every episode isn't necessarily about Anakin Skywalker and/or Obi-Wan Kenobi. Many characters new and old has their moments in the sun.

It is also great to see how the series expands the universe. Unlike its cartoon predecessor it feels like the show is more connected to the movies. General Grievous doesn't jump around like Yoda on speed and Anakin isn't behaving like a moody teenager.

Credits to the writers. Im also very pleased with the animation which is probably the best seen on TV to date. The voice actors does a great job and the show is believable. Great stuff. Looking forward to see more episodes and seasons.

Boring Kids Show With Poor Plots

Author: Cristofer Pope
9 September 2014

Being a Star Wars fan myself, I was curious about this "Clone Wars" series. After watching the trailer, it looked really promising and I was very much looking forward to delving into the Clone Wars. However, I was sorely disappointed after my high hopes... moreover, this is more of a kids show.

The graphics are great in my opinion, but the plots are simply so dry, cheesy, and cliché - lacking substance and suspense. For instance, there is an episode where drones are sent to attack Yoda. Instead of Yoda developing a unique strategy that keeps you on the edge of your seat, he arrogantly begins meditating in front of the small army, whips out his light-saber at last second, and simply whoops them all. End of the episode after that. I was hoping for Yoda to actually be challenged, for something to go wrong, for him and his troops to discover a last-minute strategy, etc. Instead it was just really straightforward and cheesy. After watching 5 episodes, I could conclude with nothing else except that it is too boring for me. Also, Anakin's Padawan Ahsoka is a really annoying character in this show!

Kids may think this show is cool, but adults with a taste for decent story-writing will know this show sucks for the adult world. Trust me, this show is really boring - even for Star Wars fans. On the bright side, it is Star Wars, the graphics are good, and it is family-friendly. It's not terrible, but it's also not any good. On a a letter-grade scale, I'd give it a C-.

Star Wars fans, for Yoda's sake, think!

Author: somzer
20 November 2014

This is NOT Star Wars. This is something hideous in a Star Wars skin. A space opera, that's what Star Wars is. This? This is but a kids' cartoon, with silly expressions and the power of friendship and space magic and ****. Oh but if only that was the case...

If you want to see some lazershootingz and lazerswordz and cool Jidai win against the great evil bent on making the lives of others as miserable as it could possibly be, please, by all means it's for you!

But if you are a little more interested in Star Wars, ever wondered about the lives of your favorite characters outside the movies or ever wondered what other tales this universe has to offer, then DO NOT WATCH this show.

Clones don't have personalities, Mandalorian isn't a race, were never peaceful and certainly never had a queen, and what's with this 'living embodiments of each side of the Force'? On a planet undetectable, outside of space and time! Yay how cool! And the chosen one HAS to keep them in check, otherwise they turn into fluffy animals of the Force. Yep, shooting lightning and throwing around spaceships are mere tricks compared to this space magic! The "perfect soldiers" aka the clones (!!!) have a hard time hitting anything (let alone the CIS droids), but then only a handful survives and they magically happen to hit everything. Surprise! They and the droids speak (but mostly whine and whine) way too much. But dontcha worry, most characters are plain stupid in general!

It is episodic, irrelevant to any major event or the outcome of the war, with moral-of-the-week plots (which are more than predictable), taking the whole war like a light adventure full of excitement and fun.

If the purpose of this show was to turn everything that is Star Wars upside down, well then, they did a magnificent work.

Good for those who don't know Star Wars that well

Author: AdidasLoyalty from Ohio
21 February 2012

It's not a bad show, it's just for hardcore Star Wars fans it ruins everything. It seems like George Lucas just gave the writers to do whatever they want. Now all of a sudden what we know about Darth Maul is not true. Their wily nilly attitude about the Star Wars Universe have caused the greatest SW writer Karen Traviss to stop writing probably one of the best series in the Republic Commando. Her take on the Mandalorians (Boba Fett's people for those who don't know) is so much better than the Clone Wars version. Plus she actually got information from a actual sniper in the U.S. military for input and created a character after him.

Above average...

Author: God Zamiel from Portugal
12 May 2009

The animation is maybe the best out there... for a cartoon TV show. I was impressed that some of the episodes brought back the essence of the old movies, like the first episode, where we got to see the old Yoda that we love, wise but also funny a thing we didn't saw in the new trilogy, where he was always so grim. Another good surprise was Plo koon that showed us that a Jedi is not just about waving around his light-saber, he has a soul and something meaningful to say. The storm troopers look and act really cool as we saw on episode 5 they could fill in for the main character anytime that she show wouldn't lose interest. In the down side we have Ahsoka; I know she's still a padawan but she has no Jedi mentality and just doesn't respect the older jedis. The action is dynamic and exiting, sometimes the only thing that cares the weaker storyline episodes (that are in great number in this show). The droids are maybe a little to stupid… Overall the show is entertaining and worth watching.

Page 5 of 7: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [Next]