IMDb > The Triangle (1912/I) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

The Triangle More at IMDbPro »

We are wondering how it is going to solve the problem

Author: deickemeyer from Chicago
29 January 2017

Is a very interesting essay dealing with a phase of modern economics that is most perplexing. The triangle is shown to be the manufacturer, the retail merchant, and the workman. The problem that the picture attempts to solve is the temporary stagnation when a diminished demand for goods throws more men out of employment, which keeps on making the condition worse until there is no business at all. The hero of the picture, who is called Mr. Goodfellow, thinks that everyone works too fast, is compelled to do more than his share of work. The picture takes a special case, the clothing trade; deals with individuals and tells a story. This story interests, notwithstanding the fact that the framework is always apparent; it never absolutely convinces. The reason for the interest we take is largely because we are wondering how it is going to solve the problem. Even if we begin to be disappointed, we still are held by the very vital interest in the problem or in any honest discussion of it. It is not art; but it is worth while. - The Moving Picture World, September 14, 1912