Lilo & Stitch 2: Stitch Has a Glitch

A lot more down-to-earth, and all the better for it!

Author: dimestitch5 from United Kingdom
25 August 2005

Lilo and Stitch was a nice surprise when i rented it out one day. It didn't look like your average Disney flick. It had a twisted reality to it, and what better combination than to have aliens from outer space and hula dancing Hawaiian girls? Surfice to say I bought Lilo and Stitch the next day! To me the film ended too quickly. But thats the problem with an origin film, even as the creators say in the audio commentary "they didn't want it to end and wanted to show the true Pelekai family life that followed" so thats why they did that wonderful end credits with the snapshots. But to me it wasn't enough. The creators must have thought so too, which is why Lilo and Stitch 2 is basically a small story about their daily lives and struggles. Nothing so dramatic, no antagonists, just family problems.. And it works brilliantly, finally getting to see how Lilo and Stitch work together as true family members. The story has a nice flow, showing the good and bad moments that would frequently affect such a "Ohana" as Lilo's. The highlight is Lilo's desire to be like her Mum and win the May Day Hula contest. Lilo bases her Hula on an ancient Hawaaiian story of a goddess and a handsome mortal, not realising that the events of the tale is slowly unfolding in her own life. Lilo is too busy asking Stitch to try and behave and help her, she neglects to try and help Stitch who clearly has a bigger problem. What follows is a truly heart wrenching moment in the entire Lilo and Stitch saga! And the same old animation from the first film really does the final scene in the film justice! Plus, you forget Dakota is Lilo! She's a perfect alternative. A must see for all Lilo and Stitch fans.

For Fans of the Original, You Will Not Be Disappointed

Author: bbSouthstreet from United States
31 August 2005

When I first heard of this movie I first thought, "Oh no not a crappy sequel to STITCH! The Movie!" But then I checked out the preview for the film and I was surprised. The animators for the original Lilo & Stitch were using the same technique as before and this took place after the first movie and before the TV series. The night of release came out and I rented it. The film was definitely a sequel to the original, it had the same charm, the same cast (except for Dakota Fanning of course), the same atmosphere and the same humor. Unlike STITCH! The Movie, Stitch has a Glitch is the film that continues what happened after the first one. Plus, the film uses more Elvis than the other one, including "Rubberneckin'" "I Need Your Love Tonight" and "Little Less Conversation." Fans of the original Lilo and Stitch will not be disappointed with Lilo and Stitch 2: Stitch Has a Glitch.

Tons better than expected

Author: topherwriter from United States
5 September 2005

I saw Lilo & Stitch 2 with my little brother while we were traveling in the car and I found that it was really good. It had a lot of funny moments in it and the ending had a really good message to it.

I thought that this movie would be kind of like Stitch the Movie which had the sole purpose of kicking off the series and not that great of a plot. I found however that the story was a lot better, they had some pretty good subplots to it, and it was both funny and poignant.

I would recommend this movie for many people, though it does have an appropriate "PG" rating, but I only give it eight out of ten stars because it just wasn't good enough to get the tenth star.

For DTV pretty good

Author: ed_two_o_nine from United Kingdom
13 July 2008

I watched this having not seen the original I am unable to compare them. But for a straight to video Disney sequel the standard I did not find to be that bad. It was reasonably well animated and had a descent cast (I am not sure how many of them where in the original). It is a typical children's movie theme of morality but an unusual story to put the message across. We have the often mined theme of a parentless child finding friendship with another being (in this case Lilo with Stitch), but an unusual story to show it where Stitch has a glitch in his molecular make-up that is threatening to turn him evil. The admittedly short movie moves along at a good pace all coming to the inevitable conclusion but in a pleasant enough way. I enjoyed it and would certainly watch it again, but it would be better watched with children.

retains the irresistible charm of its predecessor...

Author: Jonny_Numb from Hellfudge, Pennsylvania
6 October 2005

The original "Lilo and Stitch" was a wonderfully offbeat tale that took me by surprise (and even drove me to tears at the end!); the movie's take on the relationship between motherless Lilo (voiced by Dakota Fanning) and an accidental extraterrestrial visitor named Stitch was surprisingly compelling. This sequel is lighter, less spectacular fare--cute, not overly deep--but still entertaining. The story has Lilo entering a Hula competition...just as Stitch's circuits are beginning to go haywire, leading to a fair share of comic mischief and an ending that, once again, almost made me cry (for this, I give the movie an additional star).

Not quite as good as the original, but still has a lot of going for it

Author: ersinkdotcom from United States
19 June 2013

"Lilo & Stitch 2: Stitch Has a Glitch" finds the cuddly rascal from another planet helping Lilo get ready for the big island hula contest. When there's a malfunction, his destructive programming is restored and he goes back to acting the way he did before he was "tamed." Will Stitch glitch out for good, or will he recover and repair his friendship with Lilo?

This sequel might not be quite as good as the original, but it still has a lot of going for it. As a direct-to-DVD project, you can't expect the same animation quality as you get from a theatrical release. "Lilo & Stitch 2: Stitch Has a Glitch" is still a charming and thoughtful follow-up.

Above average sequel to a great film

Author: TheLittleSongbird from United Kingdom
16 February 2011

Is Lilo and Stitch 2:Stitch Has a Glitch as good as the original? Not quite. The original film is funny and touching with wonderful animation and great writing and characters. But is it better than the series and Stitch the Movie? Yes I think so. While the series is decent despite some hit and miss moments, Stitch the Movie feels like an extended TV episode and a rather mediocre one at that.

Lilo and Sticth 2:Stitch Has a Glitch was much better than I expected, and one of the better sequels in my opinion. Though it is not without its flaws. As others have noted, it is too short, at just over an hour it could have done with being 10 minutes longer. The subplot about David and Nani's relationship problems could have also done with more development and while they were still entertaining, Jumbaa and Pleakley could have been used more.

However, the animation is just great, very fluid and colourful in the colours and backgrounds and the characters are well drawn. The soundtrack is also delightful, and made you want to sing along, the story is heart-warming and well-paced with good messaging and the script is both funny and touching. The characters are still likable, Lilo is well-meaning and sweet, Stitch is lovable as always and Nani's personality is less distorted than it is in the series. The voice acting I have nothing against either, and I feel Dakota Fanning is a worthy replacement as Lilo.

Overall, above average and surprisingly pleasant. Had it been longer, it would have been even better. 7/10 Bethany Cox

Diney's Best Sequel DVD release ever! Definitely WAY better then "Stitch: The Movie!"

Author: Sean_Pierce from Canada
8 January 2006

This is by far the best sequel I've seen as a DVD/video release from Disney. From all of the other sequels Disney made weren't as "enchanting", not a lot of work was put into (e.g., story plot, voice acting, score, music, etc.) although this movie is worth the purchase and the viewing! It even has a sort of twist in the movie (no spoiling!)

To put it simply, here's how I'd put the movie:

The Good: -animation stayed and true and original (as in "Lilo And Stitch" unlike "Stitch: The Movie" -the score qualifies well for a theatrical release -story and plot is deep and rich -had its "theatrical touch"

The Bad: -having the movie with the length approximately 1 hour

It's just too bad this movie wasn't released first as a Theatrical release. Probably for the reason of the short length of the movie although it is still definitely one that you should purchase, worth buying. This beats all the other Disney Sequels DVD releases. More work is put into this movie for a family fun film.

*People who've seen "Lilo And Stitch" and "Stitch: The Movie" would definitely find this movie better and funny!!

Lil and Stitch 2 Review

Author: shelton-73462
14 May 2017

So lets just jump right into it Story: OK So basically this films story is a rehash of the Original Lilo and Stitch Story but the one thing that saves the story is that when the writers what it to be sad it actually is and the film can be funny at times not hilarious but funny mostly in the scenes with the Aliens. Animation: the Animation is not very good in this film but what can you expect from Disney DVD sequel. Characters: So lets start off with stitch who is so adorable in this film then there's lilo who is a OK character but there's one thing tat bothers me about lilo is that she can be annoying at times. Personal Score 6/10

Critic Score Story 5/10 Animation 5/10 Characters 6/10 Overall Critic Score 5/10

Still awesome...

Author: Taylor Kingston from Australia
23 June 2015

I think this is a great follow-up to Lilo & Stitch. It's still hilarious and adorable.

In this movie, Stitch is having glitches and malfunctioning, and is starting to act like his old self, before he got his loving family on Earth. Lilo desperately tries to figure out what is wrong with him, with the help of Dr. Jumba and Pleakley. But she is afraid that he won't be himself for much longer. Stitch's destructive programming is starting to take affect and everyone is concerned. Lilo has to get his goodness level back up before Stitch does something he can't undo.

Overall, I give this movie an 8 out of 10, which in my ratings book is: Awesome.