"The Fairly OddParents" School's Out! The Musical (2005)

« Prev | 63 of 139 Episodes | Next »

Another great FOP special

Author: Chris (cjpdigi90@msn.com) from United States
10 June 2005

I've been a big fan of the Fairly Oddparents since they debuted on Oh Yeah! Cartoons. Every single episode delivers a barrel of laughs, and Schools Out! The Musical is no exception. The songs are enjoyable, especially Cosmo and Wanda's sappy duet which also sheds some light onto what they were like before they were married. There are a few firsts, such as the appearances of Francis the gray bully's dad and Flappy Bob, the clown behind the Peppy Happy Learn-A-Torium. Daran Norris, Tara Strong, Jason Marsden, and Ben Stein all deliver great voice acting. It's another funny adventure with Timmy, Cosmo and Wanda. Watch it with your family.

Brilliant!!!

Author: WhizkidF from United States
1 July 2005

I watched this wonderful special with one of my cousins and it was absolutely great! The songs fit the wondrous plot used in it, especially the boredom about the tedious life in Pixie World and the world which was turned into an environment based on Flappy Bob's Learn-A-Torium ("Unfundimentals," my personal favorite) and the heart-rendering duet with Cosmo and Wanda ("As Long as I'm Floating With You"). The plot is about a former clown/lawyer putting ten-year-old Timmy Turner and his peers inside his Learn-A-Torium, in response to the complaints from their parents for their reckless behavior. But the 37-year old esthabishment is actually an evil plan manipulated everything, something Flappy Bob and the adults didn't known about. I urge you to watch this, whether you're a musical buff, kid, or a cartoon junkie!!!

One of the best Fairly Oddparents Specials!!

Author: KidsLinville from United States
18 June 2005

The Fairly Oddparents: School's Out was a good special. While it was great Special, it was not as good as Channel Chasers. To most people, the song between Cosmo and Wanda was the best song in there. I think it is the first Hey Flappy Bob Song. The Pixes song was good and all right. Nick better not make another musical! It will not be as good as this one. I like The way the songs fit with what happened in the special! The actors who sang did awesome! I just hope they do not a "musical" with another nick show and turn it into some piece of slop! But this a good wholesome family Musical that kids of all ages will be running to see! I will see you all at my next review! Until next time.

I give this a 10\10!!

Wowy

Author: redastra2000 from United Kingdom
24 July 2006

What can i say except enjoy this great musical. Timmy gets to rule the world, at least for a while. The songs are addictive and terrific, and the plot is cool too; a conspiracy of pixies taking over fairy world and the real world. References from other films include Superman when a baby is catapulted in a rocket to stop it from being killed in a runaway train, only to be used by the pixies in their plan. An emotional moment in part 2 is when Cosmo and Wanda sing "As long as I'm floating with you" when they reminisce about there time together as husband and wife. The only reason i don't give 10 stars is that there is little conversation with Trixie or Vicky, although there's a brief segment with Tootie. i long for the day when Timmy finally dates Trixie or Tootie.

This is NOT the Fairly Odd Parents and they have destroyed an excellent formula

Author: planktonrules from Bradenton, Florida
17 September 2008

I must point out that unlike most viewers of the Fairly Odd Parents, I am an adult and am not ashamed to admit I like the show. Thanks to clever writing and unusually good stories with likable characters, this is one kids' show that parents can not just tolerate but enjoy. Heck, I think I know more about this show than most of my students I teach--it's just a neat show that doesn't insult the audience's intelligence.

Considering I am a fan, I naturally was thrilled to see that the Nick folks made a TV movie of the show. However, when I tried watching it I was more than just a bit disappointed. After all, it was a musical and that is something completely unlike the show. And, considering the show is so good, you wonder what lame-brain decided to mess with a great concept by injecting music! The film was just limp and seemed like a strange aberration--not one of my favorite current cartoons.

While watchable, it sure isn't good. My advice is pretend they never made this, ABRA CATASTROPHE or the god-awful JIMMY TIMMY POWER HOUR shows and just see CHANNEL CHASERS--the only Fairly Odd Parents movie that is as good or better than the shows.