The Rated-R Superstar Edge attempts to do the unthinkable by becoming the first man to ever defeat the Undertaker at WrestleMania. For the second year in a row, Undertaker is looking to ... See full summary »
Floyd Mayweather Jr.
WORLD TAG TEAM TITLES - Kane and Big Show (c) vs Carlito and Chris Masters. MONEY IN THE BANK LADDER MATCH - Rob Vam Dam vs Finlay vs Ric Flair vs Shelton Benjamin vs Matt Hardy vs Lashley.... See full summary »
MONEY IN THE BANK LADDER MATCH - Mr Kennedy vs Finlay vs Matt Hardy vs Jeff Hardy vs Booker T vs Edge vs Randy Orton vs CM Punk. UNITED STATES CHAMPIONSHIP - Chris Benoit vs MVP. Kane vs ... See full summary »
Rey Mysterio vs Eddie Guerrero, Money in the Bank Ladder Match - Edge vs Kane vs Christian vs Chris Benoit vs Shelton Benjamin vs Chris Jericho, Kurt Angle vs Shawn Michaels, Randy Orton vs... See full summary »
John Cena (c) vs Kurt Angle vs Shawn Michaels, Batista vs The Coach, Lance Cade (c) and Trevor Murdoch (c) vs Kane and Big Show, Matt Hardy and Rey Mysterio vs Snitsky and Chris Masters, ... See full summary »
1) Ric Flair vs. Carlito (for the intercontinental title). Flair fans will love this one, but I found it poor, relying more on the wrestlers' gimmicks than on the wrestling itself. I also can't see the point of giving the IC title to an old man instead of younger talent that needs to be pushed (not necessarily Carlito). *1/2
2) Trish and Ashley vs. Victoria and Torrie. When Trish or Victoria or both are in the ring, it's good (yes, Trish comes off better, but if you look closely it's obvious that she wouldn't have done anything without Victoria's help). Ashley, who is still training, takes a few bumps but also does some things that make no sense...Torrie, disappointingly, does next-to-nothing. **
3) Big Show vs. Gene Snitsky. A surprisingly enjoyable match. Snitsky's strategy to focus on Big Show's right arm is a solid one, and Show's offense, although limited, is fun to watch. Say what you want about Snitsky, he's one of the few men who can stand next to the Big Show and look like they have a legitimate chance of winning. **1/2
4) Chavo Guerrero vs. Shelton Benjamin. Once you get past the lame "Kervin White" gimmick (which the commentators never do), this is a fast-paced match with good, complex moves by both wrestlers. **1/2
5) Edge vs. Matt Hardy (Steel Cage Match). An intense match-up, with some hits that look (and sound) as if they are connecting, and some great high spots. Better than I though it would be. ***
6) Cade and Murdoch vs. Hurricane and Rosey (for the tag-team title). H+R were an enjoyable team, but this filler match is hurt by obvious crowd indifference. **
7) Chris Masters vs. Shawn Michaels. Disappointing match, Masters shows potential, HBK needs to cut down the overselling a bit. **
8) John Cena vs. Kurt Angle (for the WWE title). Angle once again proves his versatility by combining a street-fighting style (to match with Cena's) with his unique (at least in the WWE today) freestyle ground wrestling. But the messy DQ ending draws boos from the crowd and spoils what could have been a great main event. ***
Overall a pretty solid PPV, better than "Vengeance" in my opinion, though we COULD have done without the shot of Flair's butt.
0 of 0 people found this review helpful.
Was this review helpful to you?