MONEY IN THE BANK LADDER MATCH - Mr Kennedy vs Finlay vs Matt Hardy vs Jeff Hardy vs Booker T vs Edge vs Randy Orton vs CM Punk. UNITED STATES CHAMPIONSHIP - Chris Benoit vs MVP. Kane vs ... See full summary »
Matt Hardy vs Edge, Chris Benoit vs Orlando Jordan, Kurt Angle vs Eugene, The Undertaker vs Randy Orton, Eddie Guerrero vs Rey Mysterio, John Cena vs Chris Jericho, JBL vs Batista, Hulk Hogan vs Shawn Michaels.
Johnny Nitro (IC) vs Jeff Hardy. Umaga vs Kane. Lita (WC) vs Trish Stratus. The Spirit Squad (TC) vs The Highlanders. DX vs The Big Show and The McMahons (HIAC). Randy Orton vs Carlito. ... See full summary »
The biggest Superstars of RAW and SmackDown! clash at Royal Rumble to determine who will go to WrestleMania 21 as the heavyweight contender. The Road to WrestleMania begins as RAW and SmackDown! present WWE Royal Rumble.
WWE Title: Brock Lesnar vs. The Undertaker, World Heavyweight Title: Triple H vs. Rob Van Dam, WWE Intercontinental Title: Chris Jericho vs. Ric Flair, WWE Women's Title: Molly Holly vs. ... See full summary »
1) Ric Flair vs. Carlito (for the intercontinental title). Flair fans will love this one, but I found it poor, relying more on the wrestlers' gimmicks than on the wrestling itself. I also can't see the point of giving the IC title to an old man instead of younger talent that needs to be pushed (not necessarily Carlito). *1/2
2) Trish and Ashley vs. Victoria and Torrie. When Trish or Victoria or both are in the ring, it's good (yes, Trish comes off better, but if you look closely it's obvious that she wouldn't have done anything without Victoria's help). Ashley, who is still training, takes a few bumps but also does some things that make no sense...Torrie, disappointingly, does next-to-nothing. **
3) Big Show vs. Gene Snitsky. A surprisingly enjoyable match. Snitsky's strategy to focus on Big Show's right arm is a solid one, and Show's offense, although limited, is fun to watch. Say what you want about Snitsky, he's one of the few men who can stand next to the Big Show and look like they have a legitimate chance of winning. **1/2
4) Chavo Guerrero vs. Shelton Benjamin. Once you get past the lame "Kervin White" gimmick (which the commentators never do), this is a fast-paced match with good, complex moves by both wrestlers. **1/2
5) Edge vs. Matt Hardy (Steel Cage Match). An intense match-up, with some hits that look (and sound) as if they are connecting, and some great high spots. Better than I though it would be. ***
6) Cade and Murdoch vs. Hurricane and Rosey (for the tag-team title). H+R were an enjoyable team, but this filler match is hurt by obvious crowd indifference. **
7) Chris Masters vs. Shawn Michaels. Disappointing match, Masters shows potential, HBK needs to cut down the overselling a bit. **
8) John Cena vs. Kurt Angle (for the WWE title). Angle once again proves his versatility by combining a street-fighting style (to match with Cena's) with his unique (at least in the WWE today) freestyle ground wrestling. But the messy DQ ending draws boos from the crowd and spoils what could have been a great main event. ***
Overall a pretty solid PPV, better than "Vengeance" in my opinion, though we COULD have done without the shot of Flair's butt.
0 of 0 people found this review helpful.
Was this review helpful to you?