IMDb > Lage Raho Munna Bhai (2006) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Page 6 of 11: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]

Great movie

Author: labiba_habiba1 from United States
25 January 2007

This was a great movie. It was funny and entertaining, yet weaved a strong and very needed message through out the movie. It was great to see a movie that was able to entertain yet remind us of history and the message we may forget. I admired how the many different threads of this movie i.e. music, comedy, and history were brought together so well. Being American and having to read the sub-titles didn't take anything away from this movie for me. I was very moved by this movie, and would recommend it for every one to see. Sanjay Dutt being so handsome is an added plus in watching this movie ..wink..

Labiba

Positive Entertainmenet

Author: Vishal Agrawal from Mumbai
10 January 2007

This has got to be one of the most inspiring films made in the Indian Film Industry in the last decade. The other films I can think of are 'MunnaBhai MBBS', 'Hydrabad Blues' and 'Nayak'. Though HB was an independent effort. The script of LRMB is too good. When Boman Irani says "Get Well Soon Munna" it struck me so hard. The whole plot is in loops. Taxi driver and running bride already have a connection from the previous scenes. The script may not be air-tight but its definitely very well edited and has imaginative loops. Although the backdrop of the film is love story it actually is a social drama. Beautiful!!! The concept that Gandhiji only answers questions Munna already knew was just too much. That shows how tight and well thought out the plot actually is which looks like a regular comedy.

Boman Irani is very good. Sanjay Dutt is convincing. Vidya Balan is just cute smiles. She was much better in 'Hum Panch'. Kulbhushan Kharbanda is great as usual. Arshad Warsi walked away with the glory this time. No doubt. He got the best lines and every time he got the home run. Dilip Prabhavalkar was also very convincing considering the kind of job he had to do. Theatre and films are two different medium. I will definitely see him on stage now. Diya Mirza has improved. Jimmy Shergil was also very impressive. It was nice to see Parikshat Sahni after so long. Although casting says three names in the writing department but we know for a fact that the brain behind this fantastic film is Rajkumar Hirani. Great Job. Must have been a journey for a sound editor in 'Hero Hiralal' to direct a film after 15 years and that too 'Munnabhai MBBS'.

There are so many fantastic scenes in this film but my favorite is when lawyers beat up Gujju lawyer Dhansukh Bhai Patel. It's a very positive effort with many social messages. The most important things about the film are that it is very modern, talks about real issues with humor and is not preachy. 9/10

Fantastic movie.

Author: Arvind Menon from India
3 January 2007

To deliver such a movie in present times with such a powerful message is truly commendable. The movies starts of on a slightly trite note but later flowers into a movie with high impact. The best part about the movie is that it is presented in a way that most common people can relate to it.. It is this quality that has propelled the movie to such acclaim. This is the sort of movie that showcases the true spirit of India and its father, Mahatma Gandhi.

In times when its considered sissy to not have an "eye for an eye" this movie breaks all trends and goes back to good old days.

its hard to describe the sort of reactions its produced in India for real. May it suffice for me to say that a lot of incidents or rather the methods used to achieve the goal in a larger sense, have actually started bearing fruit.

Kudos to the director for making such a movie in present times. Though the movie has done exceeding well, it also ran the serious risk of bombing at the box office. By opening himself to possible criticism and still sticking to his guts, the director has done justice to the movie as well as its message. God bless.

Pure unadulterated entertainment!

Author: geckomehra from United States
31 December 2006

The most awesome film i have seen for a long long time.the way raju hirani has carried his story is unbelievable.if you thought m.b.b.s was awesome,wait till you see this film.the trailers didn't do justice to the film's content.i would have never believed it could be this good,until i saw it.its hard to imagine what the film holds in the second half,but i bet it is better than most of us could imagine.the way this film has inspired us Indians has to be seen to be believed.its impact can be seen in our politics as well.sanjay dutt has got what he needed to be remembered as one of the all time greats. all hail Munnabhai.

worth watching

Author: nabraj from bangalore, India
18 December 2006

Much of awaited of sequel finally arrived in the town. Thou,very few sequel gave big box office hit, LRM is one of them. LRM is worth watching movie of BOLLYWOOD. It is having full of comedy, Gandhi GIRI, love,friendship. I mean everything in life that one should at least have. Circuit's comedy was fantastic. Few comments by him during movies awesome.He is the best in the industry for comedy role. All the characters in this movie have done absolutely perfect job. The comedy and Gandhi GIRI are captured in a artistic way. Thou aged, Sanjay Dutt best fits for romance movie, he proved all. Simply, worth watching 100 times.

Simply Amazing

Author: Smittyboy318 from United States
10 December 2006

I thought this movie was excellent! It literally brought tears of joy to my eyes. I recommend this movie to anyone. It really doesn't matter if you have seen the first movie or not. Even though this is a sequel, it doesn't have a continuing storyline. But that doesn't matter at all. The plot in this movie is awesome. The story, the best I have seen in a Hindi movie. But if you don't want to see the movie, don't. No one is forcing you. My favorite part was the Munna/Circuit apology. It was so deep and emotional. I can't tell you how much I loved this movie because I will keep repeating myself and that is kind of what I am doing so I can take up these minimum of 10 lines that i need. But seriously though, watch the movie. It will be worth your time.

Best Hindi comedy in a long time

Author: chakut from United States
7 November 2006

Really good Hindi comedies are few and far between. Lage Raho Munna Bhai is by far one of the best in recent times. You will laugh till your sides ache, and you will be forced to think about truth and non-violence on your way back to reality. The movie starts with a music that will tell you it is a sequel to Munna Bhai MBBS, but goes off as an independent story, with only the main characters (Munna Bhai, Circuit and the other "dhobis") coming back. Boman Irani is in this "sequal", but in a totally different role, to which he does justice AND MORE.

The story is woven well, the music is hummable and meaningful (something which Hindi films lack a lot), the choreography is pleasing, the directing is wonderful and the acting is superb. Boman Irani (Lucky Singh) and Arshad Varsi (Circuit) steal the show, and Sanjay Dutt (Munna) and Vidya Balan (Janvi) are not far behind.

Even when the plot gets a little "serious", the film holds the audience (this is what Hindi films mostly mess up).

After you have watched it once and laughed a lot, watch it again: there will be bits and pieces of comedy and thought-provoking dialogue and actions to notice the second time, which will make sense.

This is a movie to treasure. I hope more movies like this hit the screens.

Excellent Film

Author: gurupiriya from India
29 October 2006

Laugh your way through this film and for sure it starts a chemical locha in ur dimag. This could well be the dawn of a new age bollywood film making, the script is crisp so is the direction. A must watch for its realistic approach to the modern day issues but with a Gandhian Flavour aka Gandhigiri. If bollywood has to get recognition at the global level, it should try churning out movies of this calibre, which not only showcases Indian Values of truth and ahimsa, but also the need of the modern age to embrace them. Hats off to Vidhu Vinod Chopra and Rajkumar Hirani, for giving back Bapu to India. Excellence is stamped all over the film as it smoothly sails from one frame to another. It leaves us with a thought to reconsider and rediscover the ideals of Father Of India, Mahatma Gandhi. The Ideals are as relevant today as then.

Great entertainer

Author: natraj_i from United States
26 October 2006

After a long time I have seen a movie that is entertaining as well has some good values. Most Hindi flicks play to the masses - so does this one. But the biggest difference is that it carries a powerful message. The best part is that I was not bored for a single moment in this movie. The songs are pretty good and the director has done a great job of editing the movie.

Actingwise, Sanjay Dutt and Boman Irani are good, but the best part is played by Arshad Warsi. His dialogue delivery and facial expressions are a treat to watch. Even a stupid joke appears funny when Arshad Warsi delivers it. All in all, kudos to the movie team. Great job guys and I hope more Hindi film makers take to making movies that are fun and carry a message instead of the same love stories.

misleading title; great movie.

Author: (indu9) from Raleigh, United States
24 October 2006

enough has been said already about how good or the thoughtful the movie is, so wont repeat that here.

The only disappointment was the title itself. The name gave me the impression of some real commercial, laugh-n-forget a typical Hindi movie and came out wondering what a great innovative plot to make a movie on. solid thoughtful storyline and yet very comical !!

a very clever job by the director/writer to convey Gandhiji message in a simplest possible way.

Arshad Warsi is hilarious. Sanjay dutt looks old at times.

director could do a better job in portraying these 2 as don, esp in Mumbai real estate market.

Page 6 of 11: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]