IMDb > John Tucker Must Die (2006) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
John Tucker Must Die

John Tucker Must Die More at IMDbPro »

Page 10 of 17: [Prev][5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [Next]

A movie about 4 girls who decide to get revenge on a player(John Tucker)

Author: Strawberry11495 from United States
19 January 2007

This movie was so funny. I think anyone with a sense of humor should go see this movie. I loved it. The best part was the pranks the girls play. This movie will make you LOL. The best part was the hotel. But if you haven't seen this movie yet you just have to see it. When I saw this movie it was me , my cousin, my friend, and my little sister. We decided to watch this movie on PPV we ate 4 bags of popcorn and we laugh through out that who movie. THis movie was out standing this movie get 5 thumbs up from me. Please any one who has read this review see this movie.

PS. Do see this movie any time you can

Very good even my mom loved it

Author: prepwthvans from United States
4 January 2007

This movie was a movie my friends all enjoyed, not to mention all my family including my 45 year old mom and 47 year old dad. My brother who is 17 enjoyed it. I enjoyed it the most however and I am 14 nearing 15. The central plot of John Tucker (Jesse) cheating on these girls was something that is possible and many movies don't really show it from both sides. All the actors were great and it was a great movie for all ages. The director and writer did a great job on this movie but especially the writer. The script was amazing, I am really amazed at the writers ability. I have bought this movie and definitely recommend everyone to watch the commentary. It's amazing.

Girly Fun.

Author: X-Suze-X from United Kingdom
21 October 2006

I set out to the cinema with not that high hopes but after 15 minutes I was gripped. The plot is laid back and fun and shows what us gals are made of! I can NOT wait till it comes out on DVD because I'm gonna buy it then second the shops open!!! With three girls out to get him I thought maybe he would change his ways but though he did keep his promise to be honest I can imagine that his 2 girlfriends whom he introduced to one another wouldn't be entirely pleased by the arrangement! If I was one of them he wouldn't live to see the day, but that's the warrior princess in me speaking. I would consider boys would probably stay clear of this unless you are one of those strange types who loves girlie fun like Mean Girls. John Tucker Must Die and Mean Girls have said to be rivals as they are so similar but everyone will say the John Tucker is better only because by now we have all seen Mean Girls so many times we're glad for a change, but with a slightly wittier a plot John Tucker would probably win my vote even if they had both come out at the same time.

An awesome movie! A must see!

Author: random_rox from New Zealand
4 October 2006

I heard about this movie and immediately assumed it was another Mean Girls, fake high school cheesy flick about a group of giggling girls. I was wrong.I definitely think that the background in this film is more accurate for a normal high school than other movies, not too exaggerated. Maybe the character John Tucker is a bit unrealistic but he seems to fit and is hilarious to watch!! Of course there is still somewhat of a cliché so if you're not in to the teen kind of movies don't see it. But if you love a laugh and a laid-back comedy, go right ahead!! I expected a normal low-class comedy but instead was shocked and got a huge laugh!! Plus with hot guys and wicked catch phrases, who could deny such a film! Like they say......Don't get mad.Get even!!

Good entertainment

Author: greatbuffy from France
2 October 2006

Just want to say that I am 22 years old, but I (and also my friend) think that in my head I'm always 15. That's may be why I think it is a very good movie. It is a very good entertainment because it has a quite good scenario, a very good cast (everyone is beautiful), and a very good chemistry between the actors. The truth is that I didn't know what was the movie about when I went to see it, but I really had a good time when I watched it. It may be not the smartest or the funniest but personally, I really enjoy the movie, and I think that is all this movie is about : just to have fun while watching it. So thank you the cast and of course the writers and producers.

It delivers expectations : It entertains.

Author: insomniac_rod from Noctropolis
23 September 2006

Following the well known humor in the style of "American Pie"; "John Tucker Must Die" is a hilarious teen comedy. That's it. The only intention of the movie is to entertain.

The situations are very predictable but fun. Audiences are getting used to these kind of movies where sex and sensuality are the main aspect. In "John Tucker", sex is the reason to watch this movie. Sex in all the sense of the word (situations, dialogs, scenes, jokes). Brittany Snow in lingerie, and the kiss between her and Sophia Bush are excellent scenes!

The acting is very good. I was surprised with Brittany Snow's fresh, cute, and hilarious performance. The girl is up for big things. Also, Sophia Bush delivered a sexy, fun performance. She seemed to have fun with it. The rest of the cast is just okay.

Watch this movie if you are in the mood to have fun and then, forget completely about the movie.

I really dug the ending. John Tucker is a macho role model!

Hilarious!

Author: senoritasophia13 from Vermont, Usa
13 August 2006

I thought that this movie was the most hilarious one i had seen in a long time! i went with my two friends and they also were laughing through the whole thing stay for most of the credits if you want to see some extra scenes. it was sort of like a She's The Man sort of thing with tangled love lives and revenge. Heather was a really good character by putting a spin on the whole "lead cheerleader" thing. i liked how Kate was the innocent unexperienced girl who thinks she is and panics at every move. that makes her seem so real and not just some typical movie girl. beth was the natural, vegetarian girl with all of the morals that get smashed as soon as she goes out with "john tucker". and Carrie is the computer whiz who makes everything happen. its funny how their school doesn't have a dress code though. and last but not least is John who has the master mind plan to date people from different clicks so that they wont talk to each other. what he didn't think of was that they might be over heard by one of the other girls. overall a great movie!

Chick-flick but Enjoyable

Author: paulnm96 from Ireland
28 May 2011

Normally I dislike chick-flicks as it's normally about how the innocent girl gets the jock but this one is quite interesting and funny.

The opening scene describes Kate (Brittany Snow) and how she has little or no friends because of her mother Lori (Jenny McCarty) and her bad relationships. She moves to a new town and meets a teenage jock and womanizer John Tucker (Jesse Metcalfe). He dates three girls Carrie (Arielle Kebbel) a reporter for school paper and overachiever, Heather (Ashanti) the head-cheerleader and Beth (Sophia Bush) a vegan protester.

The three girls find out with Kate's help that John's cheating on them. They attempt to get even by playing tricks on John but he quickly breaks up with them. They then decide to use Kate to get even by making her a new cheerleader. He gets attracted to her while clueless Kate plays hard to get however Kate begins having feelings for John which may ruin the plan.

This light-hearted chick-flick is funny but the story is quite dull for guys but this movie would be excellent for teenage girls.

Not funny enough to make the content OK

Author: napierslogs from Ontario, Canada
12 July 2010

"John Tucker Must Die" has cliché characters and a story line where everything is telegraphed miles away. The few laugh-out-loud moments and funny lines are not enough to make this good.

Brittany Snow is the 'new girl', she gets played by the cheerleader, the smart chick, and the new-age hippie girl, just as they play John Tucker. It is just a mess about making people feel bad about themselves and then succumbing to peer-pressure. I thought movies like this were supposed to have positive messages?

The good things are that Snow is adorable, Penn Badgley as 'the other Tucker' is endearing, and it has a catchy soundtrack. It has a pretty fast pace through most of it with some funny moments, but not enough to recommend "John Tucker Must Die".

A Nutshell Review: John Tucker Must Die

Author: DICK STEEL from Singapore
16 September 2006

John Tucker Must Die has one of the most interesting trailers for a commercial cheesy girly flick, and it works to a certain extent, with the similarity in playing along the same lines as the Kill Bill title. I remember vividly each time after the trailer was aired, that some girls seated around me will almost always squeal with delight, so it's really no wonder if this flick proves to do well at the box office.

The good looking girls in school always capitalize on their assets to snag that one hot alpha male guy, and who else than John Tucker (Jesse Metcalfe, the famous gardener from Desperate Housewives), captain of the school basketball team wearing that number 23 jersey, and with deep pockets lined with cash too? John's a serial player, and his conquests of the sexy one Beth (Sophia Bush), the brainy one Carrie (Arielle Kebbel) and the lead cheerleader with attitude Heather (Ashanti) left them with bad aftertaste after they found out about him dating them simultaneously. His technique? They belong to different cliques (guys take note), and his sweet nothings were easily bought into. I thought they made good tips too, ha!

Anyway they find out his rouse, and get all riled up in seeking revenge, enlisting the help of protagonist Kate Spencer (Brittany Snow), an unknown in school, now having the opportunity to become a legend by helping the girls turn the tables on John. While the girls are all sugar and spice and all things nice, they sure live up to the saying that hell knows no fury like a woman, or here, 3 women, scorned. They have their antics, but the power of the alpha male is to turn each bad situation around through their aura of incredible luck. At times though the movie seemed to lack focus and want to cover too much ground in too little time, having Kate jump right out of the pages of Never Been Kissed (1999), and subplots involving budding romances, and romances for real.

Despite being a popcorn flick, it did try to insert a moral message within its eye candy scenes, and that is a reminder to all in relationships, that we're dealing with real feelings and emotions with real people here, and it always hurts. Honesty goes a long way, and as a word of caution, those who go after a John Tucker, should already know what they're in for. On a side note, it also looks at how one should always be aware if you're not staying true to yourself, of being the creation of someone else and the leveraging on others to gain popularity.

That aside, the way to approach this teen movie is to sit back, relax, and put your brains to idle mode. In typical fashion, it's full of pop songs to entice teenagers, and stay tune through the end credits for a small scene inserted in between.