IMDb > John Tucker Must Die (2006) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
John Tucker Must Die

John Tucker Must Die More at IMDbPro »

Page 7 of 17: [Prev][2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [Next]

underrated good movie

Author: joshslim from United States
28 January 2007

This movie is unquestionably the Van Wilder of high school students. The relationships, chemistry, and music was all awesome.... and the actresses were smoking hot. Other than that, it was well scripted and resolved better than any other chick flick me and my girlfriend have ever seen. i swear i've seen some sh*Ty ones where i wanted to shoot myself halfway through the movie, but this one left me wanting more. It depicts high school life exaggeratedly, and thats a good cheering thing. and MAN what a great ending... i wish ALL problems could be resolved like that. so if you're looking for good entertainment with some friends or with your girlfriends, this is your best bet.

John Tucker Has Sequel Potential

Author: kairob75 from New York
15 January 2007

This movie was really funny. Ashanti didn't overact, Sofia Bush was true to form and the other girl, very good, she held it down for having the majority of the lines. And I mustn't forget, the beloved Brittney Snow, she did great as usual with her girl next door, goody two-shoe image. I would hate to cross her in a dark alley. It was funny, drew you in and you could watch it again. What's his name, the lead guy, he was good, when you expected him to crumble, he took the bull by the horns and turned it around. Good movie. A feel good chick flick and good for a guy who wants to get closer to his feminine side, for sake of comedy of course.

very entertaining movie

Author: jelena from Croatia
14 January 2007

although it is typical teen movie, i enjoyed it.. especially because john tucker reminds me on my ex boyfriend.. movie is made by an old teen comedy formula, but it still works. it's very entertaining although it's so predictable.. and the other good reason for seeing this movie is john tucker who is SO hot.. (this sentence worths just for girls :)))) i think this is not movie for boys. in the end all that i can say is that this is one of the best movies of this genre and i loved it. there are so many john tuckers in the world and i think that the revenge doesn't help. boys like that are just kids in their mind and everything that they need is time. unfortunately, all the hottest boys must behave like john does :(( , so it's realistic

Just not good enough

Author: Pascal Zinken (LazySod) from Maastricht, The Netherlands
13 January 2007

A guy has a relation with a girl, but also one with another girl. That's unacceptable behavior, but it happens. What doesn't always happen is the guy has something going with yet another girl as well. When the three find out about each other they want to get even and devise plans to bring him down. And there you have it. John Tucker is about to experience first hand the fury of three women scorned.

And that's how it starts. A typical high-school comedy where the lead characters are all played out rather charactered and shallow, where peer pressure is still an important factor and where everything you do badly comes back at you in threefold.

All in all, the recipe for a thirteen in a dozen film and this specific film doesn't climb above that in any way. More precisely, it fails to hold that standard as well. It just doesn't bring anything well enough to keep anyone really interested and fails to stand out. In fact, I think that John Tucker should have been a straight-to-video. Just not good enough.

4 out of 10 women cheated

All the John Tuckers out there should DIE!

Author: justine len from Melbourne, Australia
12 January 2007

Regardless what those other people are saying about the film, I still think this was a good movie. So what if its a cliché, it has a point, and hopefully sent a message to all those John Tuckers out there. But it probably didn't. It was a good laugh. The acting was not bad, in fact, I thought it was quite good, especially Kate (the main character), I haven't seen her around in many films, but maybe that's just me. Ashanti, I guess, sorta ruined the film with her poor acting. She should just stick to singing, and shave her armpits (there's a scene at the beginning of the film where's she cheerleading, after John shoots the winning goal and she lifts her arms up and...eugh. Enough said.) I think its worth seeing. I'll be getting it when it comes out on DVD.

A Great Comedy

Author: babylovee_x
2 January 2007

This movie made me laugh a lot! It was similar to Mean Girls with the 3 bad girls and that 1 innocent-to-bad girl thing but it was very entertaining&amusing. Its about 3 girls who got cheated on by the hottest guy in school. They take in the new girl, Kate to help them break his heart by making him fall in love with her, then she'd crush him like he crushed all 3 of them. The 3 girls all have different personalities and are in different cliques. (Cheerleader, Vegeterian & Braniac) But they all want to kill John Tucker(:I think girls will enjoy this movie much more than guys but everyone can get a laugh out of it.

Surprised

Author: stuyfan from United States
2 January 2007

At first glance, I never expected to like this movie. I thought that I was going to despise this typical chick-flick movie, but I loved it. Although it seems insanely predictable, and slightly is, they put a great spin on the "revenge of the girlfriends" genre. I was literally rolling on the floor laughing. They even manage to pull off the typical one-liners. It was hilarious and over the top, but the whole thing seemed remotely believable. They combine hot guys, hot girls, ice cream and lots of thongs to make a literally laugh out loud comedy. I definitely suggest for anyone. Girls night, guys night, anynight, its absolutely hilarious.

A funny, enjoyable comedy that went beyond my expectations

Author: guyfromjerzee from United States
26 December 2006

Admittedly, during the first 20-or-so minutes of the movie, I wasn't too impressed, and was expecting to be tortured with the same lame teen flick. But as the film went on, I was surprisingly engaged. First off, I found all the characters at least mildly interesting, especially the one played by Brittany Snow. And though some of the gags were undeniably low-brow, I found myself laughing through most of the flick. I found it amusing that no matter how much these girls try to obliterate John Tucker's reputation, he just seems to get more popular, resulting in such bizarre incidents as the fellow players on his basketball team wearing thongs. The actors are all charismatic and charming. I felt Jessie Metcalfe gave the role of John Tucker more depth than most young actors would, and actually made him somewhat likable, rather than a total jerk who just happens to be good-looking. The ending wasn't what I expected. I felt it delivered a good message about men (or women) pretending to be people they're not, in order to find mates. "John Tucker Must Die" delivered beyond my expectations, since it turned out to be both funny and touching. It still has some elements of the standard teen comedy (with the actors and actresses all looking they just stepped off a photo shoot for "Teen People"), but those elements didn't destroy the film.

really really lacking.

Author: triple8 from Conn
17 December 2006

SPOILERS THROUGH:

This Actually looked really funny in the initial previews but I didn't like it at all. This movie was kind of annoying. I didn't expect an Oscar Winner but I thought I'd at least get something moderately entertaining. But it really isn't. The movie's premise which sounded like it could be, at the very least, either moderately funny or somewhat engaging was not played out well at all. The movie took nothing seriously, so it was rather impossible to believe anything on screen. The characters were not very interesting either. Jennie Mcarthy was actually very good and she wasn't even in it much. I also REAllY liked the character of the younger brother of John Tucker but he wasn't in it much either.

The way the premise played out was disappointing. There didn't seem to be any attempt to make it at all believable or original. Not only that but it wasn't that funny. Or very interesting. The movie was dull at times. There was no spunk to the movie. It seemed completely manufactured-a product.

There was so little character development it was actually surprising. And Katie the main character is so pretty and bubbly it didn't make sense that she was portrayed as a plain Jane. Actually it was almost ridiculous. And I couldn't believe how bland the movie was. The premise, even if it's not all that original, could have been played out much much better then it was. The movie was so unbelievable, with so little character development and such ridiculousness to some of the situations that evolved that it was impossible to enjoy.

As mentioned, I loved the younger rocker brother of John Tucker. But it wasn't until the end that one could even tell Katie liked him. Although it's not difficult to see from the beginning, that these two will end up together, the movie seemed to imply that Katie was actually falling for John Tucker. So it was kind of weird, with the whole triangle between the brothers.

Basically I didn't like the movie much although it is watchable and far from dreadful. I would definitely not give it a 1 or 2 as others have done. But I wouldn't see it again. I'd say a 4 out of 10.

Teens will "Die" laughing with this enjoyable movie!

Author: alex979 from United States
24 November 2006

Many teens go to the movies to see a light, cute, and hilarious comedy. "John Tucker Must Die" is the perfect movie for that occasion. While unrealistic and unworthy of high-end commendation, "John Tucker Must Die" still manages to win the hearts of many guys and girls.

The film revolves around Kate Spencer (Brittany Snow), a congenial but awkward new girl at a school divided by cliques. One day, in gym class, she overhears three girls arguing over who is dating John Tucker (Jesse Metcalfe), the school hunk. The three girls are Heather (Ashanti), a wisecracking cheerleader, Beth (Sophia Bush), the school tramp, and Carrie (Arielle Kebbel), the student government president. The problem is that John Tucker is a player, and all three are dating him at the same time. Kate intervenes and agrees to help the three girls plot revenge against him. However, Kate ends up falling for John Tucker, and problems arise.

"John Tucker Must Die" was better than I expected it to be. The film has many funny parts and memorable lines. The humor and content of this movie is more suited for teens than adults, but adults might enjoy it, too. Although I sometimes question why Jesse Metcalfe was cast as John Tucker, I think everyone was suited for their roles. "John Tucker Must Die" is a cute comedy that I could see over and over.