IMDb > John Tucker Must Die (2006) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
John Tucker Must Die

John Tucker Must Die More at IMDbPro »

Page 5 of 17: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [Next]

Don't waste your time watching this crap.

Author: KimShakeable3 from United States
23 January 2007

This movie looked stupid even before I saw it. Do not waste your time watching this movie if you think you're going to find humor in this. Though this film is considered a Chick-Flick I'm sure even women find this movie ridiculous on any level. You're better off watching movies like You, Me & Dupree; Accepted; Something New and so on. You get the message but if you're into watching tasteless filth or if you just want to see some hot girls than this film is for you. This movie even makes The Fifth Element a good movie to watch & everybody knows The Fifth Element sucked. I personally can't see why anybody would want to waste their time & money seeing this God-Awful movie. What also adds to the useless crap in the movie is there is a Food Fight scene in the last part in the film which is ridiculous & is not needed for a movie that already sucks from the get-go. If I'm going to waste my time watching people make asses out of themselves I'd watch a President Bush Speech on television. Save your Money there are better film choices out there.

Die John Die

Author: bradwhite61 from United States
3 August 2006

I am absolutely amazed that other people found this movie enjoyable. I guess I didn't do LSD before it or something because this movie was absolutely and totally horrendous. It is amazing that something so cliché, so terribly acted, with such a terrible story line and stupid stupid dialogue could ever be approved of by others! I see comparisons to Mean Girls, that movie was actually good and pretty well acted. That movie was at least interesting. This movie blatantly tried to copy Mean Girls in certain parts. The girls are the worst actors I have ever seen. This should have been a B-movie of National Lampoons except it doesn't have any nudity and the girls aren't' attractive. Usually I like Teen Movies with stupid humor, but I wish I had my money back. I wish I had those awful two hours back. I wish. But, like "A Perfect Storm", I will never be given that time back in my life so I hope that this comment dissuades people from seeing this movie and wasting their time. I am "Paying it Forward" to all those people bored and willing to spend $10 on a movie. Please do not see this, you will be stupider for it.

More enjoyable then I expected it to be.

Author: DarkVulcan29 (DarkVulcan29@aol.com) from United States
6 August 2006

So far movies I was sure I was gonna hate prove to be more enjoyable then I expected, like You,Me, and Dupree, and Little Man. This begins with Kate(Britney Snow) a beautiful high school loner, discovers the most popular guy in High School named John Tucker(Jesse Metcalfe) is not just captain of the Basketball team, but he has three, and I mean three different girlfriends named Heather(Ashanti), Carrie(Arielle Kebbel) and Beth(Sophia Bush). But when the girlfriends discover each others existence, they bring in Kate to help take down John Tucker. . This movie is a great date for your high school sweetheart. Jesse Metcalfe is proving not only to be handsome, but he also has great comic timing. The women are also beautiful and funny at the same time. Try not to examine this movie, just see it for what it is, not for what it isn't.

Movies like this are killing the art of cinema!

Author: Emmett Fleming from Virginia Beach, United States
30 July 2006

I was dragged to see this movie by a friend, and it was so awful that I had to leave early! I haven't done that since '8 Heads in a Duffle Bag'.(And that's sayin' something!) I really think Betty Thomas should've saved the energy, and made something less predictable and stupid! And this thing about popular chicks in high school has to go!

The movie was predictable from the second it started, to the moment the credits rolled! The whole idea (I know) isn't to make 'Citizen Kane', but to make a funny movie that fun to watch. AND IT WASN'T EVEN THAT! The jokes were really old, and the characters were more boring than the story!

In conclusion, if you see this movie, you obviously don't know what a good movie is. Save your money! 1 out of 10! Be glad it's at least getting a 1!

He's Broken Their Hearts

Author: bkoganbing from Buffalo, New York
21 March 2013

Jesse Metcalfe current good guy hunk on the new Dallas and previously of Desperate Housewives stars as a high school heartthrob in John Tucker Must Die. Not that anyone is planning to actually murder him, but four'girls decide to take him down several pegs. That occurs when three of them actually discover that they're dating him as his one and only at the same time and the fourth just observes and crushes out on him.

That fourth one is Brittany Snow and it's she that the others, Ashanti, Sophia Bush, and Arielle Kebbel settle on to be the instrument of his downfall. He's broken their collective hearts and he's got to pay.

If you've seen any number of teen oriented flicks than you know exactly how this one will end up. Not since Beverly Hills 90210 have so many 20 something players got cast in high school roles. This is led by the star himself who is a great looking 28 year old when he did this film in 2006, but still looking 28.

One of the things they do to Metcalfe is spike his sports drink with estrogen that one of the girls is taking to enhance her bosoms, not that any really needed it. And the macho basketball star begins showing some out of character behavior as such. Which by the way he does turn to his advantage.

I'm sure at one time I might have found this much funnier. But I've come to know any number of male to female transgender people who take estrogen to change their very sexual identities and believe me a gag like that loses its humor quickly. It even caused me to drop my star rating on this venue.

So don't expect too much from John Tucker Must Die unless you are below 18 or a die-hard Jesse Metcalfe fan.

This film had a little touch to it...

Author: Andy Harglesis from United States
12 November 2011

I don't honestly want to say this is the best movie in the world, but I will admit that the movie had a kind of "touchy-feely" effect. It had some heart in it. It was not just another crappy teen comedy/drama film. The acting is pretty good, and the characters are good too. The movie came off to me as a good film, nothing less. It touched me, made me actually feel, and it even made me smile. It is genuinely a good film. I recommend this movie to people. This is definitely not the kind of movie you'd sit through and feel like time was wasted at the end, at least for most people I'd assume. It has comedy, drama, crude humor, and it's definitely not "cheap."

8/10 rating for me. Definitely an enjoyable-worthy film. :)

American college teens and their 'love' problems... again....?

Author: daberaz
12 April 2010

It was a Friday night, me and my friend sitting by the computer, thinking what movie to rent on iTunes. I picked John Tucker Must Die, hearing one day from a friend that is absolutely hilarious, that it is going to a comedy classic in a few years and lots and lots more of... BULLSH*T.

John Tucker Must Die is simply your another "stupid-teen-(romantic)comedy". The story is unbelievable, the "invisible" in the beginning main character is much prettier than the rest of the girls and that's not only my opinion. As for the acting its typical teen-movie acting - you know what to expect. The only reason one might find this movie enjoyable is because there are a couple of pretty girls in it, but that's not a good reason enough for me to waste 1.5h of my life. As for laughs,what I expected from it, I didn't find any laugh-out-loud moments and trust me, I do like various types of humour from Leslie Nielsen to Quentin Tarantino and the Coen Brothers. I laughed about 4 times total, and maximum 2 times, it was a laughter that could have been heard if someone was sitting really close to me.

The movie is not TRASH but why waste your time to watch a comedy that's not really funny, a romantic movie that is predictable from the very beginning till the last minute of it and that's just a copy and a mixture of dozens of other romantic movies, a teen movie that has unbelievable characters...? trust me - you can find better things to do in this time!

"Slut in truck"

Author: Ely-girl from United Kingdom
25 October 2009

I saw this film for the first time tonight. To be totally honest, I did not have very high expectations; just thought it looked like fun and what a surprise this turned out to be! This is by far one of the best rom-coms I have seen in a long time. Like most rom-com comedies, they are funny but only for a short period of time. This movie held my attention through to the end and had plenty of laugh-out-loud moments, twists and fun surprises. I loved the netball scene! It is bound to have you laughing out loud within seconds!

The story is pretty simple but is wonderfully crafted together. Three girls (who have had their hearts broken by womanizer John Tucker) band together with "new girl" - Kate - to get even with him by breaking his heart. I've got to say, the actors/actresses work brilliantly together. You can really feel the chemistry between them. Yes, it is a bit predictable but it is still very funny and well worth watching, especially if you are into these types of movies. It left me feeling happy and good inside. I haven't really got a bad thing to say about. 9/10.

Laugh Out Loud Teen Comedy

Author: Beth Surkitt from United Kingdom
29 May 2008

OK...

So it wasn't exactly "American Pie" but its a good film to watch on a Friday night when there's nothing on t.v and you and a few mates just want to chill out in front of the t.v and have a laugh. The acting in it is alright, there no "Julia Roberts", but there decent and all the cast look like there enjoying themselves. John (Jesse Metcalfe) plays the typical, hot, popular all American high school boy who's head of the basket ball team and obvious man candy. Whilst Kate (Brittany Snow) is the hopeless and clumsy, invisible, new girl.

John is a player. He's got three girls on the go; Heather(Ashanti), Head cheerleader and the hottest girl in the school, Beth (Sophia Bush), Actavist and Carrie (Arielle Kebbel), Know it all and student body president,...all from different cliques so that the other, wont find out. He tells them that his dad won't let him date during basket ball season so no-one can know about them secretly seeing each other. But when a violent, but very hilarious, volley ball match leads to them finding out that he's dating all three of them, they want to get even...

So it's not th best film i've ever seen, but it will definitely leave you laughing and with a few unexpected surprises in store its the perfect chick flick for a night in with the girls!

kinda great but not the best

Author: Savy from Reality
25 April 2008

"John Tucker must die" is a really great movie,not the best of course,but good.The story is funny and easy to relate to in this age,and if everybody liked "Mean Girls" so much,why not this? when there was no real plot line in "Mean Girls" there kinda is a hidden one in this movie - if you really,really look for it ;]. some things are (as in most movies) way too much.some things again are better than in most movies and the cast is of course a big,fat + if you give points. Kate really being in love with Scott and still breaking John's heart (which,with what I think is only thanks to her and not Beth,Heather or Carries work) is a good story, kinda like "10 things I hate about you" (R.I.P Heath Ledgers) only no one was paid for it and Kate doesn't fall in love with him at the end.but she falls in love with "the other Tucker". still,I'd say it's a great movie,better than "mean girls" and just as good as "10 things I hate about you". Even though it might be a typicall Hollywood-story or something, I'd say it's still great and better than other versions of that kind, and as a total,100 % hater of typicall Hollywood-"ooh,I hate you,you hate me"-Ending's-like-"ooh,I love you,you love me"-movies, i have to say - I really love this movie =]