IMDb > Queen Mania (2005) (TV) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Queen Mania (TV) More at IMDbPro »

Peasants, not Queen

Author: Simon Edwards from United Kingdom
12 May 2005

For a band that I would cite as one of the greatest bands in history, this was a very appalling tribute to Queen.

Freddie, as we all know to be one of the greatest showmen and singers in history should have had a greater tribute then the one ITV had put together.

It all started off with Mel C singing "One Vision". Mel C is not someone I particularly like and to have her sing one of the best rock songs in music should give Queen fans an excuse to go ahead and shoot her.

"I Want To Break Free" by the lads from Coronation Street was funny to watch, but none of them could really sing so there was not much point.

Lesley Garret was the only decent performer there and the way she sang Barcellona was a fantastic tribute to one Freddie's greatest songs - shame about G4.

I love "Somebody To Love" but I though Heather Small didn't do a particularly decent job especially when you see the way Freddie performed it live.

Toyah Wilcox was horrible and shouldn't have been allowed to appear on stage, never mind sing. Tony Christie was embarrassing and G4 just ruined the greatest song in history.

The only things I really liked about this show and the only fact that made me give this more then a 1 were the short films that they showed of Freddie. But they ruined even that by putting awful interviews in it.

Zoe Ball was enthusiastic but even she could not save this appalling excuse of a tribute to the real Majesty's of Rock. Next time, ITV should just show the best of Queen On Film.

Simply Awful...

Author: LiterateSideUp from United Kingdom
9 May 2005

When are they going to learn? You'll never even get close to the level that Queen set. To see some of the washed up idiots they get to sing some of the best known Queen songs around... I didn't know if I should laugh or cry, really.

I had high expectations for this show. I was hoping for a recorded message from Brian and Roger at least. No. We get Zoe Ball. Great consolation prize, eh? The terrible presenter set aside, I nearly got on my knees and prayed that G4 didn't do Bohemian Rhapsody. They butcher it every single time they do it. There's a little saying in my house whenever G4 are on stage and singing. It goes like this: 'Oh, please no, don't walk.' Say it in a pleading voice three or four times over. Every single time they just walk forward and pretend they are It! The only fun I got out of watching these four fools was when a family member pointed to Matthew and said 'He sings for doughnuts on the end! 'Can I have my doughnuts now? No, No, No, No, No, No, No!'

And Tony Christie! I expected more than that! Oh my God, I was in hysterics by the time he came on! It hurt to breath as I heard him sing. Just another loser trying to hold up a long-dead career. Mel C, I almost switched of the TV there and then. She should find herself some new clothes and a new life, idiot.

The only good singer was the lady who was singing the part of Monseratt Cabell. My hat goes off to her, singing against so many no-hopes.

I had to leave the room when one act came on. I think it was 'Don't Stop Me Now.' It pained me to hear.

In all, this show just wasn't fit for national broadcast. 1/10.