IMDb > Jack-Jack Attack (2005) (V) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Jack-Jack Attack

Jack-Jack Attack (V) More at IMDbPro »

Page 1 of 4:[1] [2] [3] [4] [Next]

A wonderfully distinctive voice with an expanded opportunity to shine!

Author: gklinglesmith from Louisville, KY
5 May 2005

I am consistently impressed by Pixar films. I have usually seen the 'parent' film (in this case "The Incredibles") which prompts me to buy the DVD. I particularly enjoy the shorts for the most profound of reasons...they make me laugh. Jack Jack Attack does just that. I laugh until I cry...every time I watch. It's a good story line with good writing and (of course) good animation. But most of all, I was delighted to see & hear one of my favorite cameo characters from "The Incredibles": Kari, the babysitter (as voiced by Bret Parker). Ms. Parker exhibits great comedic timing and character and has a wonderfully distinctive voice with an expanded opportunity to shine in Jack Jack Attack. The only other voice that tickles me so consistently is that of the great Bert Lahr as the Cowardly Lion in The Wizard of Oz. Now, that's pretty exalted company! Bravo, Pixar! Keep 'um coming...and let's hear more from Bret Parker. (You go, girl!)

Cute little DVD Extra

Author: Ddey65 from United States
3 June 2005

Some DVD Extras are of scenes that are so good, you know they should've been in the original movie. This is not one of them -- it's so good it shouldn't be in the original movie. If you're one of the few who hasn't seen THE INCREDIBLES,(2004) I strongly suggest doing so, and I should also add that doing so ought to be a requirement before seeing JACK-JACK ATTACK(2005), because to do otherwise would spoil the ending of the original movie.

As Brad Bird narrates on Disc 2, he likes movies in the theaters as much as he likes DVD's. So he made this animated short telling viewers what kind of chaos went on while Jack-Jack Parr was being taken care of as the rest of the Parr family was out saving the world from Syndrome. Judging by the phone calls with Helen Parr, it sounds like some evildoer got to Kari(wrong), and we wonder if this babysitter survived(she did). But since this is a short, that's all I'm going to tell you about it. You'll have to get a copy of THE INCREDIBLES on DVD yourself.

Light-hearted, comical entertainment

Author: Morgan Larken from Australia
22 August 2012

A somewhat awkward yet overly-confident teen babysitter brushes a mother off when caring for a seemingly harmless infant – who in fact harbors incredible superpowers. The short film 'Jack-Jack Attack,' an extension on what could've occurred in the Walt Disney animation 'The Incredibles,' follows this babysitter, Kari, as she struggles to control Jack-Jack, the cheeky juvenile as he experiments with his gifts. To poor Kari's dismay, Jack-Jack's mother cannot be contacted; she is left at the mercy of the child. Kari lands herself in an FBI interrogation room to face the music after the night's events and an unexpected visitor.

This short-film evidently features on 'The Incredibles' film disk, and hence is intended for the same audience. However, the plot is thoroughly engaging for an audience of all ages and gender – the idea of a helpless babysitter at the mercy of an infant may be cliché, but when the child takes on dazzling abnormal abilities, the mix becomes more intriguing. Aside from this, the animation in the short film is of high quality, clearly depicting humanoid emotions through the eyes and facial features. The main characters are constructed quite believably; the confident babysitter rapidly deteriorating in energy and patience, a sheen of sweat developing over her forehead, cheeks and eyes growing sunken and red-rimmed; the child Jack-Jack, bright-eyed as he giggles and gurgles through the night, finding this game with his babysitter splendid. It's fair to say 'Jack-Jack Attack' is a highly amusing, humorous short film suitable for everyone.

'Jack-Jack Attack' is a marvellous short extension on the animation 'The Incredibles'. Winning traits of the short film are an engaging and humorous plot, a high quality animation and intriguing and believable characters. 'Jack-Jack Attack' is a brilliantly constructed, laugh-out- loud short film thoroughly enjoyable by a wide audience – light-hearted, comical entertainment.

"Jack-Jack Attacks" is a delightful story. 9/10

Author: atena4 from Australia
21 August 2012

'Jack-Jack Attacks' is exactly what we were expecting from 'Walt Disney' and 'Pixar', a cute animation with an adorable story-line. Originally, this scene was meant to be included in the film, 'Incredibles', but was ultimately cut before the film's release to be included in the DVD edition. The short film is targeted at quite a broad audience, much like the 'Incredibles'. The short is based around the baby-sitter, "Kari. Like Carrie, except with a K instead of a C, and then an A, and then one R instead of 2 and an I instead of an IE", whilst she baby-sits little Jack-Jack, who lives in a family of superheroes with no powers, or so they think.

'Jack-Jack Attacks' is written with a quirky story-line and adorable animations, the relationships created with its characters are able to be enjoyed by a wide variety of audiences. Every viewer is able to appreciate the sticky situation that the Parker family have put Kari in, baby-sitting a child that is constantly showing off his, not so child- friendly, super-powers. Kari's original personality makes her a delight to watch, furiously attempting to remain in control of a situation that has gone off the rails. Some of the humour within the film is targeting an audience above the children who we would assume it would have been for, such as the reason why the 'sitter' couldn't have gone walking around with 'b-s' on his costume.

This short-film was just as we had all expected, humorous and a little quirky. It really made me want to see the 'Incredibles' again. Congratulations Pixar and Walt Disney, for another amazing short, well scripted and animated. Although it has been taken from the "Incredibles" it can still be understood as a stand-alone. With its seamless jokes and delightful plot-line, I would give it a rating of 9/10.

It's like seeing more footage of a cool movie.

Author: emasterslake from United States
17 April 2006

This short shows what happen between Jack-Jack and Kari when she was hired to babysit him when the Incredibles were busy fighting Syndrome.

It flows perfectly with the movie. Only this shows what we didn't see during the movie. So anyways Dick Ricker the Parr family's lawyer who keeps their location safe from any danger. Questions Kari on what happen when she babysits Jack-Jack.

We get to see her get all confused and freaked out when Jack-Jack transforms and does unexpected stuff during the baby sitting.

It's very funny for a short film. It's highly recommended to those who want to know what happened between Kari and Jack-Jack.

You're able to see this short on the Incredibles DVD.

Jack-Jack Attacks

Author: jess kane from Australia
23 August 2012

*This Review May Contain Spoilers*

Based on the background scenes of the film 'The Incredibles', Disney Pixar has created a short film called 'Jack-Jack Attacks'. This short film has a wide and open range of ages that it is aimed towards a wide range of ages, but I would say that it is mostly aimed towards the ages between 4-14 years old who are interested in comedy animation short films/ full films. It is the background story of a teen-aged girl who has offered to babysit Mr and Mrs Parkers 2 year old son, Jack-Jack. This short film begins with a calm environment where it seemed like any normal kind of babysitting, but slowly the girl become more anxious about how baby Jack-jack can move around the room so quickly. This film reaches its peak when Jack-Jack discovers his unknown powers.

This short film is obviously aimed towards a younger and less mature age of children who are interested in a funny, fantasy, action packed animation short film. They have used an non-descriptive variety language that is used to help these young children in understanding the meaning and story line of the short film. They have done this effectively, helping the target audience – younger children - to understand what was happening. This comedy clip has been given many awards that have advertised it much more. The quality of the actual cartoon and animation its self was extremely good. This made it easier and clearer for the audience to see what was happening all throughout the short film.

This short film, Jack-Jack Attacks, has a very high quality story line and title that catches many young children's attention and makes attracts them into wanting to watch this short film. Its use of highs and lows of intensity are extremely positive and well done. – Warning, Spoiler -In saying this, near the ending of this short film, the evil super hero, Syndrome, appears at the door with an enormous white 'S' attached to his black fantasy superhero costume. The young female babysitter became very curious about what his sign, 'S', represented The young female baby sitter showed her emotions in becoming nervous and so made the comment, "it means baby sitter, yeah". This part of the short story was good in that it made the audience think about what was happening and what the outcome will be.

SPOILER- my review of jack-jack attacks

Author: Kaylah McPhee from Australia
22 August 2012

Jack- Jack Attacks short film from 'The Incredibles' is designed for children of the age of about of 5-12 years old. It is an animated clip, which involves a teenager trying to babysit a hyperactive baby with super-powers. This baby burst into flames, flew through walls and gained incredible strength. The baby-sitter was just trying to teach the baby (Jack- Jack) with flash-cards, but the baby kept disappearing. When someone showed up at the door, she was keen to get rid of the baby. So, without knowing she handed the baby off into the hands of a villain. She questioned why there was a 'S' on his shirt, but he just made an excuse. She was then interrogated by a man about this situation because she gave this baby to Syndrome without knowing he was a highly- dangerous villain.

Obviously this short film is fictional and designed for children of a young age. However, this short film is created extremely well; it is something that adults may also find interesting and funny to watch with their children. This film being animated extenuates facial features on certain characters to make them almost look silly which is a good thing because it's funny. This scene was cut out of the actual movie 'The Incredibles' because the movie was too long and possibly this scene was deemed as unnecessary. Personally I believe that this clip should be added in because it is hilarious.

This film was awarded many awards in the fictional- comedy section. Clearly this film being fictional and animated, offers creativity and humorous situations which cannot be created with animations and a fictional story line. However, I am not in the targeted age group, so I would not watch this film. I would definitely recommend this film to children in the targeted age group. This film being fictional, offers creativity and hilarious situations.

The Unforeseen Consequences of Playing Mozart for a Baby

Author: rfresa from USA
12 June 2006

"I even got some Mozart to play while he sleeps, because as leading experts say: Mozart makes babies smarter!"

Kari the babysitter has no idea what she's getting into when she subjects baby Jack-Jack Parr to this "neurological stimulation". Jack-Jack is the youngest of the Incredibles, a family of superheroes who are off saving the world. They all think Jack-Jack has no powers, but as Kari is about to discover, the truth is very different!

For anyone who has seen the Incredibles, this is a hilarious and indispensable little outtake from the main plot. I laugh myself silly every time I see it. Poor Jack-Jack has to put up with Mozart and flashcards, while Kari runs around trying to figure out where and what he is. All babysitters who have had something unexpected occur on the job will have an inkling of how bewildered Kari must be.

The moral of the story: When a baby has developing superpowers, avoid the "campfire" flashcard!

A Brad Bird Mini-Masterpiece

Author: bnn04 from Cape Coral, FL
13 June 2005

Everybody expects quality work from Pixar and Brad Bird and that's exactly what they get from The Incredibles. Now everything that the movie stood for is continued in the hilarious short Jack-Jack Attack.

Bringing back all of the original voice and art talent from The Incredibles, writer/director Brad Bird puts together a brilliant comedy sketch based on ideas from his original concept of the movie. Bird gives new life to two of the movies most animated minor characters Karrie McKeon and Jack-Jack Parr setting them both up for the adventure of their lives. The short is full of action and nonstop hysterics that run hand in hand with the movie. Viewers find out exactly what happens while the family is away from the home and get more than a little bit of insight into Kari's quirkiness as well as Jack-Jack's cuteness.

While the clip is geared more towards kids than the movie was, Jack-Jack Attack will find a place in the heart of every adult. I challenge any one person out there to say they did not like it. When it's over your only complaints will be that it wasn't longer and you didn't see it sooner. My one warning is to be sure you watch the movie The Incredibles first at the risk of spoilers being revealed in Jack-Jack Attack. Kudos to Bird and company on more, good quality family entertainment.

'Jack-Jack Attack' keeps Pixar's perfect reputation intact

Author: Kalani Armstrong from Australia
24 August 2012

Jack-Jack Attack is a short-film from The Incredible film in 2004 released by Pixar Animation Studios. This short film begins the family babysitter, Kari McKeen, who is being interrogated by the government agent Rick Dicker about what occurred during a babysitting gig with Jack-Jack the Baby of The Incredibles family. It all starts with Kari reporting to Mrs Incredible via phone that she can handle anything Jack-Jack does… or can she? With Jack-Jack disappearing to another room every time Kari turns her back she can't have a time to rest.

As a 13 year old high school student, I feel as though Pixar has fulfilled the need for comedy in this animation with amusement for all ages from 4-70. The voice roles fit the characters perfectly especially for Kari and Jack-Jack as Kari has a perfect lisp for the role of 'braces' and Jack-Jack has the cute baby noise that everybody loves. The story-line behind the film is used effectively as it is a typical babysitting job gone wrong. After the viewing of this film it creates an urge for the viewing of the original Incredibles movie. Pixar uses beautiful animations to surprise everyone and to keep the Pixar Animation feeling we all know and love. Through this Pixar have worked long and hard on this short-film and it has all paid off effectively.

Pixar is world renowned in there Animation reputation with their beautiful creation of films including Cars, Finding Nemo, Toy Story and of course the film of the moment The Incredibles. With the use of upper-class displays of capturing the moment from the Pixar team and beautiful animations for everyone of all ages to enjoy, Pixar have done well to create a short-film for the film, 'The Incredibles'. The special effects have been used effectively in the short film 'Jack-Jack Attack' which is why I give it a rating of 8/10.

Page 1 of 4:[1] [2] [3] [4] [Next]