IMDb > Garfield: A Tail of Two Kitties (2006) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Garfield: A Tail of Two Kitties
Page 1 of 8:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [Next]

Nice for what it is. Silly, good hearted, for kids and parents. Bit slow for adults

Author: bopdog from Great Pacific Northwest
22 July 2006

I did not know this was a children's movie. After all, Shrek, Monsters Inc., Toy Story, etc., appeal to children, but are also squarely aimed at adults. Garfield, Tale of Two Kitties is squarely aimed at younger folk, with a few mild chuckles for the parents. It was colorful, well done, excellent quality, etc. but let's face it, by being designed for 5-10 year-olds, it also had to be really sloooooooow.

Brekin Myer is a charming actor with good vibes. So is the chick--- Jennifer Love Hewitt. Likable people. The British supporting cast (note that the movie starts in America, but moves to an English location soon enough) is also excellent. Billy Connoly plays an odious villain; I find that comedian rather odious in person, myself. But I must confess he seemed to be a good actor--- maybe his odi-osity was due to great acting ability? Anyway--- Bob Hoskins is a hoot as the bulldog, and the other animal voices are good, too. Tim Curry was an amazing counterpart to Garfield, playing the ultra-posh aristocratic English cat, Prince. But again, the jokes are NOT multi-leveled. They are simple, aimed at 5 year-olds. If you take your kids, you'll like it too. If you go with adults, you'll have a lot of cognitive capacity left over whilst viewing it to accommodate virtually any daydreaming task.

HUGE surprise...

Author: intelearts from the big screen
28 December 2006

I braced myself for 90 minutes of unfunny and weak cat jokes.

We were totally, and I mean totally, surprised: a really well-made film with lots of genuine laughs and the kids were all enthralled. Talking animals, a great turn by Billy Connolly (Who got my wife's vote for best dressed man in the movies this year - whoever did the tailoring on this really did a good job). Excellent sets (Castle Howard is perfect for this), and just plain fun all round.

Garfield and his doppelganger are very well animated: you really can't fault it.

Nothing too scary, nothing too rude, and lots of pratfalls, good one-liners, and fun to had by all. A nice dose of sentimentality -- all in all, and I hate myself for saying it, one of the most enjoyable films we've seen in a while - whether for kids or not.

Fun Kitty Movie for Kids

Author: DonnaGraysonDotCom from Hollywood, California
16 June 2006

First, I am owned myself by a cat, so I naturally enjoy anything having to do with Cats.

Garfield: A Tale of Two Kitties is a happy, funny, silly movie. It is much funnier than the first Garfield movie. I think this is mainly because of Billy Connolly, who is hysterical as the "bad" guy in the movie.

Garfield ends up in London, and gets switched with a cat who looks just like him, and who is a Prince and has a vast estate. Billy Connolly's character wants the estate, and wants to get rid of the cat. Silly fluffy comedy then follows.

I really enjoyed it. It is light, fun and happy. Yes, it is made for children. But I think any animal lover would also enjoy this movie. Just go to see it knowing it is pure fluff, and you will have a good time.

A huge improvement on the first film

Author: TheLittleSongbird from United Kingdom
6 February 2009

This is an entertaining film, and is it better than the first movie? Yes, much better! The stunning location of the English castle was a delight, as was the lovely Jennifer Love Hewitt. Don't forget the adorable dog Oadie, who was one of two reasons(Jennifer Love Hewitt being the other) for watching the first film. Billy Connelly was too OTT, but it didn't help with the material he was given. The script was still a tad uninspired, but an improvement. Bill Murray is a lot more bearable in this movie, but he does sound a little bored. The supporting voice cast do a commendable job too, Tim Curry the standout with his aristocratic voice, he was perfect for the voice of Prince. I laughed a lot at this movie, its predecessor is a far cry from that. There are a few cheap gags such as the dog Rubble and the trousers, and some clever ones such as the mirror sequence, inspired by I think the Marx Brothers. Thank you for an entertaining movie, and it doesn't deserve the low rating. 7/10, Bethany Cox

Great family fare - no date movie.

Author: codefool from United States
4 August 2006

This is one of those movies where how you rate it depends greatly upon how you consume it. I took my three young ones (5,6 and 7) to see this and they were fully delighted. At just over 90-minutes it fits fully into their attention span. No one gets (really) hurt, there are talking animals, and the bad guy gets it real good in the end. For family consumption, it gets a 10.

Otherwise, this is a pretty bland movie and is firmly set to entertain young ones. The story is fairly bland, the acting is 'nice' and the music is 'nice', the bad guy is really 'bad', and all the grown ups are generally silly and two-dimensional. For a date movie this gets a 2.

In general, this is a good movie to enjoy a fearless Saturday afternoon out with your kids.

Very Cute Movie!

Author: summers-jacob from California
25 June 2006

This movie is a really nice children's story. I think the people that give bad reviews to this movie, are expecting an adult's story. If you are expecting an intricate plot and character development, you should not see this movie. If you want to see a good story that kids will like, then see this movie. The story revolves around Prince (Curry) and Garfield (Murray). Tim Curry is foiling an evil executive's plot, while Bill Murray is sneaking into Jon's suitcase, classic Garfield antics. I think this movie is better than the first, solely because of Tim Curry's voice-over. I like the intensely British-sounding voice. There are a lot of parts in this movie where Garfield and Prince work together to help the other animals and workers. Its an overall fun movie.

great physical comedy - better than first Garfield Movie

Author: a_held from United States
18 June 2006

First - what this movie is NOT - it is not "deep", "meaningful" or "moving".

What this movie was to us is great physical comedy, with a great balance between "realistic" characters (as realistic as two-dimensional comic characters ever are), outstanding animal training, good voicing (no, its not Shrek, but it all moves together smoothly and Bill Murray is "spot on"), and best of all, a great series of pratfalls, chases, falls, and scenes that kept my 11 year old son jumping and laughing for the whole 80 minutes.

Its also very nicely balanced from a parent's perspective. I found nothing "embarrassing to watch", "hard to explain" or "out of age group." The bad guys are not "scary-bad", but funny bad. "High Risk" situations won't scare a young child, but carry the plot forward, and gave me plenty to chuckle (and sometimes laugh out loud) about.

The baking Lasagna scene is wonderful for anyone who cooks with their children.

In short, this was a great family movie that we all enjoyed.

really bad

Author: crukeg from United Kingdom
22 July 2006

I am among the large minority of people that actually hate this movie. Lets face it people setting it in a different country wasn't good enough to beat the first one.

Garfield 2 starts of in Jon arbuckle's home, and after he fails to pop the question to his girlfriend, she travels to england. Jon follows her and so does Garfield. Garfield then travels around London and gets mixed up with an identical cat. The other cat lives in a castle and Garfield ends up getting pampered. The evil new owner of the castle, lord Dargis, tries to stop the other cat and Garfield from getting the palace back.

The setting, as i said before was rubbish, the acting was wooden and Garfield was annoying. Not good

Amusing

Author: Zen416 from United States
21 June 2006

Here is a kid's film that's truly a kid's film. I went because I am fan of Bill Murray's (voice or otherwise) but I was pleasantly surprised. While this movie isn't in the same class as Ice Age 1 or 2, it's still rolls right along with it's kid-centric silliness. Between Murray's sarcastic Garfield and Meyer's long-suffering Jon, the movie works. It's nice to be able to take a kid to a movie like this now-a-days knowing that no one will get shot and that the language will stay reasonably clean. There will be some folks out there who will bored by this sort of thing but then again, they should remember that this is a KID'S MOVIE. Enjoy it for what it is.

Better than Citizen Kane, Rear window and 2001 a space odyssey put together!

Author: Garfield Garfieldberg from John's House
29 August 2014

by far, the best film ever to have graced the silver screen, first off the acting from BIll Murray as Garfield and Marlon Brando as Odie makes me want to burst into tears over their heart feld appearances, by far their best dual work since Dunston Checks In. The second key role of this film that makes it so great is the chemistry between Garfield, Odie and John. John's performance is stale but all around a nice touch to this masterpiece-John is played by Ron Jeremy and purs his heart (and genitals) out for this surprisingly underrated role, I'm surprised they didn't call this by it's original name, Garfield and John do London. The London backdrops, while obviously carefully angled stunt doubles still look nice and is part of the reason I keep coming back and watching this joy ride of a movie. Side note: I love this movie so much I broke up with my girlfriend to be with John and I have to say, I haven't looked back!

Page 1 of 8:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [Next]