Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie Film for Theaters
Page 7 of 8: [Prev][2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [Next]

The fans of the show will love this movie

Author: The_Amazing_Spy_Rises from United States
6 May 2007

First off, if you don't find the show Aqua Teen Hunger Force funny at all, don't watch this movie. It's just like the show. It follows the classic characters Frylock, Meatwad, and Master Shake through an adventure where they discover how they came to be. ATHF is hysterical all the way through, but it is a massive exercise in idiotic humor. If you like this kind of comedy, the movie is going to be great. The film starts being funny even before the big 3 appear on screen (and the opening scene is classic). I really enjoyed watching the film, and that's what counts. Don't worry about the plot, because it's pointless to explain. Just sit back and enjoy one of the better TV show-turned-movie projects to come out recently. Definitely better than Reno 911: Miami.

7/10 --spy

Perfect T.V. to Theatres type of movie.

Author: xxlivedevilxx from United States
22 July 2007

Many T.V. shows that try to take their art into theaters usually fails miserably at catching the same appeal. This movie, is not the case. ATHF colon MFFT was a perfect transition, keeping the same elements from the show, and throwing in all of your favorite characters all in one long uncut film, along with new locations, characters and even a bit more understanding of the show.

With that said, most of the comments are correct in saying that if you are not a fan of the show, you probably will be very confused, and most likely not enjoy it to the full extent. If you plan on seeing in, all I can say is watch the show on Adult Swim a few times beforehand, and you'll get the gist of it. It'll help you enjoy the movie much more.

This movie was hilarious and clever!

Author: mirosuionitsaki2 from United States
9 July 2007

This movie was genius! I felt like I was watching twenty Aqua Teen Hunger Force Episodes. At first, I thought it was a subtitled movie or something was wrong with the film, everyone was.. Then we found out it wasn't.

I always wondered what would happen if they all met Dr. Evil.. They did and the story worked out perfectly. Best film ever. Don't forget it was hilarious. The jokes were original.. if that's the word I 'm looking for. Almost everything they said and done was hilarious. I never saw that in a Aqua Teen Hunger Force episode.. actually.. I did.

If you love Aqua Teen Hunger Force.. the series, I recommend you watch the movie. Also, the beginning was very odd. A song about bootlegging copies of it.

It's the ATHF movie.. of course it's a 10!

Author: mitsuturbo from Utah USA
17 April 2007

Sure.. it could have had a bit more of Carl being his usual white trashy self, but it worked out! The movie was awesome overall.. so good that i can't really remember any particular lines from it. It was all just... great. It's a damn shame that people went to jail and lost their jobs over some people FREAKING OUT and being OVERSENSITIVE and SCARED (because of our media and government) because of the AWESOME job they did marketing this film! I wish them all the best, as they've done NOTHING wrong! It's ALL RIGHT in my book. This movie lived up to all my expectations. Plenty of coverage of all the regular characters from the TV show! Especially doctor Weird. Thank you, William's Street!!

The most original and hilarious movie I've seen in a long time

Author: craigman from United States
23 April 2007

After reading about 2 or 3 local paper reviews totally trashing ATHF, I felt it was my duty to see the movie in the theater with my older brother. I am a successful happily married 36 year old non-stoner, though I did partake many years ago on occasion, especially during my college years. While I know many stoners enjoy this movie, a lot of non-stoners seem to enjoy it as well. many SMART PEOPLE. The thing you need is... A SENSE OF HUMOR! It may help to be a fan of the TV show as well.

If you're a big fan of Adam Sandler or Will Ferrell, you may not appreciate the totally bizarre, off-the-wall, utterly original and hilarious humor of ATHF. And while I like The Simpsons and South Park, ATHF is just so... indescribably funny. It doesn't rely on current events and does not need to try to parody any current pop culture craze, like American Idol (which I utterly detest). It is extremely original, which is extremely rare to find anywhere nowadays. I hate the way some stick-in-the-mud, ultra-p.c. unimaginative critics say this movie "kills brain cells" when they just plain don't get it. One critic in particular, Barbara Lester, said she walked out of the movie about halfway through! And she thought she was still qualified to review the movie! She should be fired!

Very enjoyable

Author: Stagerequired84 from United States
15 April 2007

First, I have to state to the person above who spoke about the lack of plot, non-sensical jokes, and so forth, you aren't who the movie is directed at. ATHF is all about a lack of plot for the most part, and jokes coming out of nowhere.

I mean, let's face it. Watch the trailer. Notice the flaming chicken...if that chicken makes you laugh, it's a pretty sure bet you're going to laugh at the movie. i do tend to disagree with one thing that I keep seeing though, I know many people who saw the film who were not fans of the show, and didn't really ever watch it. They didn't find the movie as funny. Some of them chuckled here or there, but in the long run, I think a more select few who haven't seen the show will enjoy it, not almost anyone with a similar sense of humor. Of course, I hope I'm wrong, because the show is great, and the movie really was enjoyable.

I do agree they could have had more of a plot, as it did seem to really lack something for me at times, but for the most part, money well spent.

Amazing, simply amazing

Author: Bryan (bryandeth316@hotmail.com) from New Hampshire
14 April 2007

From the introduction of the singing snacks to the end credits, you will be laughing. If you are a true fan of the Aqua Teens, then this is the movie for you. If you have never seen the show, but have heard good things, and you're out on a Friday night? Then you HAVE to go and see this movie.

And since my last review helped a guy get together with the woman of his dreams, here is my next string of advice; If you have a girl that likes to laugh, and she has a great sense of humor and just...a love of life...then you take her to those movie and she will laugh so hard that she will be putty in your hands most likely. This is the type of movie that you think is going to be stupid, and in a lot of parts it is incredibly. There's a lot of this movie that just comes out of left field and makes entirely no sense, but hey that's what makes The Aqua Teens so amazing.

And the "cameo" of Abraham Lincoln is definitely something worth seeing if you have a sense of humor. And hey, with the whole Don Imus thing, if you're into freedom of speech, and you aren't a tight ass, then this movie is going to probably make you pee your pants in laughter.

So yes, I rated this movie 10/10 because it's great. Sure, the critics may not give it the respect it deserves, but true fans will love it, and new fans will be born.

A wonderful film, go and see it.

You Have To Have Seen The TV Show

Author: Gregory Eichelberger from San Diego
11 April 2007

Okay, here's the plot of this newest animated feature from Williams Street Productions: A mad scientist convinces aliens to design an exercise machine so powerful it bulks up a Mexican homeowner, Carl, to amazing proportions.

The scientist then removes those muscles so that he can fight his creations – a human-sized milkshake, box of French fries and a meatball.

That's about it. Oh, there are visits from other, smaller outer space beings (Moonites, the same creatures some people in Boston assumed were incendiary devices), as well as more bizarre creatures from this off-color cult late night 15-minute Cartoon Network (shown on Adult Swim) series. Even the popular Space Ghost makes a guest appearance.

Having seen the program before, some things made perfect sense (in the slanted reality of "Aqua Teen Hunger Force," I suppose). Those who have not seen it (like most of this country's newspaper critics, for instance) are probably not going to get it at all. In other words, you'd have to be really big fans of this show or really, really high to understand what's going on.

This is a fact. At the screening I attended, the fans of the series loved it; while the mainstream media critics had no clue what was happening. "Aqua Teen" the movie speaks well and appeals to its fan base (mostly 18-24-year old males who spend as much time on the computer as they do in front of the TV late at night). This is the dual nature of such niche films.

What most people will probably enjoy, however, was the opening sequence in which we're treated to those cute little animated hot dogs, popcorn, ice cream and soda characters marching in line and urging us all to "go out to the lobby" for a snack or two.

Unfortunately, for them, a more unruly group of treats (a beer, a wilted pretzel, a moldy hamburger) interrupts this parade and begins singing a heavy metal warning about talking during the film or other annoying cinema-going experiences. It's an absolutely hilarious parody.

Whether the rest lives up to this opening really depends on one's comprehension of this barely-intelligible program.

Funny If You LIke The Show

Author: tmcona-1 from United States
14 April 2007

Just hysterical. I loved it. It had a random plot and I absolutely loved it. The Moonites are back, The Robot of Christmas PAst, just hysterical stuff. The humor and the things that happen are awesome. It's like a giant episode thats uncensored. I loved all 85 minutes of it. Especially the beginning and end sequences. If you love the show, you will love this. My friends and I were rolling in the movie theater. We also visit old characters from episodes and are reminded of the birth of Aqua Teen Hunger Force. Carl returns and him and Milkshake provide most of the comic relief. The Swiss Army Teddy Bear. LOL. Check it out. You will love it if you like the show. Rated R for Language, Sexual Content, Cartoon Violence, and a Drug Reference.

For fans of the show

Author: cradleburns from San Jose, CA
15 April 2007

When I first heard about this movie I was pretty freakin' excited...then I was skeptical. If you're a fan of the show, surely you must know how I felt. Here's this really cool show that's being made into a film for theaters, how are they going to do that? Well after months of reading negative remarks on a certain website, and just plain waiting, I have seen Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie Film For Theaters, and it is good. That's right cats and kittens it is the sh*t! I'm not going to tell you anything about it, nor am I going to waste time trying to explain the plot. If you watch the show, you'll dig it, scratch that, you should dig it. It's a no brainier. There is a plot, but most of the good time to be had is just letting yourself go along with the flow of the movie. Sure, there were parts that kind of dragged, but I didn't look at my watch once. Anyways, it's a short film. For those of you who haven't seen the film, don't know what to say to you guys. While I was watching the movie, a patron walked out in disgust commenting on what a weird movie it was. Obviously he missed the beginning of the film. One of the best head films this year!

I laughed. I cried. Afterwards I went home and put on Moving Pictures.

Page 7 of 8: [Prev][2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [Next]