Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie Film for Theaters
Page 5 of 8: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [Next]

Best movie EVER!!!!

Author: kai-132 from United States
19 September 2007

Right from the beginning I started laughing. The Soda Dog Refreshment Squad saying, "Don't pull you penis out, unless you really need to!" made me and nearly everyone in the theater cry laughing. Then when Mastodon (depicted as movie theater food and drink items) threatens everyone if they do anything illegal by running over their baby if they brought it in (babies don't watch this!), or Satan raining hot acid down your throat, dissolving your testicles and turning your guts into snakes (if you videotape the movie) was pure genius. Oh, and that was the first three minutes. After the BS story by Shake about where they came from, I was literally begging for air from laughing so hard/much. The Cybernetic Ghost of Christmas Past from the Future humps everything metal, Ignigknot drinks a "shake" that Err made (old mayonnaise and hair from a garbage disposal), Shake horribly singing and playing his song, "Nude Love" makes the Insano-flex kill itself, it would take me so long to say how great this movie was. There's another movie made out of the deleted scenes on the DVD. You NEED to pick this movie up and watch it if you are an ATHF fan. I guarantee you will laugh till you hyperventilate, then laugh even more.

Nothing's Funny, Unless it's Random

Author: jgrizzle358 from Mount Morris, IL
13 September 2007

And that's exactly what this movie does! Random humor thrown all over the place! A lot of teens nowadays (including myself) usually laugh at the out-of-nowhere, unexpected, random phrases that usually don't make sense or have a meaning. Some examples in this movie (here's where the spoilers come in) are: When Shake first introduces the Insanoflex to Metwad and he says "Behold, the Insanoflex." Metwad sees all the clothes it's covered in and responds "Behold my Elvis costume! I ain't seen this since last Halloween." Another example is when Shake is giving Metwad sex-ed and he draws a picture while explaining exposed crotches and Metwad asks "And them there is the exposed crotches?" and Shake responds "I told you already, that's the chair and the spatula." which really makes this scene random because he never actually said anything about a chair or spatula until just then. I give this movie a good rating not for plot, storyline, animation, dialog, action, drama, humor, or creativity but for just being itself.

unfunny and unwatchable

Author: Roland E. Zwick (magneteach@aol.com) from United States
1 December 2007

There's probably no point in trying to describe "Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie" to anyone who hasn't already seen it or who is unfamiliar with the TV series on which it is based. Suffice it to say, the story centers on the highly surrealistic adventures of three anthropomorphized animated characters: a milkshake, a meatball and a floating order of fries who try to save the world from an assortment of villains bent on its destruction. I kid you not.

If creativity alone made for a quality film, "ATHFCM " would be a masterpiece. As it is, however, the film feels like something somebody came up with while tripping out on some really bad LSD. And indeed if one were actually ON acid while watching it, the movie might possibly be funny. Stone-cold sober, however, one can only sit in poker-faced silence marveling at the fact that there must actually be an audience somewhere out there for this thing. With its bawdy humor, foul-mouthed language and (sometimes admirable) political incorrectness, it clearly isn't intended for young children (parents beware). In fact, its post-modern detachment and minimalist animation (as well as the title) suggest that its target audience is young adolescents feeling their first stirrings of rebellion and puberty, a time when even the most commonplace, unsophisticated vulgarity can seem forbidden, hilarious and daring.

The movie borrows much of its style from animated hits like "The Simpsons," "Beavis and Butthead," and "South Park," the only difference being that those works are actually funny while this is not. One word of advice: if you do plan on watching this, make sure to do so with the subtitles turned on. That is the only way to get all of the dialogue which, thanks to the intense mumbling of the characters, is about 50% incomprehensible otherwise. On second thought, given the quality of the writing, missing half of what is being said may not be such a bad thing after all.

what movie where most of you watching

Author: skokomishfisherman from United States
19 August 2007

I am a long time fan of the show and really anticipated its release to DVD, But when I finally seen it I was in disbelief on how much it sucked I mean come on. Sure it was random and crazy like the show but in a lot less intelligent way, where are the jokes, the setups. I loved jiggle belly, hand banana, meat wad not knowing what an f-bomb is(having him say it for real:( ). this movie offers nothing accept for the origins of the characters and a senseless plot. To sum it up it should of had less Christmas robot more Carl better dialog from master shake, and meat wad, and a story line that sets up some kind of humor and actually goes some where and tries to hold your interest. If your a real hardcore fan you'll get some of it, if not don't waste your time. You think they would try to draw in some more fans to the show with this movie but no, stoner's maybe.

a movie completely dedicated to fanatics.

Author: thefuzmixman from United States
14 April 2007

ATHF:Movie for Theaters is an outlandish and random look into the creation of the aqua teen hunger force. It's a movie geared towards fans of the show and almost all of it's humor is dependent upon understanding the characters, their dialog and how they have developed throughout the seasons. ATHF:CMFT actually pays so much respect and relies so heavily on the episodes that spawned it, it may be the most fan-driven creation ever.

When i first thought about how they could create a plot for a movie based on the ATHF TV show, i couldn't imagine it. How could they actually write a script from all of those random episodes? Indeed, it apparently is possible.

The entire plot, (yes there is actually a plot) somehow manages to take the most nonsensical stories ever written for TV and strings them together to make sense of everything that has happened in the show. If that is a confusing prospect, you will just have to see it to understand. What's more confusing then that is that they actually succeed in doing so.

ATHF:CMFT definitely has it's gut-busting moments. Some scenes were so funny i was actually crying and out of breath from laughing furiously. In true nature of and spirit of the show, lines are so surprising that just the shock makes you laugh. I can't even explain why, but the end was unbelievably funny. That said, It's not a constant 85 minute laugh-out-loud hysterical event like I had expected and in that way it does disappoint. There are some scenes that just aren't very funny and the humor fluctuates throughout.It has a very distinct taste of the latest season's humor which some love and some hate. Regardless, the overall mood of the movie is still fun and there are a large number of characters from the best episodes. Mc PeePants, Ignokt and Err, Emery and Oglethorp -- they are all here. There are even a couple of cameos from the lesser known characters which may take some of the more hardcore fanatics to notice.

ATHF: Colon Movie for Theaters is something any true fan needs to see to understand. It's magic and drive lies within understanding the series and unless you are quite familiar with just about every episode and have paid attention to the lesser details (for instance, the ending credit scenes) you will not get the humor and the spirit of this movie. Some say it's just an extended episode, but i would say it's a bit deeper. It's the inner workings of what makes Aqua Teen Hunger Force what is.

Random Nonsense that makes just enough sense to allow your brain to comprehend it and laugh. It a huge contradiction in terms and that's why it's so funny.

Complete and utter CRAP!

Author: Dizzdazz123 from United Kingdom
24 July 2007

Yes I fell for the trailer trick (watching the trailer, thinking the movie is going to be good and then watching the movie and realising it's the biggest load of crap to ever be invented). The trailer looked funny to me and I thought that it was going to be hilarious but alas, it wasn't.

It's about a meatball, some chips and a milkshake cup going on an adventure to find out about some exercise equipment. That is literally the storyline, nothing else to it! A three-year-old baby could develop a better movie.

I will admit that I laughed at the beginning part with the food playing Death Metal and then I sat through an hour and a half watching this load of crap. If you want to see a better movie than this, see ANYTHING AT ALL because nothing, absolutely nothing, could be worse than this. This makes Epic Movie the best movie in the whole wide world. I wished that I hadn't wasted part of my life on this and now I'll never get that precious hour and a half back, thanks a lot!

Didn't Like It

Author: lamaya43 from Atlanta, GA
23 April 2007

First and foremost by saying that I didn't like it I know I'll get the common response of I don't get 'IT'. Well, for me to watch this movie I had to travel across state lines and spent almost $20. This isn't the type of investment I would make to try something new out when that something new can be seen on T.V. with a preexisting cable service. I watch the show and love it. That being said, I watched the movie and didn't like it. There are two elements, in my opinion, which make ATHF a great show. There is a seeming randomness and chaos, which hides a layer of actually brilliant and often subtle humor. A perfect example is the episode "Dumber Dolls". Accept the premise of a suicidal, drug abusing, alcoholic doll named Happy Time Harry (voiced by David Cross) and the dialog is priceless. "Sometimes I like to cut myself" (weak laugh)"'till I pass out from the pain" OK, that's not exactly what he says, but most of you guys have seen the episode and know what I'm talking about anyways. Not that this movie didn't have it's funny moments, I just think the writers depended too much on chaos and didn't put enough effort into the dialog and jokes. Although there were a few lines which reminded me of the T.V. show, such as Master Shake saying it's getting David Cronnenberg in here, overall I was disappointed

Why Why Why?

Author: shipwreck58 from United States
23 April 2007

After about the sixth episode of ATHF the show became boring, tedious and just sad. When I heard they were going to make a movie about it, I thought, well it cant get an worse.

I was wrong.

Whereas South Park the Move was a great film that not only took advantage of the ability to swear and pull some bits that would have made the censors on TV freak, it also expanded upon the characters.

This movie did not. Sheesh.

Why not the Venture Brothers. Why not Metalocalypse? The only thing that would have been worse would have been Assy McGee or Squidbillies. I find it ironic that the multi-city advertising blitz they carried out (and which got so much press) was actually more humorous.

we are the aqua teens

Author: kai ringler from United States
30 April 2009

i have been long awaiting this one,, and i'm not sure how to take it yet,, i balked at the price when it first came out so i waited over a year to purchase it,, now i got done watching the deleted movie that they shot,, that didn't make it ,, and i actually kinda liked that one even better than the original,, yeah there are some very interesting points to this movie,, i loved all of the stuff that they had poor old meatwad doing,, taking those different shapes,, now that was pretty kewl,, and as usual master shake has like a million good one liners,, that only he can spew,, it's seemed that they deliberately had toned down frylock in this one,, yeah he's good and all but ,, in the TV series he let's em fly fast and furious,, you have appearances by; the mooninites,, my favorite neighbor Carl,, and a host of other great characters,, i loved how they incorportated Dr. Weird into the story,, not bad for a movie,, could have been better but not baD.

Just as crazy as the show

Author: Anthony Fenicchia (Fenicchia879@aol.com) from Rochester New York
10 July 2007

I love the show. The movie offers much of the same ridiculous humor that the show does but for me i found a few problems. the biggest was Carl. He is so funny in the show and sadly does not have much part in the movie at least duologue wise. Also I don't like how they didn't really stay at their house which eliminates even more Carl hunger force humor.

Frylock, Meatwad, and Master Shake must take down a insane exercise machine that is reeking havoc on jersey. They stop this machine while trying to find out their past. You do learn about what happened in their past that made them who they are and what the deal is with Dr. Weird who is funny as hell.

If you love the show chances are you will love the movie. It has all the characters you love like the moonenites and the plutonians as well as MC pea pants and the chicken robot. If you like these guys you will certainly like the movie as they are all here. They all provide their crazy humor that we know and love making it a fairly good transition from show to movie.

Page 5 of 8: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [Next]