Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie Film for Theaters
Page 3 of 8: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [Next]

Hilarious

Author: Rectangular_businessman from Peru
6 November 2012

"Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie Film for Theaters" is simply one of the funniest movies that I've seen in my entire life.

I'm so glad that this film keep the same style from the original cartoon in which it was inspired, instead of trying to do something "epic" or "dramatic" (In my opinion, this was the fatal flaw of "The Simpsons" movie)

This movie had all the delirious absurdity and bizarre situations that made like the cartoon, so any viewer who isn't a fan of this series probably won't enjoy this as much as I did. Personally, I think this was awesome.

9.5/10

I'm a fan of the show but here the content's stretched too thin

Author: sme_no_densetsu from Canada
28 August 2011

The satirically titled "Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie Film for Theaters" brings to the big screen the adventures of Frylock, Master Shake and Meatwad along with their assorted friends & enemies. However, what worked well in 11-12 minute instalments doesn't work so well in an 86 minute feature.

The story concerns a piece of exercise equipment that goes berserk and threatens to destroy the entire city (perhaps even the entire world). Led by Frylock, the Aqua Teens set out to save the day while also investigating their own origins.

Besides the regulars, a handful of the most popular 'villains' appear. So, we get to see favourites like Err & Ignignokt, Oglethorpe & Emory, Dr. Weird and MC Pee Pants, not to mention the not-so-favourite (at least to me) Cybernetic Ghost of Christmas Past. Everyone's voice acting is top-notch though I can't help but wish that they loaded up the movie with even more characters, like in the episode "The Last One".

The story, to be blunt, is not particularly absorbing. Cut mercilessly it would work as a regular episode but it becomes tiring when stretched to about seven times that length. The jokes are pretty decent but the ridiculous ending is a disappointment. I'm not saying that I expected anything other than ridiculousness from the movie but it's more difficult to accept when you invest roughly 90 minutes in the movie, as opposed to about 10 minutes for an episode.

It's not all bad, though. The intro with the battling snack food bands was an inspired touch (though it was also the peak of the entire movie). There's some pretty decent music over the closing credits as well. As for what's in between, the best that can be said is that the visuals represent a (slight) step up from the show's usual appearance.

In the end, I certainly wouldn't recommend the movie to non-fans and I wouldn't even particularly recommend it to fans. Matt & Dave would've been better off producing another season of the TV show.

For the fans.

Author: Chad Halsman from United States
13 February 2011

This is purely a fan made movie, as it offered very little to anyone else but their fan base. It had its funny moments, it was stupid, but stupid funny. The main plot was the main characters Master Shake, Frylock, and Meatwad. It starts off in a bizarre desert setting and then begins with a bit of weird back story about the origins of the characters. I doubt the idea that the creators of this movie had were continuation. The ideas and history does not make sense at all and even to the true blue fans the plot is still hard to understand. However it was a fun little movie that had plenty of stupidity for teenagers to enjoy. There really is not much I can say about this movie, but it is worth a watch if you enjoy crude humor. The main idea of what I have come to understand is that the three characters have banded together to stop the Insano-Flex, and then to find their creator. More random and absurd characters find their way into the scenes as the level of organization just goes all down to hell. There is not really much justice I can do this movie, it is just one of those movies that you either like it or hate it. A movie in which you need to see to believe, and a movie in which is really made for the fans and a homage to the fans of the show. Overall it gets a 60% because its humorous but really made for the fans, so if your a fan I definitely recommend it, but if your not a fan just rent it off of Netflix for a night boredom and crazy stupid movements.

A Truly Unique Experience

Author: NDHFilms
24 January 2011

Seeing the Aqua Teens movie at the local art-house theater, with a crowd of rowdy college students, was one of the top movie-going experiences of my life. The movie has been criticized for being nothing but a 90-minute episode. This is true, but that's exactly what I wanted. The Aqua Teens defy analysis, theirs is a world of the bizarre and the macabre, and to see their crazy world in feature-length, on the silver screen, was all you could hope for.

The movie's plot, and I use the term lightly, follows the Aqua Teens as they try to discover their secret past. It proposes answers to many of the series' lingering questions: why was Abe Lincoln sending the Teens to the Moon? How is Dr. Weird connected to the Teens? How did they come into being, and why? I didn't believe any of the answers they gave, and I'm fine with that.

It's wall-to-wall with humor of the most non-sequitur kind, there's no rhyme or reasons behind any of it, which is exactly what makes it so damn hilarious. The villain uses a giant exercise machine in his evil plans. Neil Peart, esteemed rock drummer, joins a miniature watermelon on the adventure. Meatwad's concert involves exploding kittens. Bruce Campell lends his voice as a talking Chicken McNugget. To have seen it in the theater was to go on something of a magic ride. The best line must be a tie between "We know you're invisible" and "Oh my god... where did you get that lollipop?"

To any fan of the cult television series, it's worth a look, for anyone else, maybe avoid it, start with a Season One DVD and work your way down the spiral staircase slowly.

not their best work but it worked

Author: puttputtk from United States
26 June 2010

Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie Film for Theaters (2007)

The film starts off with a bang. A musical intro by the band Mastadon makes the movie seem like its going to be awesome. Though I really really hate that band the song is the best part of the movie, its hilarious. As the rest of the film roles on it gets less funny, it starts good, like most episodes but slowly it starts to be to long. It shows how important it is for the show to be only 15 minutes long.

As a huge fan of the show, I saw the Aqua Teen movie in theaters. At the time I was somewhat disappointed, but like most of the episodes, the second or third viewing is better. If you are a fan of the show and didn't like it the first time, try it again. on the other hand if you don't like the show don't even bother.

One of the things that make it not really work, in my opinion, is its like the first 2 episodes (which I'm not a big fan of.) The Aqua Teens actually have a mission to do, or go trying to solve something. I know the original point of the show is they are crime solvers but the show works a lot better as them just sitting around and having things happen to them. Since the movie starts with them doing nothing really, its pretty good, The second half however when they go looking for things its starts to slow.

The film is funny, it's just wasn't as good as the show, but if you are into the show its worth watching,

Insane Machine On A Kill Spree Against French Fries, Paper Cup and Meatwad

Author: Chrysanthepop from Fraggle Rock
7 June 2009

I have never watched the Aqua teen series and I wondered whether it would be wise to watch the movie first. It was a gamble and I chose to watch it. 'Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie Film for Theaters' starts off hilarious but somewhere later on a some of the jokes fall flat and I thought it could have used more humour but gradually it picks up and the last half hour had me laughing out loud. These adorably weird characters, especially the paper cup, the meatwad and the french fries are quite a team. It is quite obvious that 'Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie Film for Theaters' is not for everyone. Yes, the jokes are adult and can be described as vulgar (I wouldn't recommend taking kids to this movie) but there is hardly enough time to dwell on that because the pacing is good and the events unfold quickly. For me it's a good cheer up movie but I doubt that would be the case with many. I say just roll with it and see what happens.

ATHF is an Acquired Taste...

Author: brando647 from Spring Hill, FL
26 January 2009

Now here's a surprise...I've seen movies based on 30-60 minute TV shows that couldn't make the jump to feature length and yet somehow a 10 minute cartoon manages to pull it off. Of course, for a show as random and inane as this, it's not much of a stretch to add 70 more minutes of weirdness. Based on the hit show from Adult Swim, the movie finds the team in a race to stop an apocalyptic piece of exercise equipment loose in New Jersey. The film ever goes so far as to explain the origins of the Aqua Teen Hunger Force...well, in it's own way. If the movie confuses you, it's pretty safe to say you're not the targeted audience...

The movie brings in all of the best characters from the TV show, including my personal favorites...the Mooninites. Ignignokt and Err have always been the funniest part of the show for me; I wish they had been given a more central role in the movie. The film is so completely nonsensical, I remember walking out of the theater after it was over and being completely baffled. I thought it was hilarious. For those paying close attention, you can also catch cameos from Bruce Campbell, Tina Fey, and Chris Kattan.

I have always enjoyed the TV show but was never a hardcore fan, but I really loved the movie. Because the movie is so sporadic, it's given it a lot of replay value. Every time I watch the movie, I catch another joke or background element I had missed before. With an awesome soundtrack and off-the-wall humor, this movie was definitely worth it. I almost hope they release another one in the future, which is a possibility with the success this movie saw. Keep in mind, this movie is NOT for everyone so watch at your own risk.

Completely pointless fun with a bite

Author: D A from SoFla, UsA
24 January 2008

Amongst feature length, theater-shown film's more bizarre entries, this cartoon network freakish staple gets twisted and tormented into a 90 minute schizophrenic rabbit hole of nearly no overall coherence. Obviously this type of extreme stream-of-consciousness type humor paired with the under-funded, crudely implemented animation will remain an acquired taste by far, but those that are adventurous enough with alternative jokes may find themselves consistently amused, even if they do not follow the cult show mainly aired at young male druggies.

For better or worse, Aqua Teen Hunger Force tears through it's runtime with reckless abandon, each minute more freaky and less rational then the last. Gut-busting laughter may be father spaced apart then what should be the norm, but the pace remained consciously wacky throughout. If off-off-kilter comedy is your thing, take a chance with these fast food idiots.

Super Colon Blow

Author: Jonny_Numb from Hellfudge, Pennsylvania
6 January 2008

As I watched "Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie Film for Theaters," I had my fair share of laughs, but the experience was similar to watching "The Simpsons Movie" last summer: there may be a lot of funny stuff going on, but the end result isn't very memorable or endearing, and the product mostly smacks of cynical greed-mongering. And what ultimately knocks "ATHFCMFfT" down from a place of potential greatness is a sense of overkill (the show has only been around for 5 seasons) crossed with what has sunk many a SNL-character-based feature: what works well in a 12-minute TV segment almost always wears out its welcome at feature length (even though "ATHFCMFfT" runs 87 minutes, it feels much longer). There is some funny stuff in the film--the first 20 minutes or so (beginning with a parody of theater-concession-ads and a visit from Abraham Lincoln) are hilarious, but once the plot begins to settle in (concerning a piece of gym equipment called The Insanoflex), the pace regularly buckles, and attempts to expand on characters like Dr. Weird (who is really only tolerable in his 5-second pre-credits appearances) are awkwardly heavy-handed. "ATHFCMFfT" serves its purpose and will not disappoint fans of the show, but it may just make them want to revisit the contained lunacy of its TV counterpart.

Even though I don't like the TV show I found this very funny

Author: dbborroughs from Glen Cove, New York
24 December 2007

The Cartoon Network series goes to the big screen-or in this case the DVD. Its a strange rambling tale about the groups origins and he quest to stop the Insano-flex exercise machine from destroying the world. Rambling wildly from thing to thing in a logic that can only be described as ADD inspired, this is actually a funny movie. Yes, I who can't watch the the TV show for more than five minutes, has found this foul mouthed expansion of the series quite funny and clever. To be certain its not for all tastes since its the sort of thing that makes off beat seem common place, but for those with a slightly skewed sense of humor this movie is a funny romp. I don't know what else to say beyond that. If you have any interest in the series give this a try, its so scattershot odds are you'll find something to laugh at.

Page 3 of 8: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [Next]