Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie Film for Theaters
Page 2 of 8:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [Next]

meh.

Author: trimetrov from United States
21 April 2007

A lot of shows are turned into full-length movies. Most of those shows are at least twenty minutes to an hour long already, not fifteen minutes. And ATHF is an awesome show, don't get me wrong, but part of what makes it great is the randomness. The credit sequences don't have anything to do with the show; sight gags and random explosions scattered around each episode; and most end abruptly without any closure.

That being said, the movie doesn't offer any more than the show, and in my opinion ruins some of the weirdness-slash-randomness with a ludicrous "back story" sub-plot. It had its moments of hilarity for sure, but compared to some of my favorite episodes it was very mediocre. No spoilers here, but the writers tried to stuff as many characters as possible into the film, and it doesn't always work. I don't know anyone who enjoys the Cybernetic Ghost of Christmas Past, why he shows up for as long as he does I don't know either.

See it for the opening sequence, which is hilarious, and for the occasional joke that goes right.

And a note to TV-cum-movie writers: Adding profanity can be fun for you and funny for us...but sometimes bleeping and having Meatwad say "fart you" is funnier.

Fun, if you like the show. God knows what you'd make of it if you haven't seen it.

Author: zetes from Saint Paul, MN
23 April 2007

Hmm… what to say about this movie? The first question one must ask is why they bothered to release it to theaters. Perhaps to make the title make sense? That is, if you can make any sense out of the title. The people I feel most sorry for are all the film critics with unwarped minds who were forced to sit through it. Fortunately, my mind is warped and, while I certainly acknowledge that a cartoon that usually runs for 11 minutes an episode stretched out to 80+ minutes is way too long, I still enjoyed it. It's hilarious often enough, and always at least giggle-worthy. The best part comes right at the beginning of the film, with a parody of the old "Let's all go the lobby!" ads. The nice snack food items are interrupted in the middle of their song by unruly, death-metal thrashing snack items threatening the lives of the audience if they talk or try to pirate the movie. And they promise that all the money the creators of this film made will be going to drugs. That I don't doubt.

Pretty damn good

Author: wolfentertainment from United States
4 October 2007

For you to understand this movie (if you can understand it at all) you have to watch the series to get to know the characters, then you watch this movie and you'll understand the sense of humor that they play with here.

The film is crazy and goes very well with the whole ATHF things we have seen in the series, and what I liked very much was that they stayed close to the "ATHF spirit" if there's such a thing and they came up with new stuff and gags instead of using old gags or updating them the way that the South Park movie did.

What I found most interesting was how they started talking about the origins of Shake, Frylock and Meatwad and then they just mess it around by giving twists and turns just to make it ridiculous. One thing I found odd was how they used Phil Collins' "In The Air Tonight" over and over again. All in all, the film is funny and wacky and it will please ATHF fans, if you never heard of the series or what the whole thing is about, DON'T watch the movie, you won't get it.

I'm very disappointed.

Author: jimmy_dean_war_machine from United States
17 December 2007

First, let me start off by saying that if you're not familiar with Aqua Teen Hunger Force, you don't need to read this review any further. This movie has absolutely NO value for someone who isn't a fan of the television show.

With that said, it also has little value for fans. I myself love the show. I don't watch too much TV and so I haven't seen it in a long time. I wasn't following this movie and when I heard it came out, I went to the store and rented it, figuring I could make up for all the missed 15-minute clips of the show with one big hour-and-a-half-long showing. This is a HORRIBLE idea.

I was not expecting a plot. Worse than that, the movie offers one, and it's terrible. Maybe it's the presentation. The Creator was a horrible idea for a new character, he is unfunny and pointless in his role. I'm sure that the back story, which makes many revelations about some of the characters, would actually spoil the show for some fans, if the revelations were not so easily forgettable (because of their lack of humor, if you're not picking up on that yet).

I'll use a term posted by another fan who made a comment about this film: the movie left me poker-faced. I actually found myself forcing laughs at some points, TRYING desperately to earn my money's worth. Granted, I do remember genuinely laughing once or twice, but not which moments I laughed at. They were that memorable, go figure.

Bottomline: Smoke some green before you see this, or don't see it at all.

This movie was horrible.

Author: from Mooninite's Ship
14 August 2007

I do not know what other comments on this page are talking about, but it cannot be the same film upon which I just wasted $20. I went to Blockbuster to pick this "jewel" of entertainment up, and I should have been warned by the fact that they only received a single copy for renting, whereas other, even C-grade cinema, often get an entire wall.

I love Aqua Teen Hunger Force. The show makes me laugh. The creators left their funny in the show though, it seems. There's more comedy in 30 seconds of the show than in this entire film. Wait for the bargain bin if you just have to buy it..trust me.

I have yet to watch the extra "80 minutes" on disc 2. I hope the funny is hidden there. :( It certainly wasn't on the first disc.

I don't know what happened. I really don't.

Author: catbunwars from United States
23 April 2007

I love the show. I simply love it. But is it a show that can be translated well into a movie? In my opinion, and after seeing the movie, not really. Yes, I laughed occasionally, but not enough. To tell the truth, the movie was exactly how I thought it was going to be, just not as funny. I knew there wouldn't be a good and sensible plot, which is OK. That can fly because it certainly flies in the show and no one seems to care. But geez, what really happened here? I mean, only EXTREMELY (notice i capitalized extremely) hardcore fans of the show will find this entertaining and a faithful adaptation. But for all other folks who don't know what this is, or even like the show but sometimes think it isn't funny, they will really hate it or be disappointed. I wish I had smoked some green beforehand. I think I would've enjoyed it much much more. Take that as advice.

almost as good as watching 6 episodes of the show

Author: browndc-1 from United States
16 April 2007

I saw this in a packed theater full of ATHF fans, which was great. The intro alone (which I won't spoil) was amazing - I'm not much of an out-loud-laugher and I was laughing so hard I was out of breath. They kept the momentum going with some great fun with subtitles.

The first half of the movie was hilarious all over the place. The only problem began when they actually got the plot moving. ATHF is not about plot, and when too much plot happens, the hilarious non-sequiturs go away. Also, the plot involved incapacitating Carl for far too long, and he's such a great character that I wanted to see more of him.

If you're not familiar with the TV series, it's not necessary to watch it first. Sure, you won't know anything about the characters going into it, but the movie tells you everything you need to know about them anyway. The thing to understand is that nothing from past episodes affects the characters in the movie, and vice versa, just like most other animated comedies but more so (not even death is permanent).

All in all, Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie Film for Theaters is a hilariously fun time, and it's a shame theaters didn't show it in enough places.

Great TV show. Terrible movie.

Author: JohnESausage from United States
13 April 2007

Let me first say that I have a huge fan of the Television series. I have seen every episode at least five times and some of the better ones near twenty times. The show jumped the shark after their greatest episode, Space Gate World aka Carl. They followed it up with the Boost Mobile episode and it hasn't been the same since. If you like these later episodes, there is a chance that you will enjoy the movie. I was hoping that these episodes were churned out because they were using all the good jokes in the movie. Boy, was I wrong. The film is a regurgitation of the series, except the jokes aren't funny. Maybe if I wasn't a fanatic of the show, the jokes would have been funny, but there wasn't anything new to see. Oh how could I forget about hearing your favorite characters belt out expletives. I could go on and on about why this movie should have been different, but I will tell you the biggest disaster. The Cybernetic Ghost of Christmas Past From the Future, the most annoying character of the series has a huge role in the film. Minus one flashback of young Carl at Christmas and his experience with carpet, I hate the episodes that feature him. The same boring ramblings in the TV show now occur even more in the movie.

Ever since I heard about a feature film coming out three years ago, I couldn't wait for this day to come. It was without a doubt the most disappointing movie experience I've had to date. I had faith in you Dave Willis and Matt Maiellaro and you let me down. IN A BIG WAY!

I was angry at this movie.

Author: blazesnakes9 from United States
1 August 2014

I do not understand why anybody would want to make this movie. I just don't. I clearly don't understand why the distributors decided to released this movie. Of course, there is such a thing as debauchery in the movies. But after seeing Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie Film for Theaters, I had my doubts. This is not a criticism. It is a considerable warning.

For those who don't know the story by now, about 7 years in 2007, there was a hoax going on in the city of Boston. Residents were noticing small neon lit pictures of one of the characters from the late night TV show, Aqua Teen Hunger Force. Some of the residents were frightened because they thought it was a bomb. People in and around Boston were terrified. After the debacle, news reporters stated that the creators of the show did this hoax. It was not a laughing matter. In the case of the movie, it was also not at all, an laughing matter.

The LED placards were used as a guerrilla marketing advertising campaign for the movie. Who in the world thought this was a great idea? Haven't the creators of the show realized the amount of trouble they gotten into? I bet they didn't because to be honest with you, I would sure like to know. As for the movie, it isn't even entertaining let alone the controversy.

The plot of the movie is very pointless since we follow the main characters of the show, Meatwad, Master Shake and Frylock through a very bizarre odyssey as they escaped from Egypt and stumbled into uninteresting and very unfunny characters. The story of the movie isn't at all well-written as it weave completely in and out of the movie. By the end of the movie, I couldn't care less what happened to the Aqua Teens or any of the other supporting characters.

I have seen the TV show myself. In fact, I have always enjoyed the TV show whenever it comes on television on Adult Swim, which the opposite program block that airs right after Cartoon Network is done airing its daytime cartoon shows for kids. The show does involves some of the oddest and mostly absurd humor I have every seen in adult animation. The humor varies from slapstick to sometimes scatological to gags. But compared to the movie, that's not saying a whole lot.

Watching this movie was indeed an unpleasant experience. I have never felt more angry and furious during the entire watching of this feature. If they are going to write a feature-length movie about these characters, I would clean up the script first of all, and then come up with a brilliant idea that can be enjoyable. Maybe have the Aqua Teens be in a situation where they are endangered. The opening introduction involves an parody in which they make fun of the refreshment counter advertisements that was big in the 1950's through the 1970's. I don't know why the makers did this. Maybe they thought that it was funny to satirizes the refreshment counter ads. But, even that didn't cheer me up.

I can't help it to say that it is the worst film of 2007. No doubt about that. There's no getting around a year where they were other bad movies to put on my worst 10 list. But Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie Film for Theaters is very high on my list. It definitely deserved to be number one on my worst 10 list of 2007. Maybe I would probably stick with the TV series.

It's movies like Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie Film for Theaters are the reasons why very bad movies should be cut up and used as ukulele picks. Zero Stars.

Hilarious

Author: Rectangular_businessman from Peru
6 November 2012

"Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie Film for Theaters" is simply one of the funniest movies that I've seen in my entire life.

I'm so glad that this film keep the same style from the original cartoon in which it was inspired, instead of trying to do something "epic" or "dramatic" (In my opinion, this was the fatal flaw of "The Simpsons" movie)

This movie had all the delirious absurdity and bizarre situations that made like the cartoon, so any viewer who isn't a fan of this series probably won't enjoy this as much as I did. Personally, I think this was awesome.

9.5/10