Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie Film for Theaters (2007) Poster

73 ReviewsOrdered By: Helpfulness
Loved it!
ballantyne4621 April 2007
I'm 51 years old -- a suburban housewife. My son, now 11, introduced me to ATHF 4 years ago. At first, I tuned out. Then I got hooked. Now we have almost all of their videos and the show is my favorite on TV.

My son and I just got back from seeing the film. It's brilliant. I laughed out loud almost the entire time and it's not easy to get me to laugh out loud at the movies.

Like some have said -- one either gets Aqua Teen or one doesn't. I feel lucky to be among the former and am proud that my son is astute enough to appreciate the humor also ... The show is a terrific send-up of just about everything imaginable -- including trite movie conventions -- and the film did not disappoint. That being said, you have to let yourself get ready to trip, and I did have to assure the young man selling me the tickets that my son and I knew what we were getting into. Honestly, it's not that shocking and the vulgarities are delivered so deftly and speedily that one hardly has time to focus or dwell.
40 out of 54 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Surrealistic Masterpiece of Epic Proportions
WhenHesOnADrunk20 April 2007
From the days of Bunuel and Dali to the years of Fellinni and Lynch to be followed by the genius that is The Aqua Teen Hunger Force.

"If you do not understand, you should not be here," we're warned.

For those who attempt to make sense out of the abstract mess that is life, avoid. For those who can appreciate the nonsensical absurdity that it holds, view and love. It's just so goddamn beautiful and anybody who criticizes the 'pointless' nature of this film, try finding anything of an otherwise nature.

Please.

A vital attack on censorship, the senses, and sense itself. With animation so beautiful in it's simplicity, voices that could not fit better (specifically the Master Shake), and the freshest thing since Darwinism.

A cinematic meditation.
56 out of 83 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
This movie is great!
psxtradr25 March 2007
There are two types of people, those who get Aqua Teen Hunger Force and those who just don't understand its appeal. Having said that, I am of the former. I have always loved Aqua Teen Hunger Force. For those like me, you will not be disappointed. This movie is great! Sure, the movie goes all over the place and has a zany plot that really goes no where, but thats what makes the movie so good, it follows the same crazy storyline style of the show. Without giving too much away, from the old school 80s style death metal intro on to the end, the movie is hilarious. Any fan of the show MUST see this movie, it is in my opinion the best piece of work to come out of Williams Street to date.
95 out of 147 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
An Attempt at Left Brained Analysis of Absurd Comedy
Thunderbunny715 May 2008
CONTAINS SPOILERS

Based on the original reviews of this film, I was expecting extreme randomness and the essence of simply four episodes strung together. That's not what it was at all. The entire show was quite coherent throughout, although I will concede only if you had the mental makeup to appreciate absurdity as a vehicle for comedy.

One of the characteristics about great sci-fi is the ability to take complex social issues, apply them to a different world altogether taking any personal biasness out of the equation, then re-examine the problem in a way that simplifies the problems and makes more sense out of them. This wasn't great sci-fi, but it did include this characteristic and was Douglas Adams-esqe in it's capacity to think completely outside of the box.

The movie features the Aqua Teen Hunger Force. They are unique in appearance and therefore stuck together with a familial relationship. Frylock is the logical and responsible one, Master Shake is abrasive and aggressive yet lacking common sense or intelligence (very much like a teenager who thinks jackass is brilliant programming and deems himself intelligent for knowing good TV when he sees it) and Meatwad, who is naive and irresponsible, but otherwise good hearted and just along for the ride. They know not where they come from, but are making the most of life in New Jersey and have a nextdoor neighbor who is a Ron Jeremy wannabe named "Carl" (who also owns a pool which makes him 'better' than most).

For those that deem themselves of higher intelligence, you should at least be able to appreciate the manner in which characteristics of the stupid are brought out to play in this world. The rest of the cast are very lifelike in the fact that the less intelligent they are the more aggressive and greedier they are. The Moonites are two dimensional and resemble atari figures and have lame 70's technology to match, yet are full of smack talk. I knew a 5'4" drummer just like this. The Plutonians consist of Oglethorp, who is also quite dumb but yet has an apparent leadership role, and his compatriot Emory. Emory is obviously more "with it" yet he just goes along with the ride much like the employees in "The Office". Finally there is the Cybernetic Ghost of Christmas Past, who comes onto the scene as one of great capability including the apparent ability to look into the past, present and future. Although he speaks authoritavely and confidently as one with this knowledge, in truth he knows as little as everyone else and just likes talking. He is the great uncle you try and avoid at reunions. "A thousand years ago I ran for treasurer of the student council..." I'm still laughing at that.

The team tries to put together a piece of exercise equipment (ne'er an easy thing to do) even though they are warned not to, which leads to the potential destruction of mankind to the tune of a one-line techno song, which I found extremely poetic (the manner in which it moved was likewise hilarious). All of this perpetrated by a talking watermelon slice who is lucky enough to have Neil Peart, the drummer for the greatest rock group on Earth, to have as a compatriot.

Is it as funny as the "Knights Who Say Ni"? I certainly think so.

Admittedly, Walter's rational for creation was a little lame, but one could say it gives tribute to those who wonder if life on Earth was created simply to provide entertainment to our creators.

Another brilliant aspect of the show was the timing. Space Ghost C2C (which many of the ATHF producers worked on before this) was brilliant for it's pauses...something ludicrous and somewhat inane would be said and there would oftentimes be a pause as everyone stood perfectly still with perhaps a blinking or two before any kind of response. The ATHF movie introduces another dimension of this...Character 1 would say something inane (often times the hilarious Cybernetic Ghost of Christmas Past), then there would be a humorous pause, then a 2nd character would reply in an attempt to make sense of what Character 1 said and instead of a return pause, Character 1 would answer immediately and crisply although even more inane in order to support the first statement.

Finally, a note about the beginning. After the beginning musical sequences, there is a story set in New York thousands of years ago at 3 PM in 1492 which appears to take place in Egypt. Many are confused by this, but you should know this not part of the greater plot. It is simply Master Shake telling a story. He is not a procurator of the Truth, nor is he intelligent, but he tries to make up for it in aggressiveness and stubbornness. Therefore, everything is made up on the go and loosely strung together. What follows is the opening theme of the movie, THEN the actual movie begins.

In short, this movie is not stupid. In fact, this movie patronizes the irresponsibility, greediness and shortsightedness of the majority in today's world. Shake, Meatwad and most of the minor characters will rely on Frylock only to the extent they get what they want, then once again cast reason aside until the next "high". Shake even goes so far as to shoot Meatwad in the head while clowning around and not considering anything about the consequences of his actions. Once again, it is the Wise to the rescue in the form of the Professor (Mr. Peart). Never once do Shake, Meatwad or Oglethorp give credence to other's ability but instead try to take credit for the work of others. Inane? Yes. Absurd? Definitely.

But stupid? I don't think so.
8 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
True To Itself and HILARIOUS
Harbinger7016 April 2007
This is the official Aqua Teen Hunger Force movie...and it delivers only as Aqua Teen can. Master Shake, Meatwad, Carl, the Mooninites....everyone's here, with a couple fun cameos here and there.

Non-fans take note - if you've never seen the show, this movie will likely make NO SENSE WHATSOEVER. Here's something you might not know either: it's meant to be that way. The movie is as random and inappropriate as the TV show, and I loved every minute of it.

There are a few times when the movie slows down, but you have to admit that it has one of the most catching opening sequences. You almost HAVE to watch it after that...and chances are, you'll probably love what you see.
35 out of 50 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
The Height of Absurdist Cinema
cortbassist8914 April 2007
This movie was the funniest movie I've seen in a long time; in fact, I can't remember a single movie that literally made me laugh out loud the entire movie.

Whether you'll like this movie or not will depend on if you enjoy absurdist humor, such as the ATHF TV show. If you do enjoy absurdism, I guarantee you, this movie is the absolute pennacle in absurdist hurmor and cinema.

Rest assured, Aqua Teen fans, this movie will definitely fulfill and surpass all your expectations for an Aqua Teen movie.

Oh, and don't bring your babies. Not because it's bad for them but no one likes a goddamn crying baby in a movie theater.
63 out of 100 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Rude, Crude, Offensive, and Extremely Funny!
CrassActionHero13 April 2007
Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie Film for Theaters (2007)

Review: I love the series. Now Williams Street has brought The Aqua Teens to the theaters. Is This good? Yep. It is.

Aqua Teen is all about fun. This movie starts off with an incredible Thrash metal intro to tell the audience to shut-up and watch the movie with hostility and fury. This is brilliant. Complete with lyrical subtitles. The lyrics are hilarious. The whole theater was laughing and gave a round of applause afterwords. This has to be seen in theaters!

As for the movie, If you like the series, you will love this. This is all dumb-ass comedy that the Aqua teens have given us for years only on the big screen and unedited curse words to boot. The boys at Williams Street do not hold back on the crude, vulgar, and offensive humor. The Aqua Teens are on the move to make you laugh. The whole theater was in stitches. Amusing stuff to say the least.

This movie is not about the use of your brain, it's about taking that brain of yours, and chucking it out the freaking window and then running it over with a tank. Let go of your mind and laugh like an idiot. It feels good to be so stupid.

The Last Word: The Aqua Teens are here! This is exactly what you will expect in an Aqua Teen movie. Makes me happy. For the fans only, though newbies are always available to hop aboard the ship before it takes off without ya. See it!
32 out of 48 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Very much Aqua Teen.
OgreSamanosuke16 April 2007
If the title in all it's absurdity didn't already warn you, this movie is typical Aqua Teen Hunger Force insanity. And in running with the show's tradition of absurdity, came out to be an epic moment in their history. Granted, much like the show it is definitely not for everyone, and certainly not for children. If you like the show and it's bizarre moments, you'll most certainly love the movie. But if you have never caught the show or don't care for it, you're likely better off going to see something else or picking up an episode or two of the show first.

Definitely worth it for fans, it had me rolling in laughter. Best laugh I've had at the theater in ages.
22 out of 34 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Star-wipe!!!!.....
amcint0113 April 2007
If you have never seen the series, there are little things that have been layered into the film that you might miss that can make it really enjoyable.

A few points I loved about it: The cybernetic ghost of Christmas past from the future and the plutonians play a HUGE hilarious role. I loved seeing them, and I was glad to see a little less of the mooninites, whom I don't consider very funny. There are actually a lot of twists and turns, that actually hold a kinda pseudo-plot, and as many reviewers have said already and will continue to say, as long as you walk into this not expecting much past the most glorified ATHF episode ever, you will not be disappointed.

It is wonderfully refreshing to see animators and writers who understand their audience so well, and can play so well to everything they love. These three characters and the world they live in are the finest examples of 'for the fans, by the fans' of whatever this new genereation of comedy is. I was lucky enough to see this with a packed theater of people who appreciate it, and it made all the difference.

"DRUM SOLO OF LIFE!"
21 out of 33 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Best that could be done
jake_adams-116 April 2007
Given the unique ironic brand of post-modern absurdist style humour that the TV show essentially is--how then does one turn it into a 90 minute movie? I was almost hoping for a series of stories, but they did one big story. It's certainly more a treat for the fans than for the unitiated. Some things work, but it does start to drag after a while. The refreshing thing is that the movie doesn't care--it's an outright F-you to the audience and as they tell you (hilariously) at the start you can leave cause they have your money already. How many movies would do that? Aside from all that, the characters are truelly amazing and they stayed true to them. Not sure how I feel about some of the revelations--but whatever.
22 out of 35 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
meh.
trimetrov21 April 2007
A lot of shows are turned into full-length movies. Most of those shows are at least twenty minutes to an hour long already, not fifteen minutes. And ATHF is an awesome show, don't get me wrong, but part of what makes it great is the randomness. The credit sequences don't have anything to do with the show; sight gags and random explosions scattered around each episode; and most end abruptly without any closure.

That being said, the movie doesn't offer any more than the show, and in my opinion ruins some of the weirdness-slash-randomness with a ludicrous "back story" sub-plot. It had its moments of hilarity for sure, but compared to some of my favorite episodes it was very mediocre. No spoilers here, but the writers tried to stuff as many characters as possible into the film, and it doesn't always work. I don't know anyone who enjoys the Cybernetic Ghost of Christmas Past, why he shows up for as long as he does I don't know either.

See it for the opening sequence, which is hilarious, and for the occasional joke that goes right.

And a note to TV-cum-movie writers: Adding profanity can be fun for you and funny for us...but sometimes bleeping and having Meatwad say "fart you" is funnier.
12 out of 19 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Fun, if you like the show. God knows what you'd make of it if you haven't seen it.
zetes23 April 2007
Hmm… what to say about this movie? The first question one must ask is why they bothered to release it to theaters. Perhaps to make the title make sense? That is, if you can make any sense out of the title. The people I feel most sorry for are all the film critics with unwarped minds who were forced to sit through it. Fortunately, my mind is warped and, while I certainly acknowledge that a cartoon that usually runs for 11 minutes an episode stretched out to 80+ minutes is way too long, I still enjoyed it. It's hilarious often enough, and always at least giggle-worthy. The best part comes right at the beginning of the film, with a parody of the old "Let's all go the lobby!" ads. The nice snack food items are interrupted in the middle of their song by unruly, death-metal thrashing snack items threatening the lives of the audience if they talk or try to pirate the movie. And they promise that all the money the creators of this film made will be going to drugs. That I don't doubt.
13 out of 21 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Great TV show. Terrible movie.
JohnESausage13 April 2007
Let me first say that I have a huge fan of the Television series. I have seen every episode at least five times and some of the better ones near twenty times. The show jumped the shark after their greatest episode, Space Gate World aka Carl. They followed it up with the Boost Mobile episode and it hasn't been the same since. If you like these later episodes, there is a chance that you will enjoy the movie. I was hoping that these episodes were churned out because they were using all the good jokes in the movie. Boy, was I wrong. The film is a regurgitation of the series, except the jokes aren't funny. Maybe if I wasn't a fanatic of the show, the jokes would have been funny, but there wasn't anything new to see. Oh how could I forget about hearing your favorite characters belt out expletives. I could go on and on about why this movie should have been different, but I will tell you the biggest disaster. The Cybernetic Ghost of Christmas Past From the Future, the most annoying character of the series has a huge role in the film. Minus one flashback of young Carl at Christmas and his experience with carpet, I hate the episodes that feature him. The same boring ramblings in the TV show now occur even more in the movie.

Ever since I heard about a feature film coming out three years ago, I couldn't wait for this day to come. It was without a doubt the most disappointing movie experience I've had to date. I had faith in you Dave Willis and Matt Maiellaro and you let me down. IN A BIG WAY!
18 out of 34 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
I don't know what happened. I really don't.
catbunwars23 April 2007
I love the show. I simply love it. But is it a show that can be translated well into a movie? In my opinion, and after seeing the movie, not really. Yes, I laughed occasionally, but not enough. To tell the truth, the movie was exactly how I thought it was going to be, just not as funny. I knew there wouldn't be a good and sensible plot, which is OK. That can fly because it certainly flies in the show and no one seems to care. But geez, what really happened here? I mean, only EXTREMELY (notice i capitalized extremely) hardcore fans of the show will find this entertaining and a faithful adaptation. But for all other folks who don't know what this is, or even like the show but sometimes think it isn't funny, they will really hate it or be disappointed. I wish I had smoked some green beforehand. I think I would've enjoyed it much much more. Take that as advice.
14 out of 27 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
almost as good as watching 6 episodes of the show
browndc-116 April 2007
I saw this in a packed theater full of ATHF fans, which was great. The intro alone (which I won't spoil) was amazing - I'm not much of an out-loud-laugher and I was laughing so hard I was out of breath. They kept the momentum going with some great fun with subtitles.

The first half of the movie was hilarious all over the place. The only problem began when they actually got the plot moving. ATHF is not about plot, and when too much plot happens, the hilarious non-sequiturs go away. Also, the plot involved incapacitating Carl for far too long, and he's such a great character that I wanted to see more of him.

If you're not familiar with the TV series, it's not necessary to watch it first. Sure, you won't know anything about the characters going into it, but the movie tells you everything you need to know about them anyway. The thing to understand is that nothing from past episodes affects the characters in the movie, and vice versa, just like most other animated comedies but more so (not even death is permanent).

All in all, Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie Film for Theaters is a hilariously fun time, and it's a shame theaters didn't show it in enough places.
14 out of 27 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Could've been better
sias-programming14 April 2007
This was an awesome movie! I've been a big fan of Aqua Teen for a while and this movie, funny and random (like most Aqua Teen episodes), could've been better. I thought there were some really hilarious scenes but I suppose certain randomness was just a little too much. Personally, I liked the older episodes since they weren't all about sex and making out. It was more of just the Aqua Teens and Carl doing something silly or stupid. The movie was funny and the plot did seem quite random, which was good, but I suppose they didn't have to come at such an angle with dirty jokes or sex scenes. There are a million movies out today that already do that. I don't want to watch another that does the same. The Aqua Teens are already hilarious without all of that. One thing I particularly liked was that the main characters were still the same as they have been. Not like Family Guy where all the characters are written around a script and not the script written around the characters. I thought the characters did still have their same traits and personalities which was great since cartoons (after a while) have their characters changing personalities. This is a funny movie and I liked it very much. If they just took out so much cliché cartoon antics of the 21st Century, they'd have my 10 stars.
12 out of 24 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Thousands and thousands of years ago...
tphanich25 March 2007
Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie Film For Theaters is perhaps the most imaginative Aqua Teen Hunger Force story ever created. The movie gives exposition to every character of importance on the show. Movie Film For Theaters starts out luring you in with a magical animation and leaves the film the same way. Needless to say, the guys at Williams Street and the little Koreans who animated this film spent countless hours fine-tuning this masterful masterpiece and soundtrack.

Unfortunately, this movie will never see awards for its animation or story, nor will many of the world's population understand the message of such a film. This film was made for fans of Aqua Teen Hunger Force. I can't see the uninitiated Adult Swim viewer enjoy this crude comedy, but some may find it amusing.

Now for some spoilers: It's a really long Aqua Teen episode that loses its momentum half way through the movie—but regains it shortly after. It's almost as if there's the first story, then an even bigger story afterward. Here are some spoilers... You'll find out how Frylock dies, Meatwad has another shape to show everyone, the Mooninites steal stuff, the Plutonians actually went to college, Dr. Weird gets weirder, thousands and thousands of years ago, Carl gets lucky.

So basically the movie is awesome. The music from the movie is awesome. You'll be entertained if you're in the 18-35 age range and a male or a lesbian woman. Just kidding, you'll be entertained who ever you are... that or you'll find it blatantly offensive.
19 out of 42 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
This movie was horrible.
delphinus314 August 2007
I do not know what other comments on this page are talking about, but it cannot be the same film upon which I just wasted $20. I went to Blockbuster to pick this "jewel" of entertainment up, and I should have been warned by the fact that they only received a single copy for renting, whereas other, even C-grade cinema, often get an entire wall.

I love Aqua Teen Hunger Force. The show makes me laugh. The creators left their funny in the show though, it seems. There's more comedy in 30 seconds of the show than in this entire film. Wait for the bargain bin if you just have to buy it..trust me.

I have yet to watch the extra "80 minutes" on disc 2. I hope the funny is hidden there. :( It certainly wasn't on the first disc.
11 out of 22 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
A mediocre movie with a ridiculously disappointing ending
jaztin20 July 2007
I've been a fan since the beginning. I have all the episodes on my computer. I'm a fan of the unpredictable and random. With that said, don't buy this movie. Download it if you must. Many of the gags aren't nearly as funny as those in the show, and the ending was sloppily put together for a cheap laugh from the audience. This is what happens when you go beyond your ability from a 15 minute show to a full length feature. It's very evident that the writers resort to cheap slapstick at times because they've simply run out of ideas. To think that people actually think this movie is brilliant puzzles me. One must give criticism where criticism is due, and send a message to those who made this movie that cop out jokes are unacceptable. They're simply cashing in on the success of the show, and it is very apparent. To say that this movie is good just because you're a fan is irresponsible. It's almost as bad as Scary Movie 4. Almost...
11 out of 22 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
I'm very disappointed.
jimmy_dean_war_machine17 December 2007
First, let me start off by saying that if you're not familiar with Aqua Teen Hunger Force, you don't need to read this review any further. This movie has absolutely NO value for someone who isn't a fan of the television show.

With that said, it also has little value for fans. I myself love the show. I don't watch too much TV and so I haven't seen it in a long time. I wasn't following this movie and when I heard it came out, I went to the store and rented it, figuring I could make up for all the missed 15-minute clips of the show with one big hour-and-a-half-long showing. This is a HORRIBLE idea.

I was not expecting a plot. Worse than that, the movie offers one, and it's terrible. Maybe it's the presentation. The Creator was a horrible idea for a new character, he is unfunny and pointless in his role. I'm sure that the back story, which makes many revelations about some of the characters, would actually spoil the show for some fans, if the revelations were not so easily forgettable (because of their lack of humor, if you're not picking up on that yet).

I'll use a term posted by another fan who made a comment about this film: the movie left me poker-faced. I actually found myself forcing laughs at some points, TRYING desperately to earn my money's worth. Granted, I do remember genuinely laughing once or twice, but not which moments I laughed at. They were that memorable, go figure.

Bottomline: Smoke some green before you see this, or don't see it at all.
5 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Did they pull it off? YES! ...and no.
keyser2715 April 2007
With ATHF running 11 minutes per episode on adult swim, a lot of fans were simply afraid that the movie would either 1) not be able to sustain for 90 minutes, or 2) be too much to handle. ATHF:MFFT answers both questions as a yes and a no.

Part of the genius behind the show is the lack of knowing the origin of the characters... people who watch the show for the first time immediately start asking veteran viewers questions that haven't been addressed ever. The show is what it is, pop culture references surface and disappear but are (wisely) pop culture references from 70's, 80's and 90's. As an example, in the movie Meatwad talks about "getting pythons like Chief Wahoo McDaniel." Saying "pythons like Hulk Hogan" or someone more current and recognizable would be more expected of another show, but its part of ATHF's brilliance. Family Guy is immediately dated and will have no legacy because of it's incessant dependence on pop culture, while ATHF's pop culture references are either sardonic or constructed in the creator's minds.

The movie opens with a very clever musical number that is certainly meant to be viewed in theaters for best effect, and proceeds immediately into origins... kind of. After the revelation of that origin's source, another opening occurs and reveals into a more straightforward story... kind of. Dr. Weird and Steve play huge roles in this one, as well as providing a central point to the movie... kind of. I will say that if you like the TV show and "get it" then you will not be disappointed, but if you have friends that don't care for the show or have never seen it, DO NOT MAKE THIS THE FIRST IMPRESSION OF ATHF. Anyone curious about this movie should watch a few episodes on Adult Swim and see if you appreciate the humor before seeing it.

I personally was afraid for the running time. I did not think the movie would be able to handle a 80+ minute runtime; but I am happy to say when I thought it started to drag a bit. I looked at my watch and was 50 minutes in instead of the 20 minutes I was afraid I was going to see. Not bad. It picked right back up mainly because they used the randomness of the show to their advantage without making it too random. Plot lines do run their course in 5-10 minutes and concentrate on another bit of plot. The Cybernetic Ghost of Christmas Past from the Future is used heavily to interject plot line and create new branches, but can get a little old in places. Still, Cybernetic ghost, Oglethorpe and Emory, (the plutonians) and Igniktnot and Err (the Mooninites) form one faction, Steve and Dr. Weird another, and of course the Aqua Teens form the third. There is a monster running amok with a kidnapped Carl and a master villain running around (Walter Mellon) with a miniature Niel Peart in tow. Hilarity ensues. When the climactic showdown occurs between the Aqua Teens and Dr. Weird, you are treated to some origins and some other surprises that can be believed or discarded just as easily as anything that occurs in any episode of the show.

Sitting through the credits will award you with a 5 or 6 second bit that may or may not be worth your time. If you love it stay and see, if you hate it you probably left long ago. Just like the show, the movie is not for everyone. The language isn't terribly bad compared to how bad I thought it would be, but there were some f bombs if you care about that sort of thing. It's got the humor of roughly 6 episodes stuffed into the running time of 8 episodes, so they could've reasonably included more jokes, but the jokes they use require more setup, so it's a fair trade off. Special points for including a special thanks to Jim Samples (the president of Cartoon Network who resigned after the Boston marketing terrorist scare) in the credits.
9 out of 18 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Why Why Why?
shipwreck5823 April 2007
After about the sixth episode of ATHF the show became boring, tedious and just sad. When I heard they were going to make a movie about it, I thought, well it cant get an worse.

I was wrong.

Whereas South Park the Move was a great film that not only took advantage of the ability to swear and pull some bits that would have made the censors on TV freak, it also expanded upon the characters.

This movie did not. Sheesh.

Why not the Venture Brothers. Why not Metalocalypse? The only thing that would have been worse would have been Assy McGee or Squidbillies. I find it ironic that the multi-city advertising blitz they carried out (and which got so much press) was actually more humorous.
12 out of 26 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Masterpiece.
superlamaboy6913 April 2007
This movie left me breathless. Most likely because I was laughing so much. I did have to wipe my tears and I may have peed a little. The movie was aimed for it's audience (if they can get in), hitting us perfectly, without taking away from the quality. Just hearing Carl say the 'f word' uncensored, was enough to make me laugh. It has a perfect pace. Hell, even before the movie starts it has one of the funniest scenes I have seen in any movie in a very long time. It looks much better than the episodes with a crisper animation. The movie allows you to understand the ending credits to Aqua Teen Hunger Force in a very humorous way. My only complaint, if anything is nearly every line (to me at least) that was delivered by the Cybernetic Ghost of Christmas Past, could not be understood. This is most likely though, because of the loudness in the movie theatre and my laughing.
13 out of 29 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Complete and utter CRAP!
Dizzdazz12324 July 2007
Yes I fell for the trailer trick (watching the trailer, thinking the movie is going to be good and then watching the movie and realising it's the biggest load of crap to ever be invented). The trailer looked funny to me and I thought that it was going to be hilarious but alas, it wasn't.

It's about a meatball, some chips and a milkshake cup going on an adventure to find out about some exercise equipment. That is literally the storyline, nothing else to it! A three-year-old baby could develop a better movie.

I will admit that I laughed at the beginning part with the food playing Death Metal and then I sat through an hour and a half watching this load of crap. If you want to see a better movie than this, see ANYTHING AT ALL because nothing, absolutely nothing, could be worse than this. This makes Epic Movie the best movie in the whole wide world. I wished that I hadn't wasted part of my life on this and now I'll never get that precious hour and a half back, thanks a lot!
10 out of 21 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Didn't Like It
lamaya4323 April 2007
First and foremost by saying that I didn't like it I know I'll get the common response of I don't get 'IT'. Well, for me to watch this movie I had to travel across state lines and spent almost $20. This isn't the type of investment I would make to try something new out when that something new can be seen on T.V. with a preexisting cable service. I watch the show and love it. That being said, I watched the movie and didn't like it. There are two elements, in my opinion, which make ATHF a great show. There is a seeming randomness and chaos, which hides a layer of actually brilliant and often subtle humor. A perfect example is the episode "Dumber Dolls". Accept the premise of a suicidal, drug abusing, alcoholic doll named Happy Time Harry (voiced by David Cross) and the dialog is priceless. "Sometimes I like to cut myself" (weak laugh)"'till I pass out from the pain" OK, that's not exactly what he says, but most of you guys have seen the episode and know what I'm talking about anyways. Not that this movie didn't have it's funny moments, I just think the writers depended too much on chaos and didn't put enough effort into the dialog and jokes. Although there were a few lines which reminded me of the T.V. show, such as Master Shake saying it's getting David Cronnenberg in here, overall I was disappointed
10 out of 21 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this