IMDb > "Prison Break" (2005) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Prison Break"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"Prison Break" More at IMDbPro »

Page 1 of 41:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]

This looks like a show that will be a hit!

Author: SonicStuart from Kansas City, MO
29 August 2005

I have been seeing so many advertisements for this show and I decided to check it out and it's surprisingly good! The acting is well done and everything else. The show is about a guy named Lincoln (Dominic Purcell) who gets arrested and framed for a crime that he didn't commit and now his brother, Michael (Wennworth Miller) installs himself in prison for one reason, to get his brother out of jail! FOX had better not cancel this one! Because I'm tired of the FOX network canceling all these other good shows that have potential and they put them on nights where they can't win and they have way too many reality shows! Plus all the good shows that FOX cancels last for 1 or 2 seasons like "Tru Calling", "Dark Angel", "Fastlane" just to name a few. But hopefully this show might last with all the good reviews from all the newspapers and magazines.

User Rating: 10/10

BOTTOM LINE: FOX SHOULD HOLD ON TO THIS ONE!

Awesome!!!!!!!

Author: paodelatorre from Ecuador
22 November 2005

Some people say this show is for 24 fans... I'm not a 24 fan... As a matter of fact I don't like 24 at all!... But I so love this show... I mean, 1 hour is not enough... Gosh, if you watch one episode you'll be attached to the show... It's great!... It keeps you wandering what's gonna happen... and most of the time you THINK you know what's gonna happen but the twists are so cool!!! You could never imagine that coming... The characters: they have this established personality, they're unique, they're not like the typical criminal, the typical good girl and bad boy... they're completely different... The story lines are awesome too... This show is well written, directed and produced...So I really recommend this show... I love it!

unreal!

Author: jasonandchristine2002 from United States
30 August 2005

what an awesome show! for the first time since 24, a show has lived up to its hype! the entire plot, actors, everything was great.

i know some people will bash anything, but not this. this was awesome.

i cant wait until next Monday.

the scene where Michael took off his shirt to reveal his tattoos, had my entire living room jumping.

my phone was ringing off the hook because everyone i told to watch was doing so, and was reacting the way i did.

if the rest of the season is just 10% of the first night, it will be better than advertised!

fox hit a home run right out of the ballpark with this show. finally a show that is in the same class as 24!

Fantastic New Show on Fox

Author: Eagles409 from Naperville IL
30 August 2005

I wasn't sure how this show was going to be, it didn't look that interesting to me. I thought it looked more like a made for TV movie than an actual series. I decided to give it a chance and watched the premier last night. Let me just say that I'm addicted to the show after the 2 hour premier. This show was great, the acting, the characters, the setting, everything was done top notch. The show is filmed in and around Chicago, the prison they use for the setting was just closed a couple of years ago, it gives it a very authentic look. If you thought like I did(how can you make an entire series out of one prison break?), give it a try, you won't be disappointed. Besides, Fox made an entire season out of a 24 hour period.

I was surprised

Author: fairydun from United States
6 October 2005

After seeing the commercial I did not strike me as something I wanted to see, but My husband convinced me to sit down and watch the pilot. OH MY GOD, I was so surprised. After seeing that one episode I am hooked. On Monday nights no one in my house can make a sound while Prison Break is on. We absolutely love it, you immediately love the brothers and want them to succeed. You feel that their failure would be your failure, you want to cry with them, laugh with them.. I hope this show stays around for a while. I know that I would never miss an episode. Any one who has not started watching this show, do so now, you will not regret it in the least. You will fall in love with Wentworth Miller, he is a gem.

Fast, thrilling and good looking!

Author: Stibbert from Norway
27 September 2005

Prison Break is one of the best new series. It's got personality, style, thrills and action. Michael Scofield robs a bank only to be caught and jailed. With him behind the bars he brings a plan to get himself and his brother, who is sentenced to death, out. What few people knows is that Michael is the architect of the prison and so he knows his way around.

The characters are really good. You really get to know them, but just so good that they're still unpredictable. You get to know some of their history and what kind of person they are. The actors does a great job in portraying these characters. I've only seen Dominic Purcell in John Doe, a performance I didn't find that good. However, in Prison Break his potential in shown. He portrays Lincoln Burrows very good. Wentworth Miller also does a great job as Lincoln's brother, Michael Scofield.

The story may seem a little incredible and some facts may be wrong, but never the less it's made quite believable. You believe the locations and the characters and how they behave and react. The story is well written and detailed and it all seems possible. They've managed to give this series kind of it's own style and personality. The basic idea of escaping a prison is old and so you might not wanna call this show original. On the other hand you don't know what else to call it. It is a new twist to an old idea (and a good one I might add) and it is not filled with clichés. It gives a realistic image of what could very well be. At the same time you got the old hero who's out to save the innocent. Yet, Michael is not treated like a hero. He leans more towards being a anti-hero.

The cinematography is great. This is one of those series with it's own unique look. The mood, style and action is well captured in really good looking shots followed by really nice music.

If you should start to watch one new series this year, it should be Prison Break.

Great Show

Author: Heidi Shanklin from Portland, OR
12 September 2005

Excellent acting and well written. One of those shows that you can't wait until the next episode and even more credible than "24" which, I have to say, this past year got a little out there. It's great and well worth your time.

Wentworth Miller brings a stoic dignity to the role, earnest and steadfast. Dominic Purcell is wonderful as his brother on the cusp of needing to believe his brother will help him. Peter Stormare is creepy as only he can be. And Stacy Keech is refreshing as an atypically concerned prison warden. Nick Santora and Paul Scheuring's writing is spot on and intriguing, leaving you wishing that this was a novel so that the pages could be turned faster. I would encourage any who have the fortitude to watch this show. Pure gold.

Prison Break is Awesome

Author: ToddlerChaser01 from United States
9 May 2006

I have really enjoyed watching Prison Break. This show is Adventureous, Romantic, and a little humor all in one. I do not have many favorite shows, but this one goes right at the top of my list. I am hoping Prison Break will continue airing for quite awhile. Monday nights are always exciting, just waiting to see what comes next, has me on the edge of my seat. The actors and actresses are awesome to watch. The series also has great writers. So I tip my hat to those hard workers that make this show one of the best shows on T.V. Keep up the good work guys and remember you have so many fans that love what you are doing. As I said before, Keep up the good work!!

Breaking out of prison has never been this exciting

Author: watchoutforthatsquirrel from United States
3 December 2005

I love this series, and I'm sure a million other viewers will agree with me. I've been watching it religiously since Day 1 and have the Fall Finale episode on a blank tape. I'll admit that I only turned on the T.V. on a Monday in August because I thought Wentworth Miller was beautiful, one of the reasons for the show's success, but now I have been drawn into the show's story and its "colorful" characters.

The prisoners of Prison Break may seem different, but in a way they're all very alike: They all want to break out of Prison. We love and hate these characters. Although some seem ruthless on the surface, each prisoner has his own story to tell, and his own reason for breaking of jail, reasons that viewers commiserate with and make them root for them. Michael Scofield plays a rich engineer and a modest genius who deliberately robs a bank to land himself in Fox River Pententiary, the same prison where his brother-Lincoln Burrows, framed for the murder of the Vice President's brother, is being held until the day of his execution. Scofield had helped design the prison, so he had the blueprints tattooed onto his body. An unrealistic decision made by a brother for a brother, but Scofield's a mastermind, and has had everything planned out down to the tiniest possibilities. If viewers find Michael walking into a dead end in his escape, be assured that he'll, or someone else, will find a way out of it.

Beyond the bars, Veronica Donivan, Lincoln's ex-girlfriend and an attorney, works to legitimately exonerate Lincoln. Whether his exoneration and his escape occur at the same time, we don't know, but her work to shed light on Burrow's innocence will most likely be a cushion for Lincoln's escape-so that he and his brother aren't treated as fugitives. Veronica and Nick, another attorney who's hopped along for the ride, are pursued by a ruthless and slightly more empathetic "Secret Service" agents working for a mysterious blonde woman whom viewers only see the mouth and hands of as she speaks on the phone.

And what is drama without a little romance? Chemistry bubbles between Michael and Dr. Sarah Tancredi, the reserved prison doctor who builds a wall between her and other prisoners, but she's willing to make an exception with Michael. How could she not, when he's gazing at her intensely with those blue eyes while she's giving him those insulin shots...meanwhile she delves into Michael's life and uncovers secrets about him that only make him more mysterious to her, and the wall between them grows taller.

Now we all wonder...will Veronica ever prove Lincoln's innocence without being killed first? AND will Michael and his brother ever break out of Prison with the rest of the crew? What will happen to them afterward? And for the romantics, will Michael and Sara ever drop all pretenses and just hook up? Just watch the Prison Break DVD or just wait until March 20...Unfortunately.

Author: buck-111 from United States
21 February 2007

Prison Break is now on its third successful season and shows no sign of this wonderful drama ending. Prison Break has everything from petty crooks to government conspiracy to crooked cops. One could have never thought that you could make a show about breaking out of jail so entertaining, or could one? This show reminds me a lot of the ShawShank Redemption. I wonder if that movie inspired the writers at all? Even though they could have been inspired, this show is definitely unique. It all starts because Linc (Dominic Purcell) was falsely accused of killing the vice presidents brother, and is now sitting on death row. Linc's brother Michael (Wentworth Miller) robbed a bank so he could land himself in prison to help break his brother out. To do this Michael has the blueprints of his escape secretly tattooed all over his body.

Now Michael has some pretty good luck, what are the odds that he was sent to the same prison that his older brother is at? I would have to agree with Gillian Flynn from Entertainment Weekly When he states, "Let's pause, laugh, and salute this series for being so well shot and acted that these little dragonflies of illogic buzz us only briefly. (But seriously, how lucky for Michael that he was sent to this particular prison — otherwise we'd be watching him in Leavenworth hitting his head and muttering ''Stupidstupidstupid!'' for five years.)" It is very convenient that he helped design this particular prison. What would he have done if his brother got transferred or if Michael was sent to a different prison, I bet he would have felt pretty stupid. I am also very impressed that not only does his full body tattoo look good, but it is a map of their escape. Another pretty amazing thing is that he can actually remember what everything means. I don't know about you but I think I might get some things mixed up.

Putting aside the unlikely elements of this entire show, it is actually rather entertaining. It is very suspenseful and you never know what is going to happen next. Also people can somewhat relate with this show seeing how it is not exactly science fiction. Everybody knows that there are innocent people that are sent to prison, and even put on death row just like Linc in this show. So except for the "government conspiracy" for some people this show might hit at home, making it very entertaining.

The acting in this show is done very well. I have not once said to myself wow he sucked. From the main characters all the way to the extras the acting has been superb especially on Michaels part. I think his best acting episode had to of been when he was pretending to be insane. I could have sworn that he was not faking his mental illness. Another character that stands out in my head that is a very good actor is Haywire. If I did not know better I would honestly believe that he was mentally insane. He plays this part perfectly and makes his scenes very entertaining.

The graphics and the special effects in this show are not bad as well. From Michael being burned to Linc getting in the accident, it all looked pretty real. I never saw anything that looked really fake. I did see some things that were rather unlikely though. Like when T-Bag got his hand cut off and sewed back on. He was about to get caught so he ripped his hand off to get away. To me I think I might have passed out or at least have to go to a hospital afterwards, which he never did. He just put a fake hand on his arm like it was not going to get infected. Now even though this is a little for fetched it does make this wonderful drama a lot more exciting.

One thing I noticed when I was watching this show is that there is no narrator. There is nobody telling you anything about the show. I think that this makes the show more exciting. It is like it adds more suspense to it. When you have a narrator he/she tells you wants going on and what to think. Two examples of dramas like this are Grey's Anatomy and Desperate House Wives. When you do not have one you have to think for yourself. Therefore your mind is racing with ideas of what is going to happen next.

Even though this show has a few things that are very unlikely to happen, it has a lot of things that are very likely to happen. It has a lot of good qualities to it. It has good acting, graphics, and special effects. It has all the elements of a very entertaining television drama. I would have to say that this is a very good show and that I will continue to watch it.

Page 1 of 41:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]