The Hills Have Eyes (2006)
- There were additional shots of Bob burning and his eyes turning white.
- A close-up of Lynne being shot in the head; the muzzle-flash and the direct impact.
- A more explicit shot of the gun being pointed at the baby
- The rape scene with Brenda was a half a minute longer
- In the finale, Doug originally shoots Lizard three times with the shotgun rather than just twice. Aja has stated that despite these cuts, the version released in theaters is still his "director's cut", but that there will be an unrated DVD with the above mentioned scenes re-instated.
- Also, there was an extra cut not mentioned by Aja, but was ironically available for viewing online before the film was ever released. It is when Doug kills the "shotgun mutant" (the one with the head brace and the plaid shirt). In the online clip before the film's release, when Doug slams the pick into his eye, it was followed with a quick push-in close up on the wound. However, the CG did not look complete, but possibly because of the low quality online clip. This being said, it was uncertain if this was cut for gore (the close up on the bleeding eye) or if in fact the CG did not look realistic enough. However, it can be confirmed that the push in shot has been inserted back into the film for the unrated DVD.