IMDb > 24: The Game (2006) (VG) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

24: The Game (VG) More at IMDbPro »

Good Game... If you are a 24 fan.

Author: marcelokod from Brazil
10 May 2006

As a great fan of 24 I was really looking forward for this game, but when I started playing it I got a little disappointed. I was really expecting more because the TV show is fantastic, well then the game could be as good as the show is, but indeed it is not.

The game type follows games such as GTA and The Simpsons: Hit and Run, where you have thousands of missions and some easy puzzles to solve. There are many playable characters from Jack Bauer to Michelle Dessler and your main mission is to stop terrorists threats and acts coming upon the city of LA and its residents.

The good points of the game: It fills in many gaps between season 2 and 3, the real actors gave their voices to the characters, If you are a 24 fan you will enjoy playing it, or if you like a third person shooting game you'll be able to shoot some terrorists as a CTU agent in your spare time.

Some bad points: The graphics aren't that good, if you are thinking in terms of PS2; Controlling may be a little confusing and messy in the beginning; even though the game isn't that long (yes, in this case it cannot be understood by "the game is in real time") it might get a little boring while playing it because the missions don't vary that much, you can unlock some bonus stuffs if you complete the mission and get an average above 90%, but these goodies aren't as cool as they might seem.

My grade: 6.5 of 10. (Just because I'm a 24 enthusiastic)

Good game for fans of the show

Author: simaitk from United Kingdom
18 January 2008

If your a 24 fan like me then you'll like this game, Feature all the same elements of the show split screen real time etc etc.

The second half plot's kinda WTF's going on? The hole Keller assassination aspect was GREAT then they go un-realistic with a hole earthquake plot.

Aside from that great fun game from one of the best shows on TV Also great to see all the cast from previous season aside from Kiefer.

One other problem I have with it is the driving parts and some of the IA movement.

Over all fun game

could they have done more?

Author: jhorwood-1 from United Kingdom
24 September 2006

I bought a play station just for the 24 game! its the first games console I've got since my sega master system in the 80's. I love the TV show and initially loved the game.But, the further i get into the game, the more frustrated i become.its just that the missions start getting a bit Sammy after a while with you just having less time to complete them or their's more baddies to kill, or you have to drive a bit, then kill some baddies and then break a code-there's nothing new to surprise you! I still haven't completed the game so ill have to wait and see what they've come up with for the finale!i hope I'm not disappointed! Overall, its been fun enough for me to stay up all night trying to complete it and now i know how to view the bonus features I've unlocked i cant wait to get home and load it up. ill probably keep coming back to it just to pass all the missions with 100% big up the 24 massive!!!