IMDb > Remake (2006/I) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Remake

Remake More at IMDbPro »

Life and memories on an old film projector

Author: Christian from Canada
19 June 2008

Friends get together in a country house and reminisce about the "good old times." Some now have grown-up children who accompany them and life is different... or is it? The story unravels quite well with good dialog and superior acting from the entire cast. The movie is philosophical without being bogged down by the some times heavy content. A very refreshing look at life, getting old, being free and always finding ways to share, appreciate and enjoy.

Conflicting emotions and interesting group and family dynamics keep it interesting, while there is also humour and fun to keep it light-hearted. As the group sit back to watch old movies of themselves when they were younger and more naive, they look back with the glasses of time and wisdom and find out that they have not changed all that much. We are who we are and we better love our (changing) selves. What happened decades ago is still part of not only your past, but part of you.

This group of friends are able to share and relive (remake) their glory, but differently and distinctly more conscious about it and what impact it has on many levels of their individual lives and common experience.