IMDb > "Criminal Minds" (2005) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Criminal Minds"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"Criminal Minds" More at IMDbPro »

Page 1 of 14:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]

Absolutely brilliant

Author: bch035 from Minnesota
9 November 2005

This is one of the best shows I have ever watched (and I watch some of the best on TV - The West Wing, all of the Law and Orders, House MD). On Wednesday nights, I use to watch "The West Wing", but then that moved to Sunday. I started to watch "Head Cases", but to my great disappointment (though not surprise) that was cancelled. So, on a whim, I tried out "Criminal Minds". I have never made a better TV decision.

Criminal Minds is a psychological thriller that keeps your undivided attention. Like Law & Order, no one character gets the direct star treatment. I have seen seven episodes, and I still do not have a favorite character (which is highly unusual for me). I love them all. Every single week, this is the only show I can hardly wait for.

If you like plots that keep you thinking and guessing while having plenty of physical and mention action, this show is definitely for you.

Diving into minds of lunatics and psychopaths has never been more entertaining!

Author: hippo_butt2000 from Malaysia
10 April 2006

Truly a great series worthy of praise. Many may say that this is a 'rip-off' of CSI but I've watched CSI and it caught me on for a bit, but after a while it just seemed to closed. Where CSI guides you through the story and gives a picture perfect ending and how you're supposed to perceive it, Criminal Minds lets you explore and judge for yourself. It doesn't preach too much and the stories are engaging and suspenseful! Excellent writing and great performances from the stars. It may begin cliché, but if you stay long enough it is a rewarding and entertaining view, and I don't feel it's going to let down any time soon. Give it a chance, or just watch episode 7 'The Fox'. It shows the best writing and acting in the show so far, in my opinion. Diving into minds of lunatics and psychopaths has never been more entertaining! Fantastic!

I like the content and the characterizations of "Criminal Minds."

Author: ccreech from United States
30 October 2005

I have watched each episode of Criminal Minds, and I agree with the writer from Canada about this show (and also about their comments on NCIS, which seems to have more spark and humor than the other CSI shows).

Mandy Patinkin turns anything he's in to pure gold, and I hope "Criminal Minds" will get a long run! The plots are engaging, the cast interacts well together, and nobody comes off as being too "preachy," as you get with some of the CSIs and Law & Orders.

Thanks for the opportunity to support a fine show which is up against some tough competition. I watched "Lost" quite a bit it's first season, but finally got bored with it because it never seemed to have any resolution. Just episode upon episode of wondering why it wasn't going anywhere. In other words, "Lost" lost me! And I'm starting to get that same feeling with "Desperate Housewives," too. When I was a kid I really enjoyed ongoing serials; but not that much anymore....

Shows like Criminal Minds and Numbers and NCIS manage to make you think you've watched a complete story; and from my point of view, I respond to that kind of entertainment much, much better!

This is a great show!

Author: muffiness from United States
8 March 2006

I really love this show. I have always been interested in criminal psychology, and after going to school for a degree in Criminal Justice, someone (my professor) told me that this show was starting up and to watch it.

It is so wonderful! It really goes in depth with how profiling really works. It keeps a great story line all the way through, with many twists and bizarre themes. The characters in the show are established very well, with interesting personalities that really hold the show together.

Crime+Psychology=Criminal Minds.

And that's the truth.

good, potential for great

Author: jayrives from los angeles, ca
13 November 2005

the CSI-ish stuff is solid and intriguing and the acting is good. There are some very nice relationships developing between the team, especially Gideon and Reid (there's a hint of father/ son vibe between them that plays very nicely).

Particularly interesting is the character of Reid and how he's slowly growing out of his shell (combination of slight autism and general "I grew up as a freak" syndrome perhaps).

but there is one gripe that I have. Why is it that the only one of them with a life that we ever see is Hotch. No I'm not saying that Hotch and Morgan should drag Reid to a strip club or to get drunk at a bar. but it would be nice to get a few personal details about these folks. Learn what makes them tick.

that said, I'm enjoying the show and certainly want to see it remain on for a very long time.

I Love This Show

Author: (the_profiler@comcast.net) from United States
11 January 2006

I have to say that this is my absolute favorite show on TV. I use to say that about CSI or other shows that touched a little on profiling. But I love psychology. And we have seen shows that we may have liked like the profiler that we know isn't correct. It doesn't happen that way. I will say that I enjoyed it.The only other show I truly miss is Fox's The Inside. That was a good one as well but nothing like this. I have bought at least ten books on profiling that discuss different types of psychopaths,how they were created and the different psychological issues that surrounds their behavior and fantasies. How because of their bad experience during childhood and after they have learned to profile and manipulate people,the disorganized crime scene compared to organized scene and mixed crime scene and what it tells you about the unsub. Learning their geographic profile. All these things are in this show to give us a pretty reasonable idea of what they do. How they are made. Why they exist and do what they do. I find it fascinating not only to watch psychopaths and their crimes but to some extent through their fiction, learn something about them. John Douglas says he saw John Gacy and looked him right in the eye when in fact he never did so I don't really take his word about what his job was like. But many others, like Robert Ressler describe this profession in a similar way as Criminal Minds. I hope it stays on. It is the coolest. Just to clarify, I like learning why they do it. I hate what they do and how it hurts people. I don't wan't people to think I enjoy entertainment for the sake of seeing people pain or horror. I think you will enjoy this show too. The actors have a great chemistry together already. Reid is my favorite. He makes you laugh when he really is meanting too. He give the crew the most character I think.

Great Crime Drama

Author: Brkl30 from United States
24 December 2005

Criminal Minds shows the viewers that it takes wits to beat the bad guys. The common link between CM & CSI is that the question of "How?" is always more interesting.

The only difference: CSI centers around physical evidence gathering & collecting the pieces to solve a puzzle.

Criminal Minds involves more psychology & sociology. We, as viewers, want to know what makes someone tick as a way to prevent crimes from occurring again.

Another reason why I enjoy this showed so much is how the characters put their expertise in play to solve some of the most twisted people around.

As casting is concerned: Patinkin is perfect as Jason Gideon. If you think about it, he's more like a professor citing famous lines from Einstein, Faulkner, etc.

When I first read those lines, it didn't make sense at first, but as you watch each episode , the lines that Gideon cites has more meaning to it.

For example: Einstein: "Imagination is more important than knowledge.Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world." Gideon is saying that the human mind is the deadliest weapon of all, & we are capable of anything & everything of achieving all kinds of possibilities.

In conclusion, Criminal Minds is the kind the of show that anyone can enjoy.

Criminally Mind Blowing

Author: dmartin-46 from Dublin Ireland
15 May 2006

This is a quality programme, I found it a few weeks ago it was on after CSI Vegas and myself and the girlfriend decided we would give it ago, After all variety is the spice of life. Within ten minutes we were hooked the cast is so well assembled we especially love Dr Spencer Reid, He is comes a cross like a real nervous geek, In his own words he looks like a teaching assistant. I think the stories are very well thought out, and the acting is super. I never thought I could take Thomas Gibson as a serious actor after Darma and Greg. But I think he is so good in this, You can almost hear his brain ticking over as he mulls over any given situation. As for the rest they all gel so well together. This programme will raise the tension so high within the first ten minutes and will leave you hanging of the edge of the edge of your seat until the last very moment. It's amazing. This programme has definitely made it into my must watch TV schedule along with the CSI franchise Cold Case and Law and Order SVU.

Started off really well and had a lot of promise, now not so much...

Author: mutualweirdness from Australia
17 April 2011

In the earlier seasons of Criminal Minds, specifically season 1, 2 and even 3 and 4, the writing was awesome, and the team actually profiled to find the bad guy. In season 5 I think it started to go downhill slowly but surely, with poor writing. Season 6 has been absolutely abysmal, with getting rid of JJ and Prentiss, and the writing has left a lot to be desired. If you're going to watch Criminal Minds, I really recommend watching seasons 1, 2, 3 and 4 in order and judging for yourself but I think you'll find the earlier seasons are infinitely better than the crap they're giving us now. But it did use to be a great show. Now, not so much.

Riveting - From the introduction of the first episode, I was hooked!

Author: ohiofreebird from Ohio
8 March 2006

From the introduction of the first episode, I was hooked! I especially enjoy the quotes and comments at the opening and closing of each episode. Of course, the plot and characters are what make it work. I'm not a "TV watcher." This is the only show I watch faithfully. Other than this, I watch the news or rent a movie. "Criminal Minds" is what I look forward to on Wednesday nights. The suspense, the variety of characters, the humor - what a nice mix. Pantikin is such a father figure for the cast. Matthew Gray Gubler as the resident genius Dr. Reid is a hoot! The women are gorgeous. Shemur Moore makes a sexy Derek.

Page 1 of 14:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]