IMDb > No Entry (2005) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

No Entry More at IMDbPro »

The Best Comedy In Modern Indian Cinema

Author: Shiv Mehta (shiv_mehta1988@yahoo.co.in) from Mumbai
7 June 2006

No Entry Directed By Aneez Bazmee Is The Best Comedy Feature Film In Modern Indian Cinema Alongwith Hera Pheri. The Actor's Did A Splendid Job With Fardeen Khan Falling Little Short Than Others While Lara Dutta Over Acted In Some Scenes But All In All A Very Funny Movie With Good Screenplay And Awesome Cinematography By The Great Indian Cinematographer Ashok Mehta.

Anil Kapoor's Acting Is Evergreen Supported With Fantastic Peppy Numbers By Anu Malik Make This A Must For DVD Lovers Too To Buy This Out.

Salman Khan's Role Is Short But Pretty Well Defined. The Climax Is Probably The Funniest Climax In Indian Comedy History.

Dialogues Are Amazing But The Main Characteristics That Made The Movie So Amazing And Fully Worth Watching Was Acting, Music, Cinematography, Direction And Editing.

In Short A Perfect Comedy Very Rare To See In Indian Cinema.

Humorous in parts....could have been better with some editing

Author: jayeshsam from United States
10 October 2005

By the time I walked out of the hall, I had a headache as well as a stomach ache. A headache because there are certain scenes in the movie that are totally unbearable, while certain others made me laugh a lot resulting in the above consequences. The movie is very colorful and has great humor in parts. However, some of the coincidences in the movie like everyone meeting in Mauritius and landing at the same hotel are a bit of an exaggeration. Right around there, there's a song that seems totally unnecessary; so are a few other songs. No Entry title song is a great item number. The actresses all have done a fair job. Anil, Fardeen and Salman have done a good job as well. Overall I would give this one a 7. Could have been better with some more editing.

Great Humor

Author: abhro_007 from Bangladesh
11 September 2005

I enjoyed the movie very much. I found a great fun from most of the dialogues. Every actors and actresses did a great job in this movie. Particularly, Anil Kapoor did excellent and marvelous acting, which entertained me lot. His dialogues are very much hilarious. Basically, 'Be Positive (B+)'. Fardeen and Salman also acted very nicely. Salman's appearance was a small comparing to Anil Kapoor and Fardeen Khan. But this is because of the story. The story basically emphasize on the enormous twist with great ending. I loved the ending most.

I laughed 95 % time of the total movie duration time. You should watch this movie to get real entertainment with obvious humor in each dialog. This movie deserves best score.

Hilarious.

Author: Awais from United Kingdom
6 September 2005

Very funny movie. Songs are load of crap. But the pros outweigh the cons. The male actors perform very well as does Lara And Bipasha. Salman Khan is at ease playing a womaniser with charm. Anil Kapoor is on form playing the frustrated husband. Lara Dutta is equally good playing the untrusting wife. Fardeen Khan is a pro for his first time in comic role. Celina and Esha have minimal roles, but are adequate in their performances. Bipasha is at her sultry best as nightclub dancer paid by Salman to seduce Anil; Fardeen is also roped in under her spell. The wedding story, the Anil-Lara combo and ending are the high points. Leave your critics hat at home and enjoy this circus.

Laugh your guts out!

Author: Dingataca from London, England
14 February 2007

No Entry lived thoroughly up to the hype surrounding it. I went to see this expecting something time-pass, and I was very surprised.

Anil Kapoor rules this film, from the male side. Fardeen and Salman are nothing compared to him here. Lara, Esha, and Celina are all just acceptable. Celina being the most disappointing - she had nothing to offer apart from a slutty performance! I liked Bipasha Basu though, surprisingly, she showed signs of talent, and I quite liked her in this one. It isn't easy to play a prostitute, you have to act well, in addition to being super sexy, and Bipasha managed it.

POSITIVES: 1. The acting is pretty much better than average.

2. Music - very fresh.

3. Direction and plot is awesome!

4. The comedy - the most important thing to be on the Positive list - was amazing. You'll laugh your guts out, seriously!

NEGATIVES: 1. Humour was great but extremely crude/vulgar at more than one occasion,

2. Script - a bit cheesy, I would expect something more realistic.

I think Indian Cinema has met a new form of comedy - in the form of No Entry. Thank you Anees Bazmee.

This movie was the funniest movie ever

Author: bhavikapattni from United Kingdom
20 January 2006

Well this movie is definitely the best Indian comedy ever. First there was Masti which was too funny that it roked so much. But then when I watched no entry i couldn't stop laughing. This film was pure comedy and the fact that it had salman khan made it better. He played his role superbly and his expressions were class. Anil looked so innocent at the beginning but turned into a serpent with the tongue of lying. Fardeen was funny in the beginning and kept helping out anil and going along with his lies. When they met up after anil's heart attack i was laughing so much. All their wives were confused and so was Bobby. This film is the funniest film ever. I can't believe this is a film. Its too good. So funny. Definitely the best comedy ever.

Enter...the NO ENTRY

Author: espiritlibre from Canada
22 March 2006

Anil Kapoor, Fardeen Khan, Salman Khan= good times, it does not really matter who the heroines were. BUT Bipasha looked fabulous, I liked her ethnic look. I think she stole the show. The wives were arch typical (stereotypical). You had the dumb one, the suspicious one, and the bratty one. Most woman are a combination of these. The guys were a bit more complicated. Anil Kapoor played the good husband, Salman Khan played himself (kidding). They both played roles that were expected of them. Fardeen Khan showed range, he is very sensitive and that reflects in his work. I liked him in Khushi with Kareena, and in Fida. The entire movie was so silly that you could not stop laughing. I saw in the theater, at home with my parents then again with friends on video. Even Non-Indians enjoyed it, subtitles and all. One guy thought that SK looked late 20s, impressive. Salman Khan looks good, and it has nothing to do with bodybuilding. The entire movie was cast well.

It was funny, I'll give it that...

Author: Sherazade from United States
11 March 2006

but there's something to be said about films that glorify men having scandalous affairs and getting away with it. Salman Khan, Anil Kapoor and Fardeen Khan are three friends with very different views on life and relationship. Fardeen just wants to mind his own business and dish dirt on men who cheat, Anil doesn't want to even think about cheating, and Salman lives to cheat. Esha Deol, Lara Dutta, and Celina Jaitley play their wives. Esha is married to Salman, Lara is married to Anil, and Celina marries Fardeen during the course of the film. It is important for you to note this arrangement because if you blink, something might have been switched around on you and you would end up thinking that you're going crazy but it's just the characters having fun, or lack there of. Bipasha Basu plays a sex kitten vixen type as usual. She is a mistress to Salman's character but is then introduced to Anil's character by Salman when Anil gets tired of his wife always accusing him of cheating. He decides to actually cheat. Unbeknowst to him, Salman is paying Bobby (Basu) 200,000 to make sure she seduces Anil to the point of no return, so when Anil tries to back out, Bobby is unrelenting. The songs and some of the costumes are very nice. The film has many plots, twists and turns but sends a very bad message to women about men. At least Indian women who worship their husbands. The message here is that men are dogs and there is little or nothing women can do to change that. Sad!

Laugh Riot!!!

Author: rekha-r-nair from India
7 September 2005

I watched 'No Entry' yesterday evening. I laughed so hard that my stomach is aching even now. If you leave your brains aside and watch it, I am sure that it will tickle your funny bone too.

The story revolves around three married men - Anil Kapoor who is dedicated to his highly suspicious wife Lara Dutta, Fardeen Khan who is newly married to Celina Jaitley and Salman Khan who cheats on his doting wife Isha Deol. The madness starts when the sizzling hot Bipasha Basu comes into the picture. Sallu promises to pay Bips 2 lakhs if she can get Anil to sleep with her. Lara thinks Bips is Fardeen's wife. Celina thinks Bips is Anil's wife. Thus starts the crazy circle of life that ends in a dramatic cliff-hanging scene, and a 'nagina' and some funny remarks about Sunny Deol ;) As far as the soundtrack goes, the ONLY good song is 'No Entry'. All others are quite forgettable. My favorite scene in the movie is where Fardeen comes to save Sallu who is hanging off a cliff. The rest of the cliff scene is just hilarious!! Altogether, the movie is worth the ticket money.

This Is So Embarrassing To watch

Author: M MALIK from Pakistan
10 December 2011

no entry 2005 starting Anil Kapoor & Salman Khan is about husbands cheating on their wife & hiding it from there wives .

and Salman khan is stupid in this film.only Lara Dutta is hotter in this

it includes some funny scenes but this is so shameless & embarrassing to watch with family.includes vulgar scenes & jokes.

all men & women are not like that its a big shame what its shown here.

i have this one DVD but its a one time watch only.

my rating is 3/10 just a time pass movie.watch it only if you have nothing.