"Hot Wheels Highway 35 World Race" Ignition (2005)

« Prev | 4 of 6 Episodes | Next »

Pretty good so far...

Author: Kaboom-3 from United States
21 March 2005

This is actually a 4 part movie airing on the Cartoon Network. The first part (Ignition) aired pack in January I believe, and the second part (The Speed of Silence) aired on March 19th. The other two parts are in June and September, I believe. Unfortunately if you miss a showing, you're out of luck since they only air one time. The DVD for the first part comes out on 3/22 (3 days after part 2) so I assume the rest of them will follow in similar fashion.

This is a sequel to the Hot Wheels Highway 35 World Race show/movie from 2003 that is available on DVD.

Basically the gist of the movie is that the bad guys (The Racing Drones) have stolen the Wheel of Power from the first move and can now enter different dimensions, or racing realms. These realms contain a racetrack in a unique environment (swamp, water, lightning...etc). At the end of every race, the winner receives an Accelecharger that gives their car a unique power, such as the ability to warp from one place to another or to form its own track over chasms and the like. The good guys (our heroes) are at a disadvantage because the drones have already completed some realms and have a few Accelechargers under their belts. It really hasn't been revealed what the Drones actually want, but we do know they're the bad guys because they're black robots and we all know those are evil.

Our nearly-4 year old loves these Hot Wheels movies and thanks to the wonder of Tivo, watches them over and over and over again. The animation is really good, considering they're made for TV. The animators have really captured the sense of speed and weight of the cars, and the action is really well-paced.

Personally I liked the animation from the first movie (World Race) better. They've gone for a more realistic look in this movie, which is OK I guess, but I preferred the more cartooney look of the other movie. The character models are also weaker with joints and arms looking pretty bad IMO. Same with the "extra large" feet, similar to the Rescue Heroes. I also don't think the cars are as "cool" as the first movie...I mean, where's the Deora II? But that's all just style and my own personal opinion.

Anyways, if you have kids into fast cars, you can't go wrong with these movies.

Pretty good

Author: Beastify from Crynant, Neath, Wales
20 March 2005

This is shown on toonami out here in the UK.

I think its swell the graphics are pretty good (not so much the characters but props and background.

I enjoy the whole rivalry thing matched with the notion for the teams to work together. The best guy in this show is the music dude, he doesn't talk much just listen to his beats and nods his head. The cars are neat and the best thing about the show. They got awesome gadgets topped off by looking sweet.

I ain't sure if this is meant to be a show or film, so if someone could tell me it would be much appreciated.

World Race or Ignition...

Author: nightshade_romance from United States
3 October 2005

I've gotta say, I liked Ignition more than The World Race, especially since Wylde had a complete change in attitude. It was cool. The feud between him and his older brother, Kurt, is also very interesting. I heard something about Markie getting put in prison for something, but never caught the reason. Maybe that's why the whole argument started between the two siblings? Or perhaps it was because Kurt had rejected Wylde in the World Race, although Vert took him in soon after as part of the Waverippers. If you haven't seen the World Race, it might be a bit difficult understanding Ignition, but nevertheless, very interesting. I hope some people post more AcceleRacers images on the net though, since there's so few right now. Anyway, I really enjoyed this movie.