IMDb > The Heart in the Well (2005) (TV) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

The Heart in the Well (TV) More at IMDbPro »Il cuore nel pozzo (original title)

incredible and shameful!

Author: stalen from Slovenia
6 August 2006

Unbelievable bad even for a TV movie, and especially for an Italian film! It is shamefully and childish strained versus Slovenians (which in this movie are showed at least as terrorists), which in reality were oppressed, spit-on, offended and killed by Italian Fascists for decades! Typical politically oriented movie. The movie came in a moment when Italian neo-fascist party is fortifying again, and after the movie has been broadcasted in Italy and Slovenia, there had been many vandalism acts over the Slovene monuments or memorials in bilingual zones of Eastern Italy (which borders to Slovenia, and where historical wounds are still opened, even 60 years after WWII...)

great film. it tells loads about a historic fact

Author: lem54-728-174248 from United Kingdom
2 May 2010

Every one should watch this film ! It is time that true history were told. Jews were not the only victims of the II word war. We Italian were never ever told at school of the massacres our people suffered by the Slavs in those territories. Italy had to renegade its fascist past and so the men in grey decided to vet history before teaching it to the future generations. My father fought in the war and in the Balcans and what he told me supports what the film describes. I bear no grudge to the present generation of Slavs, but please do not shut your eyes or try to shut the eyes of the world by not accepting this happened. Only then we can live together in peace. There is the usual romantic story of love and sacrifice , don't let it distract you.