IMDb > Go Figure (2005) (TV) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Go Figure (TV) More at IMDbPro »

I loved this movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Author: AngelinaJolieroxmyworld from United States
12 June 2005

I think this is one of the better DCOMs that has come out. It tells the story of 14 year old Katelin and her dreams of training with a world class Russian coach. In order to train with her she must join the girl's hockey team on scholarship. This is where the movie gets interesting as Katelin starts to learn the meaning of teamwork.

I think Jordan Hinson (Katelin) did a fabulous job and was right on the character. I also think Cristine Rose (Natasha Goberman) did an outstanding job and did a perfect Russian accent. The rest of the cast was great too! They all seemed to work well together!

Homerun, Disney Channel!

A Disney Movie Aimed at Older Kids and Younger Teens

Author: scissorhands_emily from United States
12 June 2005

This was a Disney Channel Original Movie, so it can't be expected to be a masterpiece, but it was entertaining and had a good theme.

It centers around Katelin who is one of the best figure skaters around where she lives. A Russian figure skating coach decides to help make her the best, but her parents won't pay for her to go to boarding school. By pulling a few strings Natasha(the Russian coach) manages to get her a full scholarship at the same school, but for hockey instead. Katelin has to work extra hard if she wants to be the best. As well as keeping it a secret that she's a figure skater because all the girls on the hockey team despise figure skaters.

The movie was good. The story was somewhat unrealistic(like in the aspect that she gets a full scholarship for a hockey team), but not way predictable. It entertained me and had me rooting for Katelin. I'd recommend it to all kids around 14 or so and younger. And to parents if they can understand that it's aimed at the kids and not them.

A down right good movie!

Author: summerfreak from United States
30 June 2005

I give this movie a 9 instead of a 10 because I thought that Jordan Hinson could have done a little better in her acting. Otherwise, the movie was pretty good. Iwas surprised that Disney could do so well! Its about a figure skater named Katelyn(Hinson) who gets a once in a lifetime chance to train with a Russian coach(Rose), who is one of the best in the business. There is just one problem, the coach is at a boarding school and Katelin cant afford it. The coach manipulates the hockey coach at the school to give Katelin a full ride HOCKEY scholarship. Now Katelyn must learn how to play hockey & train for the Olympic figure skating team. She learns that you must cope with your surroundings and try not to be selfish. She strikes up a little romance with the assistant coach, Spencer(the very hot Abel), & makes good friends with the hockey team.

I loved this movie,but I recommend it for kids 14 years old or younger.

Great movie

Author: misizzlem2 from United States
14 January 2006

This movie was great. Its so funny. People may think it's like Ice Princess. Maybe it is. But I think this movie is better. Jordan Hinson and the cast had great roles that fit them perfectly. Lines like "They are girls. Just like me except bigger, meaner, with unconditioned hair" made me laugh so hard. The plot is great. One thing that Ice Princess doesn't have is a hockey team. Making Katelin choose between hockey and ice skating was genius. The only odd thing was the relationship between Katelin and Spencer. He is older than her but its still cute to see that kind of relationship form.

Overall, the movie is 10 out of 10.

I liked it

Author: lawoptions from United States
17 August 2005

This is not an Academy Award nominee, but it was an enjoyable movie that I could watch with my kids. While I admit that the main actress' tears were not great (I thought that part was forced myself), I basically enjoyed the movie, so much that, because I had missed the very beginning the first time around, I watched the whole movie all over again to see how it began. It was an enjoyable escapist movie that we could all get into. Plus I love figure skating. I especially liked that the brother and sister could finally "play together nice." OK, I'm a mom, but still I thought this was a nice flick. Given that it's a kid's movie, there wasn't any blood and guts, but there was nice tension and an interesting choice for the main character to make. Various parts of it also made me laugh remembering the movie "The Cutting Edge." Toe Pick!!!

Totally unrealistic

Author: moonlight100 from United States
15 November 2007

The acting was horrible and they got both of the sports wrongggg.......not only did they get the figure skating rules wrong, but also they rules of GIRLS Ice Hockey. In GIRLS ice hockey you cannot check. You also don't BLOCK for someone. Not all they girls are disgusting gross mean and big. I play hockey and I'm only 4'11 and have been asked to go to schools like the one in the movie. Also not all hockey players hate figure skaters. A lot of current girls hockey players were once figure skaters themselves. Also we skate A LOT faster then the ones in the movie. I was embarrassed by the movie it gave people the idea that we suck.......although i must mention that it is difficult to transition between the sports because of the toe pick on the figure skates.....also some of those twirly moves KAtelin was doing on the ice you couldn't do in a regular hockey game. She basically tripped the person, which is illigal. Its also unrealistic that she would get a HOCKEY scholarship when she figure skates. That really made me angry that scholarship would normally be used to someone who could benefit the team.

This is about a figure skater who becomes into a hockey player just to be able to figure skate with the best coach

Author: prncesslexy from United States
1 April 2006

I am a figure skater and i love to watch figure skating movies. Out of all of the figure skating movies i found this move called GO FIGURE the best movie i have ever saw it was very very funny and the message getting across is if you really want something and your determined to pursuit it you would do what ever it takes just to fulfill your dreams like with Katelyn she is is figure skater and to be able to train with the best coach she has to become a hockey player and took the risk of switching ice roles.This movie is the movie that made me want to become a figure skater. Now because of this movie i have tried skating and it was my HIDDEN NATURAL GIFT in only 6 months i am an advanced skater in a figure skating club which is like a team past the lessons and the easy levels. And remember FOLLOW YOUR DREAMS do whatever it takes to make them come true

i fought it was so great

Author: bEkKi BaRtLeTt from United Kingdom
12 February 2006

i fought that the film was brilliant! but as said it did av a few bits where it did seem v. obvious that she was acting. i think that Jordan Hinson did a v. good job but Jake Abel was so cute an that made the film even more brilliant! i love it an can't wait 4 it 2 b out on DVD!!! yea!!! Jake Abel is so hot!!! if i had to watch this film over and over again i would because this film is a very good film and i believe that anyone from the ages of 5 to 16 would find this film very good. i admit it can be a bit tedious but that is all forgotten if you watch the film with open eyes and an open mind. please don't say that this is a very bad film because truthfully you probably haven't seen the whole of the film. don't dis the film!!!

Not a bad family movie but not a good movie either

Author: snapeing_turtle from United States
28 January 2006

This was a somewhat typical Disney "feel good" movie. Disney does a pretty good job in making movies where the main character triumphs over the odds. This one is no exception. The main character has her obstacles and overcomes them.

The problems with this movie lie in the acting and the errors. The main character was a standard Disney blonde and may one day become a good actress, but she currently has very little range. Happy and pouty. That's about it. The Mighty Ducks was a hockey movie with heart. And it at least attempted to be believable (at least until they started going into the sequels). This one didn't even bother to *try* to be accurate. The figure skating nationals are not a one day, one program thing. They don't use the special lighting except for the exhibition. Don't even get me started on the whole robot scene. I am also pretty sure that the main character didn't do any triple jumps (her spins were slow, her spiral sub-standard, and her footwork practically non-existent) and probably never would have qualified for the seniors much less been named to the Olympic team. If they had at least *tried* for realism and had her attempting the Junior Nationals rather than the Seniors, the movie would have been much improved in the believability area.

If you can shut your brain off while you watch this movie and just watch it for the main character's growth, that would be for the best.

(oh, and if you can find a copy of the 2006 nationals, Stephanie Rosenthal, who was one of the skate doubles, had two amazing performances)

okay movie

Author: indianprincess9892 from India
13 January 2009

The movie was good, especially because of Spencer, i mean he is so hot! but i thought that jordin hinson didn't act that well. She was really fake and her voice was all high-pitched and stuff. So basically, the whole movie, i felt like shutting her up, but other than that, everything else was really good. :) I also liked Hollywood, she was pretty enough to make the lead. Which comes back to my point, what was that Barbie blond doing in the main role anyway? Can she actually skate, because is she can't, then Disney cast the wrong girl. They actually lost money because the reception was not as good as they expected, so they couldn't immediately make it for DVD, i bet it's because of her...