IMDb > "My Super Sweet 16" (2005) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"My Super Sweet 16"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"My Super Sweet 16" More at IMDbPro »

Page 1 of 5:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [Next]

Lifestyles of the Bitchy and Ungrateful

Author: senorjuez from United States
12 May 2006

The subjects of this series are overprivileged girls from well-to-do families who think they are entitled to the party of a lifetime simply because they turn 16. What I noticed right away is that while their parents have given them any material thing they want, the parents failed in a more serious way. They failed to teach these girls about manners and how to treat people, as well as to appreciate what they have. This combination has reared some rude, conceited, bitchy girls who believe the world revolves around them. These girls think we all really care about their parties and that we're jealous of them. Yeah, right. What is sad is that there are some decent kids out there who get good grades in school, treat their parents with respect, and are good people. Their parents would love to give them a party like the ones on this show, but don't have the money or resources. They don't act as if it is their birthright like the girls on this show. It just goes to show that money can buy a lot of things, but it can't buy class.

Absolutely sickening

Author: giveitsomeblonde from United Kingdom
14 July 2006

If I could choose a 0 out of 10 for this show, I would. I watched one episode, and it just SICKENED me. I cannot believe that kids like this exist in the world. They act like they are so high and mighty...just because Daddy has a few million pounds in the bank, doesn't really help the fact that they are ugly, stupid, stuck up and not likable at all. I feel sorry for them, their friends are obviously only interested in being best friends with the rich girl, and they'll never know the real value of money, or what it's like to actually earn your own money - which is such a good feeling! They've been robbed of a normal life, so I feel sorry for them. But fair enough, they exist, but WHY PUT THEM ON TELEVISION TO SICKEN AND ENRAGE THE REST OF THE WORLD? What is the point of this show? These girls shouldn't have the satisfaction of thinking they are some kind of celebrity... MTV really has gone downhill - its obvious they are running out of things to broadcast. Awful.

this MTV series is an embarrassment to civilized society

Author: andrewwhite8 from United States
17 May 2006

MTV, in its seeming quest to find the absolute bottom of the barrel, has certainly outdone itself with this truly depressing series on the lifestyles of the rich and unimportant. Why in the world would the parents of these foul and obnoxious children ever want their complete failure at child rearing put on television? Whenever I have accidentally channel- surfed into one of these episodes, it's like seeing an awful car wreck. It catches your interest for a couple minutes and then you realize just how utterly tragic it is and you have to stop watching. These rude and ill-bred teenagers are completely clueless to the fact that arrogance, ostentatious parties and expensive cars won't make them any less "tacky". There is not one birthday girl, or boy, on this show that isn't overly indulged and undeserving "trailer trash"...spoiled, stupid and totally without any real "class". They all seem to be sad, needy and very shallow. The really cool people with mega-wealth don't need to show it off. On second thought, could MTV be featuring these screwed-up and nasty kids as a public service so the rest of us can avoid them? Ya, right!

A Valuable Lesson

Author: mejercit from United States
18 June 2006

This show clearly demonstrates a valuable lesson.

These parents spend tens to hundreds thousands of dollars on some spoiled bitch, without their parents' money, wo0uld be turning out tricks on the street. This money is spent renting ballroom,s nightclubs, buying dresses, decorations, and hiring up to a hundred people.

In the end, all of those people who sold all that stuff end up laughing all the way to the bank, while the bitches continue on to be worthless failures.

Fools and their money are soon parted.

The ultimate in pointless television

Author: sonicechidna2004 from United Kingdom
9 November 2006

'My Super Sweet 16' follows the lives of 15 year old teenagers preparing to celebrate their 'Sweet 16' party. MTV could have made this a very enjoyable and watchable show, had they come up with a suitable pitch for it.

Basically, the cameras follow spoilt, rich teens as they prepare for their party, and what the cameras pick up is truly cringe worthy.

For starters, these teenagers believe that the world revolves around them, and that they are the best thing since sliced bread. Nothing could be further from the truth. These are people who are annoying beyond belief, because if something doesn't go their way, such as their favourite celebrity won't be showing up because he/she had other plans (like WORKING), or the fact that the parents won't let them buy the $300 dress that makes them look like a whore, then they bitch, whine and moan until they get their way. And what's shocking about the show is that they actually do get their way.

None of these teens seem to know how the real world works, as they are living off mommy and daddy's money, and will probably do so for as long as they can.

Now, I TRIED to see the good side of this show, I really did. I honestly thought that at least one of the teens featured would actually come across as a decent human being. But to no avail. This show is quite possibly one of the best examples of what is wrong with the rich in today's society. What's more, I can see RICH people, who have worked hard for their money actually watching this show and feeling embarrassed for the families of these spoilt, stuck up teens.

Well done MTV for showing off all these disgusting people. At least now most of us know how lucky we are not to be associated with any of them.

destroying young minds by the millions

Author: juvie0815 from United States
6 January 2007

This show is like a documentary of the selfish and spoiled... its like a step by step guide on how to ruin your child's life. It's showing how stupid people can be when it comes to ridiculous expenses. no one is even old enough to completely enjoy the amount of money that actually went into it. People are starving and they waste money on such pointless stuff. Seriously when the revolution comes they will be the first ones against the wall. I can have more fun with 50 bux then these girls have with hundreds of thousands of dollars... they don't even spend much time with their friends at these parties. If they were smart they would just take a few close friends on a trip or a cruise, which would still be much less then what most of them spend and the party will last a few days.

After the show MTV should fly them 2 a third world country or to a dilapidated neighborhood to show them exactly how privileged they are. Most of them do not even understand exactly how much they spend on these parties. The cost of these parties is more then what MOST people make in a year. and they are squandering it in a few hour period. The rich should have to go through a compulsory education system because they are instilling materialistic values into the younger generation and its starting to pollute the minds of the young. alls i have to say is Socrates was put to death for preaching monotheism to the young what these people are doing is FAR worse. Seriously MTV is worse then the cigarette companies. its making the next generation retarded...

Now I know where all of our money goes!

Author: YourMomInAGorillaSuit from The bathroom floor
5 October 2005

OK this isn't a really bad show but when people like Amanda and Bjorn and such and such come on it really sucks. Amanda says she gets happy by staring at herself. Apparently she will never find a boyfriend this way as to she is too attracted to herself. Basically this show is an inside peek of what the rich are like, how they can blow away money on birthdays and Prada handbags. MTV has bored me again. I don't want to see how much money people spend on their sweet sixteen. Imagine what they will do for a wedding! Now I know where all our money we pay to the government for gas and such goes. It goes to these selfish people so they can buy a nightclub or a movie theater. If you watch this show now, and are sick of it as I am I recommend you stop. I really don't want to watch a show about rich people with a bank account so fat they could feed the whole country with it.

Should be called "Rich and Rude"

Author: albm from United States
22 April 2006

Paris Hilton has made being rich and rude fashionable, I guess, because that's all MTV is now. This show is without a doubt the worst offender- who in their right mind wants to watch spoiled, rich teenagers throw temper tantrums and insult their parents? I'd rather watch a dog take a crap and then eat it. Anything would be better than this garbage- live child abuse, Nascar, I'd even watch "Reba" if "Super Sweet 16" was the only other thing on. Who is the target audience for this show? Other rich, spoiled teenagers looking for ideas for their next trendy bash? Self-loathing suburban kids? Stoners? Another reviewer said they thought this show would be MTV throwing a ritzy party for a teen who doesn't have a lot of money, which is a much better concept. MTV has always been bad, but this is just mind-numbingly awful. This is bad taste taken to an extreme even "Pink Flamingos" can't top, and that movie ended with a drag queen eating feces off a sidewalk. Un-freaking-believable.

too much

Author: denette-burgess from United States
21 April 2006

the show is way too much..MTV needs to make a reality show that is influential...the parents are really to blame. instead of buying outlandish things for these kids, they could be giving this excess money to something or someone that could really use it. are all the Chanel and Louis vuitton bags really necessary? the luxury cars? do these parents actually owe their children this much? half of the children don't even know how to talk to their parents respectfully...i just know that that kind of behavior would never go on in my house. and the dresses that some of these mothers (and FATHERS) let their daughters get away with, may as well put them on the street!!

Money fills the void where these kids personalities should have been inserted.

Author: Droid7777 from United Kingdom
7 July 2006

" My Super Sweet 16" centres around the lives of teenagers, on the verge of turning 16, arranging there birthday parties and having the actual party. It shows everything from what they want the theme of the party to be, the guests there inviting to there lives at school and there relationships with both friends and parents.

What this shows really about is spoilt American brats who cry when they don't get there way and the parents failed attempt to raise a child that is emotionally stable. The kids on this show are so obnoxious and horrible, the worst part is the way they treat other people and the way there parents behave because of them. It is Mtv though. What can you expect from the station that is trying to give the youth of today there status as the indulged generation. Don't get me wrong though these kids are the crème da la crème of spoilt kids, they make the Laguna beach bunch look like modest charity workers.

One episode a girl doesn't get here present (A car, a brand new 4x4) because her parents are punishing her for sneaking out and buying a $3000 dress, naturally she cries and gets the car anyway... but I'm sure she learnt her lesson. Another episode shows a boy buying gifts for the girls as a way of getting them to his party and another gives away free MP3 players. Where the entertainment comes in this show is the satisfaction to know that 99.9% of the people at there parties don't actually like them, you see money fills the void where these kids personalities should have been inserted. Its still pretty entertaining and occasionally celebrities make guest appearances, P diddy, Kanye West and Ciara to name a few. Why these kids (or there parents) would want them on TV show in this light is anyones guess, but we can relax knowing that when you take away there diamond encrusted Louis Vuitton bags there really isn't much to them apart from the sound of hot hair leaving there mouths.

Page 1 of 5:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [Next]