IMDb > "A Current Affair" (2005) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"A Current Affair" More at IMDbPro »

Good news magazine show

Author: Grace Zeh ( from Chantilly, Virginia, USA
11 July 2007

"A CURRENT AFFAIR," in my opinion, is a good news magazine show. I enjoyed seeing Tim Green as the main anchor. There are many reasons why I said that. Also, I liked Harris Faulkner as the main field anchor on this show before her present work with FOX News. If you ask me, it seems that nobody stays with a TV show throughout its entire run anymore. Still, I enjoyed hearing about what's happening in the world. The only thing I didn't like hearing about was when someone had been murdered or gone missing. Now, in conclusion, if some network ever bring this show back, I highly recommend it to all you die-hard news magazine fans. You will really enjoy it.

Author: General_G from United States
19 October 2005

Most of these news shows always have a lot of garbage a boring stuff. A Current Affair always has interesting stories everyday. Its rare to find an uninteresting one. I found it to be like a cross between the regular local news with the correspondents and America's Most Wanted with the mystery cases and murder stories and missing people and so on. There's also and ascents of Entertainment Tonight in it with the celebrity stories as well. I liked the host, Tim Green. I think hes a great guy to be in the news business. I think it was stupid of Fox to cancel this show after only six months. I guess there just weren't enough watchers.

Author: 25msap from United States
20 April 2005

Fun? This show is fun? Anytime I have been in low enough spirits to watch the show I have been confronted with "TRUE!" stories of rape and murder. The last show I'll ever watch was the story of Paul Bernardo and the teenage girls- including his wife's sister- he raped, psychologically tortured, and murdered. I do not see how these types of stories presented in any fashion could be seen as humorous, fun, or a parody!?!...and I don't care about the fainting goat in the background. If that's all you need to be entertained, and indeed if it doesn't bother you that this material "entertains" others, then you should consider yourself unaware of a symptom/propagator of a serious problem with the values system of people and whole nations today.

This show is stupid

Author: FeiLongEX from United States
12 May 2005

This is a brainless show with a brainless host and it was created for brainless people. I can't stand the host, Tim Green. The guy has no idea what he's talking about and he talks like he flunked out of high school. The show itself if tabloid trash. I saw one episode where Tim Green was interviewing Jesse Jackson and that 5 year old girl who was arrested after attacking her teacher and her principal and destroying her classroom. Green and Jackson shower the girl with praise, talk about how cute she is and keep calling her a baby. After Green is done with the little girl the next story is something like bikini sluts gone wild. Everybody involved with this trash should be ashamed of themselves. And Tim Green needs to get his GED.

The Fainting Goats Rule!

Author: Sarah Perry from St. Paul, MN
13 April 2005

Harmless, hard-hitting fun. A guilty pleasure of a newsmagazine with the utterly charming Tim Green as host. He seems to take a tongue-in-cheek approach to the show, often giving his opinion after the segments.

I, for one, really enjoy "A Current Affair". The stories are always unusual, provocative in one way or another, and sometimes just plain fun.

No, it's not to be taken seriously, really. At times it even seems to parody itself, and Tim Green enjoys playing a clip of these goats that spaz out whenever startled, and, in fact, appear to faint. You'd really have to see it to believe it.

All in all, a fun, flighty and enjoyable show.