IMDb > "Timeless Tales from Hallmark" (1990) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Magical

Author: BellsOnHerShoes from United States
7 July 2006

The Timeless Tales movies brought so much magic into my childhood. Every year for Christmas my grandfather would buy my siblings and I each a different movie. We watched them over and over again. I can't even explain the effect they had on us. It wrapped us up and made us believe that everything was good and the world was at peace. It made everything seem right. The Ugly Duckling was probably their best. The music was great, I remember we'd always sing it, everywhere we went. The Steadfast Tin Soldier made us cry! As sad as that sounds. These movies were a great idea, and magical. I recommend them to anybody with children.

I love these videos!

Author: mimi-lan from United States
3 February 2007

I watched the Hallmark Timeless Tales SO many times with my siblings when I was younger. I loved Rumpelstiltskin! That movie made me so scared when the old man turned everything to straw! Especially that one scene with her baby... Thats as much as I'm gonna say! even though it might not really be a spoiler... its great for kids. I also watched the Ugly Duckling and the Steadfast Tin Soldier. They were all great and the intro was enthralling!!! I loved it when the little kids opened the books and the stuff liked.... popped up at you! I loved that! It made me wish that when I was reading, my book illustrations would do that too. I think this was a great children's video set.