IMDb > Undisputed 2: Last Man Standing (2006) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Undisputed II: Last Man Standing

Undisputed 2: Last Man Standing More at IMDbPro »Undisputed II: Last Man Standing (original title)

Page 1 of 4:[1] [2] [3] [4] [Next]

"The Iceman" is back and he is bad as ever!

Author: coloss-1 from Bulgaria
28 March 2006

As a martial art practitioner I want to assure the audience that the movie will like to those of you who expect to see a really tough fight! Even this time the creators made the fight scenes even more interesting, mainly because this time you will see not only clear boxing (as the previous "Undisputed"), but also you'll see very exciting moves by kicks, knees and even grappling. This time Chambers, unlike, the previous part, will have to face much more devastating opponent in the person of the Russian prisoner Yurii Boika, whose character will take your attention from the beginning of the movie with his splendid moves on the ring. In my opinion the character is created perfectly for the atmosphere of the movie.

Those of you who'll watch the movie, expecting something as good as the first part, wont be disappointed at all just because the director presents one well known of the audience Jorge Chambers. In that movie he is the same tough and proud guy, who, becomes clearly, that if you try to tell him what to do, he would crush at least your nose. Namely that side in the Iceman's character, to be proud, fighting for his honor, made him one of my favorite characters I've ever seen.

Great Kick-ass Movie

Author: fastlane765 from Philippines
1 May 2006

This is better than the first one, though i like the first one too... but this one really kicks ass. The execution of the fight scenes, the action and stunt sequences are choreograph very nice and hard hitting.

The story is not that new to movie-watchers, though there's some twist but still its some kind of a stereotype story...

But if you want hard hitting, bone breaking action entertainment, this one is a must see!

The cast especially actors Michael Jai White and Scott Adkins Kicks Ass! Isaac Florentine and the action cinematographer did a very good job!

Great action sequences!

Author: shawn-148 from United States
27 March 2006

I attended the premiere at Paramount Studios and have to say I was impressed by the breathtaking fight scenes. They were filmed at a very high speed, so there was a hyper-real crispness to them and interesting time changes throughout. Things were slowed down and sped up to catch Michael Jai White's amazing choreography.

Michael Jai had a hand in much of the production and his attention to detail in these scenes in particular shows. Scott Adkins is also an incredibly adept martial arts performer and comes off as an appropriately menacing villain. Michael Jai plays George Chambers with all the hubris and latent anger you could want, but also with an undertone of humor not present in Ving Rhames' portrayal of the character.

The last reviewer made a good point about this film having an 80's action feel to it. There's a no-nonsense brutality to the fighting that you don't often see these days. This is no Jackie Chan hit-em-with-a-broomstick fest. Think Rocky meets UFC. A definite adrenaline-pumper!

Excellent Movie

Author: walterlajack from United States
19 February 2006

Undisputed 2 was a big surprise for me. I really enjoyed it. I don't particularly like sequels and I did not go into it expecting much but found myself hootin' and hollerin' at the big screen. I enjoyed the first Undisputed, but this one was much better. Although they both are based on the same idea, I found U2 to be much different and in a class of its own.

The fight scenes were very well done and from what I understand there were no wires used which is really impressive given the level of aerial kicks performed.

I recommend it highly.

His best movie to date!

Author: sokudo from United States
19 February 2006

This is by far Isaac's best movie to date! This movie is reminiscent of the '80s action flicks. The film will appeal to the masses due to its charismatic leads, impressive fight sequences and its varying plays on the audience's emotions.

Regarding Isaac's choice for the lead players: Scott Adkins has the potential to become the next big thing for action movies. He has the moves, the has the looks and the build and on top of all of that he can act!

This film, I think, shows Isaac at his best and I was very impressed! Some of the scenes had me slack-jawed and cheering.

Again, I was very impressed and I sincerely look forward to watching his next film.

My hat's off to Isaac!

Not your average fighting movie !

Author: sathanic from Romania
2 May 2006

When is saw Undisputed I thought it was OK , and the cast made it be interesting , although the plot was simple and boring until the fight. I didn't think a sequel would be made but here it is .

From the beginning to the end this film is exciting and intriguing. The plot is solid and interesting and the cast is very well chosen. White does a very good acting as well as fighting scenes , while the other character (Boyka) assures the spectacular.

Not your average fighting movie at all ! The scenes are remarkable and very close framed , the details are extraordinary and that is what makes the whole fighting look so good and realistic . Even the training for the fight looks technical and realistic.

The other stories ... Stevie's and Crot's (Nikolai) add the drama that makes this more than just a kick , punch , block movie . They're also good actors doing a splendid job and making this movie rate high.

What else is there ... Oh ! Great soundtrack and ... almost forgot an ABSOLUTELY AMAZING ending ! Watch this movie !

Great movie!

Author: kentbancroft from United States
20 February 2006

Movies are about entertainment and this film doesn't disappoint. The storyline was easy to follow, but not boring and slow. The characters were well-developed and more interesting than the typical action movie ala VanDamme and Ahnold. The fight scenes were shot so well that I couldn't look away, and they were amazingly entertaining! I was wincing at every punch and kick! The locations were visually stunning, and added positively to the effect of the environment on the viewer. Several times I was asking myself, "where do I know these actors from?" They were very familiar, and very good at their craft, who are these guys? I'm sure I'll be seeing them again. Go see this movie, now!

Undisputed 2 ROCKS the House!

Author: phaselus from United States
19 February 2006

This movie was terrific on many levels, the action was A1 class (some of the best I have ever seen). Director Isaac Florentine has an eagle eye for angles and details, he truly can capture the essence, emotion and feeling of a scene, and bring it to life. This movie is at the top of its class.

The other delight about this film is that the the acting was very good, and the ending was a real surprise that elevated the movie from a macho martial arts movie to one that had real emotion and humanity that anyone who still has a beating heart inside of him can relate to. I did not just like it because I am a martial artist and the fights scenes were superb, I liked it because I was taken in and I began to care about the people and the characters.

So many martial arts flicks lack this kind of substance and richness. This is why I really think this movie is superior to the majority of movies put out by Hollywood year after year. I think it is a much better film than Undisputed, hands down. This film is a real Winner, a must see film, and Isaac Florerntine is a breath of fresh air, one of the best directors in Hollywood today!

Great Fight Movie!!

Author: Alios from Romania
25 March 2006

I'm sick of these guys who rate movies bad. This movie is SO GREAT, i mean the fight scenes, the storyline.. Jesus they are so great. Van Damme Iceman movie it's for kids compare with this movie!!!! The fighting is INCREDIBLE, and the characters are so right. The producers could't have chosen better, i mean they are spectacular.

This movie should be on the TOP10 fight movies ever made in Hollywood. The Russian prison is well chosen, the story would no be so spectacular if the action took place in an American prison.

On top of it all.. GREAT MOVIE i recommend 9/10 rating, and stop with the poor rating, go and watch some other type of movie, but don't rate this great movie so badly.

Brilliant fights, truly unique!

Author: Thomas Jolliffe (supertom-3) from Marlow, England
15 August 2006

Bizarrely a sequel to a film no one saw, about boxing, only this time it's about kickboxing. Now surely there must be more to the plot? Well no, it is essentially an excuse to have some downright superb fight scenes. Michael Jai White stars as George "the Ice Man" Chambers, played in the original by Ving Rhames. He's not playing the Wesley Snipes character as we might have assumed, considering White has been rumoured to be replacement Blade for Snipes, and after all Snipes and White are both martial arts demon's.

Anyway director Isaac Florentine has always shown a knack for filming fight scenes, without ever really getting the rest particularly right. Similarly his films never really look too polished, unable to look beyond their clearly meagre budgets. Similarly Florentine's previous films tended have bizarre mixes of time periods, costumes etc, to create non descript worlds, which just came out as strange on film. Bridge Of Dragon's for example was a pretty bog standard kind of fairy tale action movie. Also his use of cartoony sound effects for every movement, no matter how small, become tiresome in previous flicks. For example someone would raise an eyebrow and it would be accompanied by a "whoosh!" Having said all that I enjoyed his previous films for the action and the cheesiness of them. But Florentine has reigned himself in here, and in what is probably his most high profile and lavish production, he has produced a kick ass action film. Previously too he never really got any particularly good performances form his cast, be manages to here. White doe okay, and has the build and a certain amount of charisma that makes you wonder why he's not competing in the DTV wars with the top dogs like Seagal, Snipes and Van Damme. Strangely he's not much of an action star despite the huge muscular frame and martial arts prowess. Ben Cross also appears and as he did in the Lundgren flick, the Mechanik, he adds class to proceedings, because he can act. He does well in making his supporting part memorable in a fairly tragic kind of role, and he gives it some humanity and some humour. Ken Lerner too makes a welcome appearance playing a role we've seen many times before from him, and he of course he'll always be remembered as the agent, Arnold stabs in the back with a pen, in Running Man. Eli Danker is also superb.

However the real star of this piece is Scott Adkins, the British born, Kickboxer/Gymnast, here playing a Russian prison tournament champ. Adkin's not only has a good screen presence but like White is built like a brick outhouse, and to add to that he's an amazing athlete for a guy so huge. If marketed right Adkins could be the next big action star, he's got the ability to be one of the best. Adkin's performs some amazing gymnastic feats here. He's not a bad actor either and I think people will actually assume he's Russian, so he does a good job here, despite playing a comically two dimensional villains worthy of Ivan Drago himself. The fights are really well done. They feel unique too, much down to Adkin's himself but also the great photography, dolly and steadi-cam work.

This may have a plot that could have been written on the back of a match box, probably reading something along the lines of "Michael Jai White is forced to fight Scott Adkin's, twice!" However the film looks polished thanks to Ross Clarkson's photography, while Florentine is allowed to show some auterism that many DTV directors for hire aren't allowed to. It's simply a few situations that are thrown in to lead into fights, but the fights come thick and fast, and as well as that they are original, and pretty awesome. Thankfully the cast are good enough to rise above the trite situations which is why it's important in these films to include guys like Ben Cross, who can act.

Overall this is a film that will no doubt gain cult status amongst martial arts fan's. It's the most Drive-ish film since Drive, something simple yet for what it is, brilliantly delivered. There's rumours of another sequel, which I'd hope to see, but truthfully if it didn't have Adkin's it would be sorely lacking a one man special effect. Adkin's is even better than Kong! ***

Page 1 of 4:[1] [2] [3] [4] [Next]