IMDb > Hoodwinked! (2005) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Hoodwinked!

Hoodwinked! More at IMDbPro »

Page 15 of 25: [Prev][10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [22] [23] [24] [25] [Next]

Hoodwinked!

Author: jDriftyx82 from United States
27 April 2011

This tired, lame movie with bad animation puts no effort in to make it half decent.

It combines stars such as Patrick Warburton (TV's Rules of Engagement, Family Guy), Anne Hathaway (Devil Wears Prada), Glenn Close (Air Force One), Jim Belushi (TV's According to Jim), Andy Dick (TV's NewsRadio), Chazz Palminteri (A Bronx Tale) and many others. Unfortunately, it makes no effort in the writing, that it's complete crap. And of course, it has dated animation from the '80s.

The story's not all that great. The voice acting leaves much to be desired. The lighting is horrible and the textures are gaudy and annoying.

Too complicated plot

Author: Gordon-11 from Earth
2 October 2006

This film is a modern reworking of the Little Red Riding Hood. The story line is completely different from the original.

I find the plot too twisted and complicated. It shows the story in four different perspectives, and then integrates the four perspectives to generate the truth. It is very unlikely to work for kids, whom I guess will have a lot of trouble understanding the plot. Other than that, I must applaud for such an innovative concept, to rework the children's story to make it look like a detective story for kids.

Other than that, the animation is great. It is very pleasant to watch. The Little Red Riding Hood has such big eyes that is obviously modelled on Anne Hathaway's eyes!

Completely charmless waste of time and CPU.

Author: makuribu from Canada
2 December 2011

It's like watching TV and movies made in the 80s when everybody in the credits was on cocaine. Even stoned, who could find this appealing? The animation is a CGI version of really bad claymation. The dialogue is at times ponderous, other times bewildering. The plot makes no sense. The characters are unappealing. The jokes are either laboured and obvious or they're just plain unfunny. When you listen to the characters it's as if they hired people and asked them to sound like somebody more famous and more expensive. And yet they made a sequel but without Anne Hathaway, the only name in the cast recognizable by anybody under 50.

What the...?

Great family film!

Author: shannygoat1 from Baltimore, MD
8 May 2006

OK, so the animation isn't Pixar, but it's not bad either. Hell, I watched South Park for 2 seasons where they weren't even using computer animation, just cut outs. I have to give credit were it is due, this was a good movie. It made me laugh out loud, which is not something that I do often at a children's movie. I've seen so many bad one's later, Chicken Little,that I wasn't psyched to see this one. Boy was I surprised. The humor was witty and there was enough physical humor that my son thought it was hilarious and enough adult humor to crack me up! The script and comedic timing was priceless. There were plenty of references from other movies that made it even funnier. I'd even consider watching a part 2 if they could be as creative. Two thumbs way up from me and my kid!

An animated fractured fairy tale musical masterpiece!

Author: smokey-39 from United States
6 May 2006

First of all, I'm not sure why IMDb has never updated this as a musical. There are 5 songs performed on screen by characters in the film. Corpse Bride only had 4 and it is classified as one. Anyway, this film was really refreshing. It definitely was a modern twist on the classic story. But, not in an obscene or over the top way like in Shrek. That film may be good for adults - but this film is fun for all ages.

The one bad thing (and it can very annoying to musical lovers) is that all but one of the film's five musical numbers was trimmed down thanks to clueless test audiences out in LA who are truly in their own world. How do I know they were trimmed because of test audiences? Because the sequences were FULLY animated. Cutting a musical sequence after all of the tremendous work that it took to fully animate it, definitely means that studio execs made the choice based on test screenings.

Anyway, the full original musical numbers can be seen on the DVD (in the special features) and are of course available on the soundtrack. The commentary on these tracks is useless. But then again, a new director stepping out and saying something like what exists in the middle paragraph of this review, could mean the end of his or her career. Still, all in all this is a great piece of work. Great story, script, voice acting, and singing. Anne Hathaway has the voice of an angel! It's funny, it's fresh, and it is still a musical. Hooray.

Great film!

Author: willjlz from United States
5 May 2006

This has to be one of the funniest movies we've seen in a very long time.Can't say enough about this film.Hoodwinked is a good clean fun film. It goes to show a great movie can be made, even with a low budget, by sheer intelligence, wit & a realistic feel of what people enjoy.Children giggled in the theater,adults belly-laughed.Folks danced in the aisles to the music during the credits.We snickered all the way home discussing our favorite parts & even when relating the film to others for days later. Needless to say we purchased the DVD the day it was released.Great music video y'all! To the writers (producers & directors) Thanks & keep 'em coming!

Takes the crown of wittiest family animated film from Shrek

Author: D A from SoFla, UsA
21 April 2006

Congratualations to the animators and financiers for backing a retelling and rearranging of our beloved nursery archetypes, a task that must have met it's share of disapproval along the way. It is not so much the ludicrous insinuations of former memories that takes the cake, but the strong pace and innovative storytelling taking kiddie animation to a classier narrative structure then ever seen. What the actual animation lacks in glitzy over production it more then makes up for in it's unique flavor. Voice acting is very well done; the overall effect is far less bombastic and ironic then the many modern American animated characters. Overall, this is probably THE family film for the moment, appeasing both demographics better then anything I've seen before.

The worst animated movie there is...

Author: jack-crow (jack.crow@gmx.de) from Germany
9 March 2008

I do not want to waste much time commenting on a movie as bad as this one, so I will put it in a nutshell: Although the quality of the frames taken independently is good, the animation is the crappiest I have ever seen. Even around 1998 there were TV series which featured much better computer animation. A good story could make up for it, but unfortunately there is not one. The story starts off average and then takes a rather steep downward slope as it progresses with the grandma episode being the absolute low point beyond which I simply could not bear watching any more. Luckily the sleep timer I had activated on my laptop kicked in and saved me from having to endure more of this uninspired excuse for a movie.

hoodwinked-OK i guess

Author: ornelash from United States
21 January 2006

Well i fell asleep half way thru the movie and was waiting for it to be over. my daughter enjoyed it though.My husband fell asleep about 20 minutes into it. the animation was good but i thought the script was lacking in some areas. I told my husband it wasn't a total loss because my 5 year old said she liked it. We really try to look for movies that are for the family. It was good for the family but we thought it was boring.Most of the time there was silence when a line was suppose to be funny. There were some funny parts but not many. I understand the story but i was like why bother. I guess it depends on ones taste.I would say if you want to see it then go. But do not expect to have your socks blown off.Wait for it to come out on video or the dollar theatre.

Couldn't Stop Giggling

Author: lara-34 from Bay Area, California, USA
16 January 2006

There were a number of belly laughs for the parents, and enough slapstick for the kids. My 7.5 year old daughter absolutely loved it as did I. We'll definitely buy it when it comes out, and I definitely feel it was worth the money.

My personal favorite is seeing the Wolf E. Wolf channeling Fletch E. Fletcher.

The action scenes were delightfully thrilling without taking away from the story.

The way the narrative was run appealed to me, and I believe it appealed to my daughter as well as the moral of the story: there are three sides to every story.

The door was left wide open for sequels, and I do hope they drive through that door with a passion.