IMDb > Nasaan Ka Man (2005) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Nasaan Ka Man More at IMDbPro »

it's a film with a complex plot and developing characters that would make you love the movie regardless of how bad or good the character is

Author: foxy from Philippines
23 June 2005

there's only so much that i can take of Filipino films, especially nowadays where the trend is sex, action and slapstick comedy(which i hate). the fact that Nasaan Ka Man made me think and made me gape during the movie was a big plus. It's got good cinematic scenes and editing was great, especially the cinematography. i think that Claudine deserves the best actress here rather than getting one in the movie Milan. the fact that there's only so few Filipino movies that i really like. i think Cholo Laurel did such a great job in this movie. i truly truly loved this movie, technically and character development wise; the plot was complex and that's what made it terrific.

Great Movie

Author: gabna2 from Philippines
17 June 2005

My family and I normally do not watch local movies for the simple reason that they are poorly made, they lack the depth, and just not worth our time.

The trailer of "Nasaan ka man" caught my attention, my daughter in law's and daughter's so we took time out to watch it this afternoon. The movie exceeded our expectations. The cinematography was very good, the story beautiful and the acting awesome. Jericho Rosales was really very good, so's Claudine Barretto. The fact that I despised Diether Ocampo proves he was effective at his role. I have never been this touched, moved and affected by a local movie before. Imagine a cynic like me dabbing my eyes at the end of the movie? Congratulations to Star Cinema!! Way to go, Jericho and Claudine!!

The story of a love that unveils a family's darkest secrets.

Author: purplenutcase from United Kingdom
10 December 2006

Having seen the uncut version, I thought this film was beautifully made. It captured my attention from beginning to end; the tension was wonderfully conveyed. Nasaan Ka Man portrays the typical Filipino family with accuracy in its presentation of secrets and lies. Even the religious culture, the human tendency to keep up appearances and maintain a pure reputation is shown with stark vividness in Gloria Diaz's character. There is not a little scene in this film that does not have a purpose- the cinematography is excellent and the writing brilliant.

Although the plot is great, I personally found that the twist at the end, the revelation to do with Jericho's character was not as much of a shock as it should be. But then maybe that's just me, because otherwise, Nasaan Ka Man is a very cleverly made film.

The casting was good to begin with, but Deither and Claudine's acting were the icing on the cake. Not one to miss if you're looking for a Filipino film that will surprise and surpass expectations. Thumbs up to the director.

Discount Marriage?

Author: celeni from Philippines
7 July 2008

By public policy, none of the love teams would have ended up in marriage in this movie because according to Art. 38 of the Family Code, marriages contracted between adoptive children of the same adoptive parents shall be void ab initio.

So yes, legally, it would've all ended in death anyway. Story of forbidden love.

But this movie was really good. It had a very interesting twist to it, not to mention a very good setting and cinematography. I watched it over Batman Begins 3 years ago, and I still don't regret it. I think it's one of the Star Cinema films that became underrated and deserved more attention.

a bad movie that pretends to be good.

Author: C M from United States
21 August 2005

at first i thought 'nasaan ka man' might be one of those progressive new filipino films. as someone noted earlier, the movie does not look poorly made. it's clear that the directors used more expensive cameras to shoot, better angles, better sound equipment, good-looking actors, and nicer locations.

however, the improvements are all purely superficial. if it weren't for all the polish and expensive filters, 'nasaan ka man' would feel just like your typical, second-rate local movie - - hyperactive drama, predictable plot twists, "yeah right!" moments, crying, screaming, and characters you could care less about, all shoved down your throat.

a couple of things annoyed me about this movie. first of all, since when is it okay to have sex with adopted family? that not-blood-related argument does not make an ounce of difference. second, would a woman really not tell anyone for 40 years that she was raped, simply because the father told her to keep it secret? and, where were the lights in this movie? i know the director tried to make things look super dramatic, but i was simply forced to turn up the brightness feature on my TV set.