IMDb > Stay Alive (2006) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Stay Alive

Stay Alive More at IMDbPro »

Page 9 of 29: [Prev][4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [Next]

New twist to things

Author: Elizabeth McClung from United States
13 October 2006

OK I hate how everybody I talk to about this movie says that it was really stupid and not even scary. This movie was so scary i had nightmares about it! Now I know you are probably thinking,"What a baby! She got scared from a movie like that?!", but just think about it. In almost all of scary movies, the good guys end up winning. But at the end of this movie, when the viewer sees the game informer magazines and the guy taking the game out of the box, you realize that after all of the efforts by the protagonists, The Blood Countess actually WON! Now I'm not saying thats a good thing, but its kinda of a new twist to things.

Great movie - Late review!

Author: CarolinaBrynn from United States
31 August 2006

HELLO! The movie was awesome! And Sophia totally pulled the goth girl off. :) I gave it 10 out of 10 stars because...well....DUH...it was great! The story line was great, and original. Not like you've got a girl with big breasts running up the stairs and locking herself in the room! (With the killer mind you.) All of the actors/actresses did a great job pulling off the gamer persona. I would know, my sister and I are gamers. :) As said though. The storyline and plot...were highly original. Who has ever seen a game that kills people? And hey. So not a Japanese rip off. (RING AND GRUDGE!) <<; >>;

So yeah. 10 out of 10. :)

awesome

Author: foxyangel-baby from United States
14 April 2006

i loved it and Sophia bush was great!!!! Sophia's line before she died was hilarious but it was sad she died!!! i loved the movie and cant wait until it comes out on DVD!!!! it was a very edge of your seat, scare the crap out of you movie!!! Samaire Armstrong was good too!!! It was scary but funny at the same time with great actors so that makes the movie better too!!! the only part i did not like was at the end when the crazy ghost lady got re-resurrected! It might be kind of cool if there was some sort of sequel maybe... the movie definitely makes you have a different perspective on video games, mirrors, and the dark though!! but it was good!!

I thought it was actually good

Author: Italia_babe from United States
31 March 2006

I was going online to the IMDb website to check on this movie, since I had just seen it, and what ratings other people gave it. I was shocked to see that it received an average of 2.3 stars out of 10. Come on you guys; I actually liked this movie. It was original, it had good actors and actresses (not to mention the BUFF HOTT GORGEOUS Jon Foster). Frankie Muniz is one of my favorite actors, I'm not sure why, but maybe that is part of the reason why I enjoyed this movie so much. Plus, it actually had a bit of heart. I recommend this movie. ANd if you don't like it because of the plot or graphics, at least go for Jon Foster :-D

i liked it better when it was the ring or i mean cry wolf or i mean...

Author: ntrk from United States
25 March 2006

I gave it 4 out of 10 completely for Frankie Munoz's "No fair Bi!@$, that's cheating! I didn't die!" It's another interesting story like cry wolf, but horrible execution. It also borrows a lot from the ring regarding new technologies bearing older threats. Also the whole line about her being that lady from Hungary doesn't add up with them living in New Orleans. I think the shakiness of the story telling is due to the producers trying to avoid the part about them being in New Orleans. That would account for a number of holes. I also don't particularly appreciate my death scenes being so quick and non-elaborate. Death scenes aren't as scary when you don't build them up that much and hurry through them. That's the whole point of a horror flick. Very creative, but once again the story itself is told so poorly that it just ruins it.

Flawed But Very Entertaining

Author: Claudio Carvalho from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
15 July 2007

The teenager Loomis Crowley (Milo Ventimiglia) is testing the underground game Stay Alive with his friends Sarah (Nicole Oppermann) and Rex (Billy Slaughter). When the game is over, the impressed Loomis finds in the middle of the night Rex and Sarah dead in their room, and his is pushed by a shadow from the staircase, breaking the banister and hanging the same way he died in the game. Loomis's sister Emma gives his games to his best friend, Hutch (Jon Foster), and he joins his friends Miller (Adam Goldberg), Phineus (Jimmi Simpson) and his sister October (Sophia Bush), Swink (Frankie Muniz) and Abigail (Samaire Armstrong) to play the unknown game together. When Miller and Phineus die the same way they died in the game, the survivors disclose that the game is based on the life of the evil Countess Elizabeth Bathory, who was buried alive in the tower of her real state in the Geronge Plantation. With the police chasing them, and after the death of October, the survivors reach the house and try to find the corpse of the Countess to destroy her fiend.

"Stay Alive" is flawed, but it is very entertaining and underrated in IMDb. The story is not scary, but a pleasant adventure with good special effects, the actors and actresses have good performances and show good chemistry. The attitude of the police chasing the teenagers is the flawed and silliest part of the plot, and is simply forgotten in the rest of the story. My vote is six.

Title (Brazil): "Stay Alive - Jogo Mortal" ("Stay Alive - Mortal Game")

Love It!!!

Author: Boonader93 from Sweden
27 May 2007

Stay Alive Is Great. There Are No Parts Of This Movie Were You Think Its Borading. The Storyline Was Great. The Only Thing That Needs To Be Better Is Funnyist It Was Not Very Funny There Was Like 2 Or 3 Parts But The Movie Is Not Made To Be Funny So i Get That But I Love Movie That Are Funny. I Think Everyone That Likes Movie Where You Have To Think To Get The Movie Will Like It. Horror Movies Are Not My Fav But I Like This One Which Is Very Rare. The Only Horror Movies I Like Are The Ones That Have Good Story Lines And Thats Why I Love This Movie. And That Is Why You Should Go Out Right Now And Get This Movie.

P.S I Hope There's A Stay Alive 2.

Nice B-movie!

Author: Efenstor from Krasnoyarsk, Siberia, Russia
8 June 2006

I think every horror movie should be entertaining. Just like this one. I dunno maybe I think so because I am a B-movie lover, though what's the use of all those serious slimy/disgusting/gory "high art"? To get more negative emotions? I think we have 'em enough watching news. To avoid watching them again willingly (unless your artistic taste is already pathologic)? I know it sounds old but art should TEACH and ENTERTAIN! Like this movie and like every good movie in the world! The very idea was somewhat original, but the originality ends here. The rest is mediocre acting, mediocre CGI (though not that bad for a B-movie!), more than a mediocre plot and rather unsophisticated ending. The photography could be much worse, as well as the direction. Though there is an atmosphere, several rather eerie moments and even a moment that made me jump! Enjoyable and not boring at all. Worth watching to relax and to laugh. And to jump once or twice too. >:[

The BEST Movie in America, period.

Author: Joseph Lemon from United States
25 April 2006

I loved this movie so much! It was very scary for a PG-13 movie, and for a horror movie.

This movie is set in a small town, in which an underground video game called Stay Alive is found by Loomis, played by Milo Ventimiglia, and is found out later in the movie to be the reason he died. He played the game, and died less than 5 minutes later after stopping. This was the most scariest and funniest part in the movie. After Loomis dies, everyone else, like Jimmi Simpson, Sophia Bush, and Adam Goldberg's characters, die one at a time in the same way that they died in the video game, Very good plot, characters, and I hope that there will be a sequel!!!!!

Stay alive

Author: furryrussian from United States
27 March 2006

If ya love scary movies, and ya love video game based movies this is a must...

When it comes to movie on this basis, this one blows the rest out of the water...its a must see, i loved it and you will too.......

With plenty of action, surprises and some of the creepiest cg and story line i've seen in a while, this movie would go to the top of my list when it comes to go and watch again...and I'm not one to see a movie at the theater more than once...

the best what to sum it up is a haunted video game horror, with scenes that will make the most experience horror movie goers jump in their seats....