IMDb > Lights (1984) (TV) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Lights (TV) More at IMDbPro »

A wonderful Holiday tale

Author: Randy H. Farb (rhfarb@yahoo.com) from United States
5 December 2007

Lights: The Miracle of Chanukah" is a fantastic storytelling feat that beats "8 Crazy Nights" by a mile. Here we have the real story of Hanukkah, albeit with not so great animation. The voice-over work and script, however, make up for it. Paul Michael Glaser plays a young Jewish man, who is befriended by an Assyrian/Greek (Leonard Nimoy.) (Paul) wants to be friends with (Leonard), but is not ready to discard the old ways of Judaism just yet. Every time he tries, a golden Star Of David, ala Jiminy Cricket, reminds him of who he is. Judd Hirsch provides a great historical narrative explaining the events that occurred. I heartily recommend this short film, since nothing better has come along.

simply scrumptulious

Author: snowskier4989 from United States
26 December 2005

First Caeser, then Napoleon. The next man to conquer is cinematographer Paul Michael Graser. If I had to come up with a word for this film, I couldn't, therefore I have to create my own:

Lights. Is. Described As:

Srumtroolescent. I highly recommend this movie. It brought hope and a "light" in a tunnel...a dark tunnel, headed towards narcotics.

"I've never seen it, i can't comment," said Matt Aldana, not a member of the Tribe.

Randi Levine remembers watching this movie as a young moppet. "OK. Hey." She continues, "No...shamos,no." "Nun, no." "GIMMEL! Give it to me all! This movie is outstanding! Twenty three minutes and thirty seconds of gold, pure gold."